Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty? | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Is the proverbial shoe about to drop on college basketball royalty?

So does the NCAA bury their collective heads in the sand and say they are waiting until the conclusion of an ongoing investigation or start to act on eligibility issues immediately? It kind of destroys competitive balance when some teams proactively hold players out and others ignore the reports, doesn’t it?
To be fair (I'm not defending the NCAA) they can't act on news stories, so I expect they will wait until the investigation is completed. Unless, the NCAA is getting info from the FBI throughout. I think they will take their time fur legal reasons.

To be fair (I'm not defending the NCAA) they can't act on news stories, so I expect they will wait until the investigation is completed. Unless, the NCAA is getting info from the FBI throughout. I think they will take their time fur legal reasons.
It'll be fascinating to see how this unfolds this season. I think Miller has to be at least "suspended" by Arizona until the investigation is complete. The NCAA may also tell schools to self impose this year, or risk action next year.

It'll be fascinating to see how this unfolds this season. I think Miller has to be at least "suspended" by Arizona until the investigation is complete. The NCAA may also tell schools to self impose this year, or risk action next year.

I support this.
A few schools banning themselves from this year’s tourney is good for SU.

Miller won't last past Sunrise.
tucson-sunrise-1366419493rgQ.jpg

He gone

The corruption starts with fans accepting NCAA players not getting paid. Too many people accept that, and then the entire sham goes into action.

They don't want the players paid, they can't transfer, they can't leave early, and they have to give their all to the school, so the "academics" which the system is based on are totally compromised. And of course fans expect schools to win at all costs by bringing in players who have to really ride the system and skirt the rules to survive.

Fans think it's OK to cheat a little. Just enough to justify it in their mind. Cheating a little is OK. Cheating a lot may be OK. As long as its not as much as the next guy, Then we are all good.

And then they act all angry when all the poop hits the fan. What the hell were you expecting?

Monte morris named by forde. Another guy for some reason we didnt recruit. Maybe this explains jb’s actions some have been so critical of over the years. Like why we never offered cam reddish. Why as the dream school were so often passed over. I hope so anyway.

Can't wait for the class action lawsuits demanding the same $100k for every woman's field hockey member. Going to be the end of collegiate sports.

I’m thinking we’ll be a 4 seed.

Monte morris named by forde. Another guy for some reason we didnt recruit. Maybe this explains jb’s actions some have been so critical of over the years. Like why we never offered cam reddish. Why as the dream school were so often passed over. I hope so anyway.

I remember multiple threads questioning what the hell was JB doing in the recruitment of certain players.

The corruption starts with fans accepting NCAA players not getting paid. Too many people accept that, and then the entire sham goes into action.

They don't want the players paid, they can't transfer, they can't leave early, and they have to give their all to the school, so the "academics" which the system is based on are totally compromised. And of course fans expect schools to win at all costs by bringing in players who have to really ride the system and skirt the rules to survive.

Fans think it's OK to cheat a little. Just enough to justify it in their mind. Cheating a little is OK. Cheating a lot may be OK. As long as its not as much as the next guy, Then we are all good.

And then they act all angry when all the poop hits the fan. What the hell were you expecting?

I’m not going to great lengths here, only to say I’m against paying players. They have given them that cost of attendance thing which is different at each school, but I remain on the side that says these are amateurs getting paid with a free education which at SU is $65k a year.

I remember multiple threads questioning what the hell was JB doing in the recruitment of certain players.

Does raise an eyebrow. Like were really just ignoring top players for no reason. That doesnt make sense. That being said, im still scared...

If I'm Arizona right now, I'm not sure I'm doing anything with Miller, as it relates to the NCAA.

Miller gets rolled by the FBI, so it goes. But I wouldn't sacrifice him to the NCAA. I'd make the NCAA do whatever they're going to do. Things are really broken - I don't see the point of any single program falling on the sword when a whole system is in failure.

If I'm Arizona right now, I'm not sure I'm doing anything with Miller, as it relates to the NCAA.

Miller gets rolled by the FBI, so it goes. But I wouldn't sacrifice him to the NCAA. I'd make the NCAA do whatever they're going to do. Things are really broken - I don't see the point of any single program falling on the sword when a whole system is in failure.
Gotta wonder if ADs/Presidents are in communication between schools on this - sort of formulating a unified front

Gotta wonder if ADs/Presidents are in communication between schools on this - sort of formulating a unified front

That would be the NCAA itself since it is made up of ADs and Presidents along with other school administrators. I’m sure there are many convos taking place within the NCAA.