Is Tom Herman done at Texas? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Is Tom Herman done at Texas?

Hmmmm...Fire Dino, fire JB...can we keep Desko or does he need to go also?
Is JB gonna break his streak of 6 double digit loss seasons in a row or will he be able to continue it even in this shortened season, that would truly be an accomplishment. Some of you need to take off the orange glasses and face reality, as of today our athletics for the 2 sports that matter aren't very good. Personally as long as JB is making the tourney most years he can stay same goes for dino, win minimum of 3 OOC and go 3-5 in the ACC and he can coach here as long as his heart desires.

Is JB gonna break his streak of 6 double digit loss seasons in a row or will he be able to continue it even in this shortened season, that would truly be an accomplishment. Some of you need to take off the orange glasses and face reality, as of today our athletics for the 2 sports that matter aren't very good. Personally as long as JB is making the tourney most years he can stay same goes for dino, win minimum of 3 OOC and go 3-5 in the ACC and he can coach here as long as his heart desires.

So, coming off of our largest winning margin in our ACC history & program record # of 3 point shots hit, you're posting sh"t about JB having double-digit losing seasons?

The #narrative is strong with this one. :rolleyes:

Dude - switch to decaf.

An alternate explanation to your orange glasses theory is that some of us don't think about the world in terms of absolutes or ultimatums such as the coach needs to win X games next year no matter what or he needs to be fired.

Instead, we view the world through the lens of context and make judgments based upon the circumstances at the time, as we understand them to be.

I am perfectly happy with the state of the hoops program given the double whammy of NCAA penalties and Hop's departure. It looks like the program is coming back into its own. And good luck finding a better coach than JB. You are going to need it.

For the football program, the jury is still out. DB has shown that, when he has the pieces in place, he can not only win, but win big. The question is whether he will be able to put enough pieces in place to consistently get us to a bowl game. And, if he cannot, how much of that is him and how much of that is the program limitations?

So, feel free to live in your world of absolutes and ultimatums. I consider that to be a provincial, myopic view of the world.

I, on the other hand, will retain my "orange-colored" glasses, as you like to call them.

And we can agree to simply disagree.

An alternate explanation to your orange glasses theory is that some of us don't think about the world in terms of absolutes or ultimatums such as the coach needs to win X games next year no matter what or he needs to be fired.

Instead, we view the world through the lens of context and make judgments based upon the circumstances at the time, as we understand them to be.

I am perfectly happy with the state of the hoops program given the double whammy of NCAA penalties and Hop's departure. It looks like the program is coming back into its own. And good luck finding a better coach than JB. You are going to need it.

For the football program, the jury is still out. DB has shown that, when he has the pieces in place, he can not only win, but win big. The question is whether he will be able to put enough pieces in place to consistently get us to a bowl game. And, if he cannot, how much of that is him and how much of that is the program limitations?

So, feel free to live in your world of absolutes and ultimatums. I consider that to be a provincial, myopic view of the world.

I, on the other hand, will retain my "orange-colored" glasses, as you like to call them.

And we can agree to simply disagree.
The only context that matters, NO EXECUSES!