Is this the least talented team in Syracuse University men's basketball history? | Syracusefan.com

Is this the least talented team in Syracuse University men's basketball history?

SUFan44

Hall of Fame
I believe that it is.

Not one of these guys is a true NBA prospect.

"Syracuse Basketball History" needs some parameters. I'm sure we had less talented teams at some point. It has to be a strong contender for least talented of the JB era.

Last edited:
No. And that’s the depressing part. These guys are getting worse not better

Which teams had worse talent?

If you'd like to argue 1995-96, I would counter by saying we had an NBA 1st Rounder & 2nd Team All-American on that team.

1996-97 wasn't very good, but Jason Hart & Etan Thomas were on the roster and they played 10+ years in the NBA.

All others were light years better since the early '80's.

If you'd like to argue 1995-96, I would counter by saying we had an NBA 1st Rounder & 2nd Team All-American on that team.

1996-97 wasn't very good, but Jason Hart & Etan Thomas were on the roster and they played 10+ years in the NBA.

95-96?

Well in '68-'69 we were 9-16. In '60-'61 we were 4-19 and '61-'62 2-22. I don't know what players were on those teams but I bet they weren't very good.

Last edited:
Maybe 2014-2015? Who even was on that team. I just remember rak being amazing and us screwing him from a postseason.

Starters were Kaleb, Cooney, G, Roberson, Rak. That team still needed to do a bunch of work in the ACCT (which we didn't play in) to make the tourney.
Absolutely. But still. Felt bad for Rak.

Take a good look at the last 4 recruiting classes and that will give you an indication of why we lack talent and we have a senile old man who can only coach a team that has a lot of talent on it as long as ( JB ) is at the helm this program is going to be bad and when he leaves it might take a couple of years to get back to being a decent program the loss of Hopkins hurt us very bad ask yourself this question how many players on this current roster would have been offered a scholarship back in the glory days of SU. hoops ? maybe 3

Maybe 2014-2015? Who even was on that team. I just remember rak being amazing and us screwing him from a postseason.
Yep Rak’s miraculous senior year saved Boeheim from a historical disaster of a season.

Same with Gbinije agreeing to do a 180 in his college career and becoming a point guard with the dedication and commitment of a prussian drill sergeant. The square peg that saved SU’s ace.

I believe that it is.

Not one of these guys is a true NBA prospect.
No. Not close. We have had a lot of terrible teams in our history. You might want to ask if this is the least athletic team in JB coaching era? That would be a fair question. I think we lost like 40 in a row in the early 60's.

Yep Rak’s miraculous senior year saved Boeheim from a historical disaster of a season.

Same with Gbinije agreeing to do a 180 in his college career and becoming a point guard with the dedication and commitment of a prussian drill sergeant. The square peg that saved SU’s ace.

That was not miraculous! He was underutilized before that!!! :)

I do believe that, but not trying to start a Rak debate - just being funny (fyi)

Take a good look at the last 4 recruiting classes and that will give you an indication of why we lack talent and we have a senile old man who can only coach a team that has a lot of talent on it as long as ( JB ) is at the helm this program is going to be bad and when he leaves it might take a couple of years to get back to being a decent program the loss of Hopkins hurt us very bad ask yourself this question how many players on this current roster would have been offered a scholarship back in the glory days of SU. hoops ? maybe 3
That isn't exactly fair. recruiting in college basketball was different back in our "glory" days. Kids stayed longer so top rated kids went to schools other than Kentucky and Duke and North Carolina.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom