Is there anyone on this board | Syracusefan.com

Is there anyone on this board

mark79

All Conference
who is not a Debbie Downer? Please raise your hand and be counted.

I'm astounded at the success of this team. Call it luck, call it smoke and mirrors, call it winning ugly. I don't care. Go Orange!

Love this team. You'll never hear me complain about 28-1 and a #2 ranking. They are all studs in my book. I expect a FF run.

I'm not, I'm a happy guy and I love this team.

I just wish my cat would stop crapping all over the house. And I dunno, is it normal to get hit by three cars in one week? It also kinda blows that I got mugged the other day. And don't get me started on my lupus. My car also caught fire the other day, while I was sleeping in it because I was evicted last week. I also have this rash, I think it's a rash anyway but the doctor won't see me anymore. Something about a lawsuit, I really wouldn't know, my court appointed attorney doesn't speak English. My dog ran away last night, too. Funny thing is he took my wife with him and left a note, but signed her name. Weird.

This has been an awesome, excellent, historic season that I will remember as one of the all time best.

And, I am secure enough in that knowledge that I am not afraid to take an unvarnished look at this squad and its prospects going forward.

I am pretty positive on this team. But we are at a major disadvantage. If we dont win it all, we will have no ability to say "I was right!" Everyone that claims to know and understand the inherent flaws of this team cannot lose. If SU loses they can say "see? i told you so!" and if Cuse wins they will somehow manage to argue that Cuse "fixed" the problems they identified. So to keep with the tradition of always being right, I will now claim we are inherently flawed (reserve the right to identify those flaws as we go).

If Syracuse does not win another game this year they will still have had a very special season in my eyes. I honestly thought that losing 3 regular season games was the best they could possibly do. They only have to win one more to prove me wrong.

I consider myself on the positive side of things as a fan, so its not often (to say the least) that a team finishes better than I thought their record could be in a perfect season.

2658968648_c21d2aed60.jpg

I think I'm more of a "glass is half full" type when it come to assessing where the team is at a point in time. But whenever I anticipate any upcoming game, I can manufacture a 100 reasons why we could lose.

YEAHHHHH!!! I am relieved to find that some of you feel like I do. I love this team, warts and all.

who is not a Debbie Downer? Please raise your hand and be counted.

Debbie Downer here. In the middle of the season I saw a final four team. I don't see that anymore.

That doesn't mean that this hasn't been a wildly successful season. But it's starting to feel a lot like 2010, which didn't have a happy ending (people forget that even before Arinze went down, we got WORKED by Louisville in the last game of the regular season and Georgetown handled us in the BE tournament. The talk about a sure thing national championship if Arinze didn't go down is insane to me.)

It doesn't feel like we're getting better as the season progresses, and that's a mark of a dangerous tournament team. There is plenty of time for them to prove me wrong.

I am enjoying watching this season unfold, as I do every year. I think something special is in the air with this team, but no matter how this ends up, I'll take away some great memories.

No reason to be...

Fab has been back for 6 games.
In those 6 games we shot. 34,50,34, 55,34, and 59% from the field.
We were up on Uconn nicely (yes we were up by 6-10 throughout much of the game).
We blew out St Johns. We had USF blown out twice to we decided to play around.
We shot horrendus against Louisville on the road and still won. We shot 50% against rutgers on the road melo was off so they were kinda lucky to stick with us.

I think people are missing the above. The glass is more then half full from that view. :rolleyes:

If Syracuse does not win another game this year they will still have had a very special season in my eyes.

Wow. I would love to be able to celebrate a first round NCAA loss and remember the great wins against Providence and USF... I would be shattered.

Don't you get it??? Its not just the team...it's EVERYTHING!!!!! DOOOMED, I tell ya...
doomed bitch.jpg

But it's starting to feel a lot like 2010, which didn't have a happy ending (people forget that even before Arinze went down, we got WORKED by Louisville in the last game of the regular season and Georgetown handled us in the BE tournament. The talk about a sure thing national championship if Arinze didn't go down is insane to me.)

Louisville had our number (and has, for years) and that was an emotional game for them - the last game ever at historic Freedom Hall. SU wasn't going to face them again in the NCAAT, however.

Your memory of the Georgetown game is flawed. SU had mounted a comeback against the Hoyas and the momentum was on our side. They kept it up briefly after Arinze went down at around the 5 minute mark - it was a 2 point game with 4 minutes to play, but without that inside presence the Orange just couldn't close it out.

I say this over and over again - the tournament is a crapshoot with a lot of luck involved, so I don't know if SU would have won a title that year. But I do know that they were without question the best team in the nation (Coach K and Bobby Knight both seconded that opinion in the days just before Arinze went down), and that Arinze would have made a huge difference vs. Butler.

This team with its ups and very few down seems to will itself to win. How could anyone not like what this team has done...poor rebounding, not so good shooting...but lots of steals, TOs and blocks...its a TEAM WITH HEART AND SOUL...

Debbie Downer here. In the middle of the season I saw a final four team. I don't see that anymore.

That doesn't mean that this hasn't been a wildly successful season. But it's starting to feel a lot like 2010, which didn't have a happy ending (people forget that even before Arinze went down, we got WORKED by Louisville in the last game of the regular season and Georgetown handled us in the BE tournament. The talk about a sure thing national championship if Arinze didn't go down is insane to me.)

It doesn't feel like we're getting better as the season progresses, and that's a mark of a dangerous tournament team. There is plenty of time for them to prove me wrong.

This is how I feel as well. We left our final 4 team somewhere in the mid season before Fab went out. If we can somehow find that mojo it would be nice, but I dont see it at this point.

I love the fact that this team finds ways to win without having to"Put it all together"
In fact, they have so many flaws that at any time they could have given up a number of games and settled for mediocrity.
They play defense so well that when they do give up easy baskets we collectively wonder what we just happened to see.
We often forget the fact that these same individuals are capable of putting up very good numbers on the offensive end.
I always have wondered how this team goes through such horrid stretches of poor shooting and still manages to keep lofting up shots but have since decided that we have so many options that someone is going to keep us in the game until we are able to execute well enough to pull away for another win.
Mark me down as one who believes this team is special.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom