Is there anyone left... ? | Syracusefan.com

Is there anyone left... ?

No one would say extension.

But after the dust settles a bit, I'm sure there will be people that think we need to let the season play out and that 8-4 is still possible.

I'm no longer one of those people. The teams remaining might not be as strong, but we're a hot mess. 180 degree different team than what beat Purdue.

I asked this a few weeks ago after UNC and no one really answered it. We have a handful of big donors (Lally etc)Are we now finally at the point they put some pressure on Wildhack to make a move?

Can’t imagine these guys feel all warm and fuzzy donation millions to see our team just getting completely lapped by comparable teams.

I asked this a few weeks ago after UNC and no one really answered it. We have a handful of big donors (Lally etc)Are we now finally at the point they put some pressure on Wildhack to make a move?

Can’t imagine these guys feel all warm and fuzzy donation millions to see our team just getting completely lapped by comparable teams.
Our donors I would gather don’t care that much to push for a firing

The push imo will come from ex players and the media.

This isn’t t boone situation.

But after the dust settles a bit, I'm sure there will be people that think we need to let the season play out and that 8-4 is still possible.

I'm no longer one of those people. The teams remaining might not be as strong, but we're a hot mess. 180 degree different team than what beat Purdue.

I was on the “let the season play out” side - last five games were all winnable. And if we lost a close game at VT (like on a last second field goal) - I’d still be there. But getting blown out on national TV and being mocked by the announcers isn’t going to help us see the uptick in recruiting we need. This game flipped me; I’d be thrilled if they fired Babers today honestly.

Personally I’m kinda hoping we lose the next three so we can fire Babers after Georgia Tech (if we do t today) and get a jump on recruiting. I fear JW will hold out hope of a miracle until the last possible moment - I’d like any irrational hope left remaining in the athletic department to be extinguished quickly.

Lilly is a big fan of Dino.

Lilly is a big fan of Dino.
May be a huge fan of Dino but he’s not a huge fan of getting embarrassed on TV. No former athlete is. Everyone wants a return on their donations. He can be a bigger fan of the next guy.

Lally has stepped up but Dino hasn’t. In the business world, Dino gets fired by the Board and replaced by an interim. It’s time. We may not have the most vocal donors, which is good….we don’t want that….but I’m sure JW’s phone has been lighting up by people who matter.

How can anyone possibly think he is the answer anymore. Does anyone SERIOUSLY, RATIONALLY, think we win even 2 more games? Wheels ain't coming off. They're already an 18 wheeler pile of hot, shredded rubber trash on 81 south.

If they fire berbers today, okay fine. I just hope they don't go costanza throwing out baby with the bathwater

Go find an old washed up air raid QB not an old rb

We’re kind of lucky that we have to chose from extension or fire because of there was a middle option to do nothing I’m sure we’d take it.

VT didn’t look good last night in person we were that bad. I still think we can take 2/4. The ACC isn’t that tough a conference we can totally catch lightning in a bottle with the next guy.

There’s no one left and rightfully so. The only thing exciting about this program right now for me personally is the coaching search that will surely be coming.
Ugh …… Couldn’t be anymore less excited or depressed, I know it’s coming but it’s means 2 years of really sh:& y football and then if all goes well ( which odds are it won’t ) we will have a decent 6-6 7-5 team. It sucks , as I mentioned before, I hope it goes well for Adrian. Our last hope .

If they fire berbers today, okay fine. I just hope they don't go costanza throwing out baby with the bathwater

Go find an old washed up air raid QB not an old rb
Why not Rich Rod then?

Ugh …… Couldn’t be anymore less excited or depressed, I know it’s coming but it’s means 2 years of really sh:& y football and then if all goes well ( which odds are it won’t ) we will have a decent 6-6 7-5 team. It sucks , as I mentioned before, I hope it goes well for Adrian. Our last hope .
The game ain't what it used to be. There's no reason a program has to slog through bad years with a new coach while he rebuilds. If he's at all a competent recruiter he can use the portal and quickly restock talent to replace the guys who are going to portal out. Plus the schedule next year is cake. A decent hire can at least go 6-6 next season if he finds a new QB.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom