Is this the least talented team in Syracuse University men's basketball history? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is this the least talented team in Syracuse University men's basketball history?

Starters were Kaleb, Cooney, G, Roberson, Rak. That team still needed to do a bunch of work in the ACCT (which we didn't play in) to make the tourney.
That team was worse

Yes. And the coaching is also lackluster. We don’t put our players in good positions to have success.
The talent isn't there and even the mediocre talent is struggling. In order to win they really need to scheme up stuff...but they don't. It is the same recipe from when we were successful. Wondering why it doesn't work anymore. it is obvious it won't work but we will continue to rinse and repeat until the season is over.

Im not saying i have the answers...but i can see the problems pretty easily.

It's a ridiculous statement. We have had much worse teams. He said in Syracuse history. Not your history watching the team.
Well in my history then I’d say one of them.

In the early 60's, and I wasn't around Syracuse for them, we had the worst team in D-1. You know the cupcakes we sometimes play, we lost to them and we were the cupcake.
I wonder what the best NY team was back then

The talent isn't there and even the mediocre talent is struggling. In order to win they really need to scheme up stuff...but they don't. It is the same recipe from when we were successful. Wondering why it doesn't work anymore. it is obvious it won't work but we will continue to rinse and repeat until the season is over.
We have to make shots. But we do have the best 3 pt defense in the ACC. I bet you didn't know that.

No. Not close. We have had a lot of terrible teams in our history. You might want to ask if this is the least athletic team in JB coaching era? That would be a fair question. I think we lost like 40 in a row in the early 60's.
OK, allow me to rephrase.

Is this the least talented team of the Boeheim era.

Better?

I've been watching Syracuse basketball since the mid 80's. This is the worst team talent wise I have seen.

In the early 60's, and I wasn't around Syracuse for them, we had the worst team in D-1. You know the cupcakes we sometimes play, we lost to them and we were the cupcake.
Yeah, that was way before my time so I had to look it up. In December of 1961 NYU beat us 122-59. Niagara, Canisius, Cornell, and Colgate all beat us twice.

Better?

I've been watching Syracuse basketball since the mid 80's. This is the worst team talent wise I have seen.
Much better. I suggested that qualifier in post #4.

Better?

It's still far from the least. Not even close, but I'll chalk it up to being stuck in the moment after a horrific display.

It's still far from the least. Not even close, but I'll chalk it up to being stuck in the moment after a horrific display.
Then what is it? (coaching...?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom