Class of 2014 - Isaah Whitehead needs your help | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaah Whitehead needs your help

I agree about too many guys at one position my point was that Whitehead can play 3 spots.

I have a question. The year after next year, when Whitehead would be coming if he were to commit, we would have Ennis, Cooney, MG and Patterson at guards. Where will Whitehead fit in? He is talented and I would love to have him on SU, but I don't see any of those guys leaving early, and if we were add a guard, it would have to be a combo guard, no? Whitehead seems like a power shooting guard. Does he have the ability to back up the point for 5-10 minutes a game?

Here's where he'd fit in.

Starters
Ennis
Whitehead

Bench
Everybody else.

MG would probably start at the 3.

Not directed to you OFog but we can't worry about where everybody is going fit. Let the players sort it out as the cream rises to the top. When UNC/Duke were annually making FF's and bringing in 3 and 4 McD's every year do people think they were worried about where everybody was going to fit? Hell no.

Here's where he'd fit in.

Starters
Ennis
Whitehead

Bench
Everybody else.

MG would probably start at the 3.

Not directed to you OFog but we can't worry about where everybody is going fit. Let the players sort it out as the cream rises to the top. When UNC/Duke were annually making FF's and bringing in 3 and 4 McD's every year do people think they were worried about where everybody was going to fit? Hell no.
I agree whole heartedly, my point was that the Inn is getting full and I just don't want to stockpile shooting guards and not have someone to back up the point guard. I can just imagine all these great athletes at all positions not being able to do a darn thing because none of them know how to set anyone else up. A few have noted that Whitehead has shown the ability to distribute, so I am not so worried about bringing him in, I am all for it.

Cooney is a future pro, IMO.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

If he was 3 inches taller, he'd have a much better chance. He'll have to develop a PG's handle to make it.

Just what I was hoping to avoid...political nonsense in SU sports threads.

This one was doomed from the subject and on.
To be honest the only reason I started the thread was the fact that he made mention of SU fans. I think it's a good sign no matter where you politically stand.

If MG is starting at the 3, I'd be slightly concerned with our frontcourt situation. That's a much smaller wing than we're accustomed to.

If MG is starting at the 3, I'd be slightly concerned with our frontcourt situation. That's a much smaller wing than we're accustomed to.
Its Kris Joseph. 6'7"

I'm not sure he's literally that tall, though he's listed at 6'7". Sure doesn't look it.

I say, re-load. I doubt JB, or Whitehead, is concerned that he'll get PT here, especially playing next to Ennis. You never know. MCW may jump (they always go before we think they're ready). And Rak may jump, and if he has a big year, even DC may jump. How the staff plans recruiting from year to year is pretty amazing, but the players they're recruiting and getting is a big clue about what they think will happen.

I prefer people who had to work their way up as opposed to silver spoon kids to run our country.

Not sure if this is serious. What Romney did at Bain Capital is nothing short of incredible. The man came from money. Sure. But he also parlayed his wealth into his own company. God forbid he knows how to run a damn business, which is what we need in the white house. Someone who will run our economy like a business.

Do not hate success.

I will leave you with this FANTASTIC and POWERFUL ad from Thomas Peterffy.

:0) Okey dokey. Mr. Whiitehead put up or (you know the rest). Let's see ... Indiana = Romney (nope... no help there). Kentucky = Romney (nope... no help there). New York = overwhelmingly Obama!!! (Yuppers). So the commit letter is in the mail I assume.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom