Is this Syracuse classic the last time we have played m2m in a game? | Syracusefan.com

Is this Syracuse classic the last time we have played m2m in a game?

Alsacs

Living Legend
I was talking with a buddy(UNC fan) and he was saying our D is special and gives us unique special identity. I love the zone and the fact we have embraced it. Can anyone remember the last game we played m2m? I could only remember this game.

We played a ton of man throughout the 08-09 season.

I forgot the Le Moyne exhibition before the 2010 season as I never saw that game but remember the score making SC.
Since 2010 it has been 100%.

I believe we probably did play more m2m in 2008-09 I just remembered it in the Kansas game. Devo/Flynn weren't the best zone guards up top.

Damn that game was sweet. Nice coaching play out of the TO to get Andy the open look. Then the switch back to the zone. Niagara Falls guys were warriors for sure. AO a beast.

I watch that game occasionally. Next door to that arena is The College Basketball Experience. That is a great museum/interactive funhouse for hoops junkies. There is awesome life size wallpaper in one elevator and hallway there blown up from a pic of the team in the locker room in KC. Boeheim is addressing the team. Good stuff.

Rak was great last year, but Arinze is the best finisher we have had in the post in the last 15 years. If Coleman could ever do half of what Arinze did we can be great this year...

Watching that makes me sick thinking he couldn't play in the 2010 tournament. He was soooo good. He could of took us over the top.

That might have been the most efficient 10 minutes of Harris' career.

This and a BET tourney game against ND where it was junk time for th whole second half and PH went nuts.

I was talking with a buddy(UNC fan) and he was saying our D is special and gives us unique special identity. I love the zone and the fact we have embraced it. Can anyone remember the last game we played m2m? I could only remember this game.

We played man this season. What was the game that they kept hitting 3's inbounding the ball with 1 second on the shot clock? The 2nd time was man.

Here is the OT and great conclusion.
Wow. Thanks for posting those.
I wish I had better memory retention for games. I watch them all, but specifics don't 'stick' for very long.
Almost as fascinating as the game was the news scrawl at the bottom for the entirety of both clips. A little time capsule of news with hindsight.

My memory is usually terrible when it comes to single games/moments but i remembered that Flynn 3 to tie perfectly. For better and/or worse the Flynn/Harris/Devo/Onuaku teams had an attitude we haven't really had since. Exception made for Dion, who probably would have fit in perfectly. It made them pretty damn fun to watch.

My memory is usually terrible when it comes to single games/moments but i remembered that Flynn 3 to tie perfectly. For better and/or worse the Flynn/Harris/Devo/Onuaku teams had an attitude we haven't really had since. Exception made for Dion, who probably would have fit in perfectly. It made them pretty damn fun to watch.

Dude. You're still 1000x better than me. I didn't remember PLAYING that game. Like, at all. All new again. I'm like, "are we gonna win this? I don't want to see us lose right now." It was weird seeing Joseph and Rautins in secondary roles. And Paul Harris was good? How's that possible, with the way he's discussed these days? : /

Attitude, yeah, but how about those basketball skills? Those guys were all highly skilled - compare Devendorf and Flynn to Ennis and Carter-Williams (or any number of Syracuse guards who've played this decade). For all their difficulties, the '08-'09 kids could do a lot of great things and I've always thought the Kansas game epitomized that: they wanted a win and they worked very hard that night. (It helped that we switched to man, which better suited Flynn and Harris; funny to see even Devendorf putting the work in, hedging screens in a mechanical way but doing his best.)

Love Vitale's talking points; on this night, he was under the impression that Onuaku could be a star if only he believed in himself.

One of my favorite underrated SU games, love the effort against a good opponent away from home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom