Is Tom Herman done at Texas? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Is Tom Herman done at Texas?

Worked in the 90s too.

But yeah, they can keep banging their head off a brick wall. What do I care.
It did, ok its not the 90's either lol, You can't run the wishbone or the option in 2020 in a conference like the Big Ten.

Worked in the 90s too.

But yeah, they can keep banging their head off a brick wall. What do I care.

Worth a shot. This Scott Frost deal will be funny to watch is he has 3-4 losing seasons in a row. Obviously he will most likely get a pass this year

It did, ok its not the 90's either lol, You can't run the wishbone or the option in 2020 in a conference like the Big Ten.

You get the right players you can do anything.

You get the right players you can do anything.
Nebraska had great defenses in the Osborne days also, you can run those kind of offenses in the 90s against the Kansas' and Iowa sts. Its going to be tough today against all those Big ten Teams with much better athletes.

If he can't turn it around, where do you go?

They are an interesting case study. No fanbase is as passionate. But the recruiting doesn't align.

I have absolutely no idea. I mean Frost was fantastic at UCF but so is his successor. The Chip Kelly tree has taken a beating the past few years. Is it me or does their QB play always stink? Like I said maybe just me.

If they were smart they would give Frost at least 5 years, IMO.

They will hire Bill O'Brian type and continue to suck. Pay the navy Coach?

Last edited:
Nebraska had great defenses in the Osborne days also, you can run those kind of offenses in the 90s against the Kansas' and Iowa sts. Its going to be tough today against all those Big ten Teams with much better athletes.

It's designed to be productive versus teams that have better talent, that's the whole point.

I have absolutely no idea. I mean Frost was fantastic at UCF but so is his successor. The Chip Kelly tree has taken a beating the past few years. Is it me or does their QB play always stink? Like I said maybe just me.

If they were smart they would give Frost at least 5 years, IMO.

They will hire Bill O'Brian type and continue to suck. Pay the navy Coach?

I think after the Bill Callahan fiasco, no NFL guys need apply.

Their best bet is to just stick it out with Frost.

I would love to see what happen if they tried to hire Ken N. or Monken.

I think after the Bill Callahan fiasco, no NFL guys need apply.

Their best bet is to just stick it out with Frost.

I would love to see what happen if they tried to hire Ken N. or Monken.

Yeah me too. Pelini did pretty well there but he was obviously too much to handle off the field. Either go Ken N or Pelini type but 80% less arsehole. what weird about Pelini is he was really mediocre at Youngstown St before he took the LSU DC job

Yeah me too. Pelini did pretty well there but he was obviously too much to handle off the field. Either go Ken N or Pelini type but 80% less arsehole. what weird about Pelini is he was really mediocre at Youngstown St before he took the LSU DC job
So did solich he got fired after a 9 win season.

If Army can move the ball against Mich with an underized oline anyone can do it. Neb hung last week for 2/3 of the game but that QB just makes too many mistakes

If Army can move the ball against Mich with an underized oline anyone can do it. Neb hung last week for 2/3 of the game but that QB just makes too many mistakes

yeah tough way to open the season maybe Frost will get them moving in right direction this year and next

Who are they even going to get, urban isn't doing it, kyle shannahan isn't leaving the 49ers for texas lol, those are the two dream candidates for them, herman will get an nfl OC job or just about any CFB HC job he wants plus the nice 15M buyout
Saban

(I’m joking, but I’m pretty sure they don’t think I’m joking.)

Great 'white whale' reference.

Yeah, but you always leave that greener pasture a hell of a lot richer than when you entered. And when you leave that second pasture? There's gonna be a third pasture with a ton of potential.

If you believe you are a great coach, you know in the modern game you cannot win a National Championship at a Louisville or Houston. And if you are a great coach (or believe you are a great coach) you know that UT has national championship potential. Even if you fail at UT, you know that you'll come out of it with more money and just as many opportunities as when you came.

That's why Charlie strong went from one of the best non-P5 jobs, to UT, to one of the best non-P5 jobs. And you can guarantee Tom Herman has enough clout in the game to get an equivalent job to UH if it doesn't work out in UT. The biggest difference is his kids' trust funds will be seven digits deeper because he took a shot at a white whale.

Dino is lucky he ended up at Syracuse, most power 5 schools
Wouldn’t put up with 4 losing seasons in 5 years.

Yeah, weirdly some see that as a negative. I think it’s a sign out AD knows how hard it is to win here, see’s the top 25 wins in year one and two and the 10 win season and thinks it’s not worth starting fresh again.

It says we have an adult in charge. That’s good.

Yeah, weirdly some see that as a negative. I think it’s a sign out AD knows how hard it is to win here, see’s the top 25 wins in year one and two and the 10 win season and thinks it’s not worth starting fresh again.

It says we have an adult in charge. That’s good.
I see it as a negative in a results driven business.

I see it as a negative in a results driven business.

I’m thankful you’re far from the decision maker in this case. Evaluation that looks at W/L solely leads to long term failure and constant upheaval. The process Wildhack has used to evaluate is the right one.

I’m thankful you’re far from the decision maker in this case. Evaluation that looks at W/L solely leads to long term failure and constant upheaval. The process Wildhack has used to evaluate is the right one.
Well I am far from the decision maker that part is true, but I am someone who strives for success, hates mediocrity or failing, expects people to do their job to the best of of their ability, and if they fail accept the consequences especially when they are the highest paid individual in a University system ... you must be the other guy.

Well I am far from the decision maker that part is true, but I am someone who strives for success, hates mediocrity or failing, expects people to do their job to the best of of their ability, and if they fail accept the consequences especially when they are the highest paid individual in a University system ... you must be the other guy.
Hmmmm...Fire Dino, fire JB...can we keep Desko or does he need to go also?

Sometimes you got to start at the bottom, learn from your failures, fight through mediocrity. Some might call that striving for success.

Maybe you’ve lost hope that he can do it. That’s a fine opinion. There’s enough ammo to make that case. But you cannot judge a HC performance on w/l with no context. You have to see the whole picture and evaluate *that*