Is This True? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Is This True?

I admire your ignorant self-assurance.

I'm not the only who stated that there isn't much talent in Upstate and that we recruit Canada heavily already. Babers has said many times that they'll take kids from Upstate NY if they're good enough - and not many are.

I spent a good 10 minutes picking apart your completely impractical recruiting ideas before I deleted it.

I have no problem being told I'm wrong. What I have a problem with is that you have no idea what you are talking about and and yet you think you're coming here with something new or brilliant and will not listen to the many who are telling you that you have no idea what you are talking about.
I admire the lack of any ideas that you can propose. Further, I'm sure you had no idea what or where Milford Academy is. Keep drinking the Jim Jones Kool Aid.

And to the basketball point, you have to bring in 2-3 kids per year. Lot different in football when you’re responsible for bringing in 20-25 kids. The recruiting model is fine. Win more games. Simple solution. And don’t say better recruits help win more games. These better coaches will help win more games

Ok, I'm done for the night. I can't argue with someone who can't see the forest for the trees. Enjoy the video game fantasyland you live in.
That's ok...we can bellyache together on Sunday morning about how the referees and how the ACC screwed us. God Bless...

And to the basketball point, you have to bring in 2-3 kids per year. Lot different in football when you’re responsible for bringing in 20-25 kids. The recruiting model is fine. Win more games. Simple solution. And don’t say better recruits help win more games. These better coaches will help win more games
Understood and I hope so. I was challenged to come up with ideas. I did so.

Why would a hockey kid leave home and go to HS in Canada to play Jr. Hockey??
Because they have a better chance of making it as a pro. Canadian junior hockey teams pay players actual money and provide pro training for the NHL rather than play for free for your local HS. Its a pittance but think what the NBA is doing with the GLeague vs playing in college. They play more games against better competition so if you want to make it as a pro, your odds are better playing in the CHL.

I admire the lack of any ideas that you can propose. Further, I'm sure you had no idea what or where Milford Academy is. Keep drinking the Jim Jones Kool Aid.
Of course I know what and where Milford Prep is. I didn't know my ability to read and retain information was in question.

I have no ideas on how to improve Syracuse recruiting. If I come up with one, (a good one, not your ideas) I will write the coaching staff.

Also, I laid out to you all of the challenges Syracuse has in terms of recruiting and why your solutions won't work. I am well aware of Syracuse's mediocrity and lack of blue chippers. I don't know how that makes me a blind follower, but apparently it's because I'm not blown away by your ideas?

Either way, I'm going to fight further urge with argue with you because this is pointless.

We've recruited almost all of the Canadian players that have moved into the states, and early too. They all end up at SEC selector schools. Nothing is going to change that. We also have no input in where kids go to high school, so your second idea is even more ridiculous.

Unless we start consistently winning 8+ games per year we're not going to be able to recruit at a higher level. It's just being realistic about our level.

Do you really believe this?

"Unless we start consistently winning 8+ games per year we're not going to be able to recruit at a higher level. It's just being realistic about our level"

We land better players in the second half of the cycle.

Syracuse needs to be top 45 in recruiting nationally. Somewhere around 10 in the ACC
Can you explain why we would want to be 10th out of 14???

Not taking the bait with you any more. Argue with someone else.
It intentionally wasnt a argument starter. It was a chance for you to confirm or amend a ridiculous statement.

Because that’d give us the talent necessary to potentially win the ACC should we get past Clemson.

we went 10-3 with less than “top 50” ranked classes.

Well the other option is 12-14th where we have been and has led to 4 wins most years. Upping it a little bit will increase the chances of the 9-10 win surprise season.

Just saying we want top 30 classes is worthless. We don't have the footprint nor the resources to do that on a consistent basis.

Because that’d give us the talent necessary to potentially win the ACC should we get past Clemson.

we went 10-3 with less than “top 50” ranked classes.
The 10-3 argument is fairly pointless. We won more than 4 games a single time in the 5 years surrounding that year. So using the 10-3 as if that is the likely outcome of this kind of recruiting doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It intentionally wasnt a argument starter. It was a chance for you to confirm or amend a ridiculous statement.

Wasn’t an argument starter but then say he made a ridiculous statement in attempt to seemingly provoke an argument. You truly are some kind of special.

I feel better about the “we get diamonds in the rough” narrative when our guys have legit P5 size/speed like they usually do in the Dino era than when we were recruiting “hard nosed” 5’8 170 pound guys in the Shafer era.

And those were the D-linemen. :p

Ok, I’m kidding.
They were LB’s.

"Drinking the Kool Aid" is a standard phrase on this board. Shall we no longer use it?

"Drinking the Kool Aid" is a standard phrase on this board. Shall we no longer use it?
Do you think that is the part that he took issue with?

Where did you think that phrase came from? You're always referencing Jim Jones when you use it.

I mean recruiting rankings matter because your offensive line goes from good to terrible so quickly. How bad must the guys they don’t play there or WR be. Not to mention the WRs who were serviceable in 2018 somehow got drastically worse behind Trish. It’s a team sport and a next guy up thing unless that next guy is low ranked recruit who showed up worse than expected.

But we can’t pay too much attention to this. I think northeast kids going forward will be under ranked in the rankings and that’s where we need to find the studs and build our teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom