Class of 2014 - Isaah Whitehead needs your help | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaah Whitehead needs your help

I'll root for him in Orange... but I'll trust my own views on our unsustainable Debt to GDP ratio over a HS kid.

Obama is going to win, and the economy will turnaround. 4 years from now we will have a fresh slate of candidates from both party's.

I would take an Obama loss over a NC. Family and Country first.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
I prefer people who had to work their way up as opposed to silver spoon kids to run our country.

I say that if Obama wins New York he is obligated to commit.

:rolleyes:

I have a question. The year after next year, when Whitehead would be coming if he were to commit, we would have Ennis, Cooney, MG and Patterson at guards. Where will Whitehead fit in? He is talented and I would love to have him on SU, but I don't see any of those guys leaving early, and if we were add a guard, it would have to be a combo guard, no? Whitehead seems like a power shooting guard. Does he have the ability to back up the point for 5-10 minutes a game?

I have a question. The year after next year, when Whitehead would be coming if he were to commit, we would have Ennis, Cooney, MG and Patterson at guards. Where will Whitehead fit in? He is talented and I would love to have him on SU, but I don't see any of those guys leaving early, and if we were add a guard, it would have to be a combo guard, no? Whitehead seems like a power shooting guard. Does he have the ability to back up the point for 5-10 minutes a game?
Gbinije can play SF.

I realize that, but we are kind of loaded there as well and that would not solve the back-up point guard problem.
It'd be a good problem to have. If we land Whitehead he has the ability to bring the ball up.

I think whitehead would be over recruiting Patterson and Cooney, those guys get spot minutes as sharp shooters. Also whitehead can play some point.

It'd be a good problem to have. If we land Whitehead he has the ability to bring the ball up.
I was hoping for more than someone that can bring the ball up, we need a secondary facilitator of the offense. I would hate to think that we have stretches where there is nobody to run the team in half court sets. And, we would be an injury to Ennis away from having no point guard, doesn't that scare anyone else?

I was hoping for more than someone that can bring the ball up, we need a secondary facilitator of the offense. I would hate to think that we have stretches where there is nobody to run the team in half court sets. And, we would be an injury to Ennis away from having no point guard, doesn't that scare anyone else?
Whitehead just played in a showcase game NY vs. Philly w McCullough and had 10 pts and 10 assists.

Whitehead just played in a showcase game NY vs. Philly w McCullough and had 10 pts and 10 assists.
That is good to know, sounds like he can play the point if necessary.

Whitehead is a player. Kid has a good handle, nice stroke and size to play any of the wing positions. Coney, Patterson, and MG haven't done anything yet. I am not worried about how much time they get. These things always seem to work out in the end. Always take as many talented players as possible and see what happens.

I think whitehead would be over recruiting Patterson and Cooney, those guys get spot minutes as sharp shooters. Also whitehead can play some point.
Cooney is a future pro, IMO.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Whitehead is a player. Kid has a good handle, nice stroke and size to play any of the wing positions. Coney, Patterson, and MG haven't done anything yet. I am not worried about how much time they get. These things always seem to work out in the end. Always take as many talented players as possible and see what happens.
I agree with the concept of taking as many talented players as possible, provided they fill out all the positions and needs of a team. Our defense allows for multitalented forwards without regard to their specific position (small forward, power forward), but one important requirement for any successful team is point guard play. We have a true point in Ennis and it sounds like Whitehead can take over lead guard duties when asked, so it looks like we would be all set if he were to commit. If he were strictly a shooting guard, I would be a bit worried about having too many talented players in one position while ignoring a need at point guard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom