Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop)
5/21/12 10:02 PM
Florida has offered Isaiah Briscoe, a 2015 PG from the New Jersey Playaz. UConn offered on Friday.

leaning towards Cuse, could make decision this summer

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/05/13/briscoe-leaning-towards-syracuse/

this article really makes it seem like him and Ennis want to go the same place
That is another thought ,too good to be true or a real possibility in happening. Lets get one here and then worry about the other. This kind of news should spur MCW to get himseslf ready to take over the position in a big way this coming season.

He mentioned he wants a school with nice weather.:eek:

I know it's when Dion committed, but Sometimes I think it's had to extrapolate a rising Sophmore, because of kids developing late and such.

Disclaimer: I have not seen Briscoe County Jr play, and I know our staff knows how to eval talent.

I know it's when Dion committed, but Sometimes I think it's had to extrapolate a rising Sophmore, because of kids developing late and such.

Disclaimer: I have not seen Briscoe County Jr play, and I know our staff knows how to eval talent.
I kind of disagree, I really like it when the staff gets an early commit.

They seem to have a good eye and are good evaluators of potential. It can impress the kid. And then after the commit they can help him develop. MCW comes to mind. I think they had it right with Tyler and wanted him but just couldn't quite close the deal early. Also when it goes late, it seems like the odds drop for SU.

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
by ReggieRankin

Isaiah Briscoe of St. Ben's was named Top 5 at the Nike Elite 100 in St. Louis and may earn an invite to the LeBron James Academy next month

AdamZagoria Adam Zagoria
by ReggieRankin

Isaiah Briscoe of St. Ben's was named Top 5 at the Nike Elite 100 in St. Louis and may earn an invite to the LeBron James Academy next month

the kid will be a good one. he got bumped up to the senior level during the recent AAU EYBL and started about half the games (though he played much better during the games he came off the bench). i just hope SU hasn't peaked on his recruitment. the past few guys that boeheim has gone after early, when they were 14-16 years old, ended up at kentucky (davis, noel, and probably towns).

briscoe also recently made a point to tell people that he hasn't committed to SU and that SU isn't the frontrunner. i guess you can't blame him for not wanting other programs to back off, thinking that he's already signed on at a school.

JUST COMMIT

the kid is much too far away from college to commit now. by senior year he'll have an offer from every heavyweight school in the country.

i didn't realize how big physically he was. he reminds me of a mini paul pierce. scary that a freshman in hs can be so powerful.

Eh...when I think of rising Sophmores "blowing up" I think of Paul Harris.

briscoe is a basketball player with a football player's girth.
harris was a football player without a basketball player's finesse.

Yeah...I don't even know if I'm being reasonable. I admit I've never seen him play, and basketball IQ and finesse can be translated better to higher levels of play vs just dominating with strength a la Harris.

I was concerned about Dion Waiters for similar reasons (committed btwn fresh/soph year) and I was certainly proven wrong.

briscoe is a basketball player with a football player's girth.
harris was a football player without a basketball player's finesse.
Except Harris didn't play football so not sure how that makes sense.

Except Harris didn't play football so not sure how that makes sense.

I took it to mean that Harris was a freak who could just dominate physically. Not a lot going for him in the "basketball IQ" dept.

Speaking of Paul Harris I to this day don't get the Paul Harris/Carmelo/Bill Brasky type stuff. Wouldn't it be obvious to someone watching a HS game of his that he was just dominating smaller, weaker compettion?

Plus the thing I had a huge issue with, a 2 guard with no outside shot, who supposedly excelled at M2M defense, coming in and just dominating at Syracuse off the bat.

And before anyone points out that the Harris/Brasky stuff was hyperbole, it was definitely a by product of serious expectations of the guy.

Speaking of Paul Harris I to this day don't get the Paul Harris/Carmelo/Bill Brasky type stuff. Wouldn't it be obvious to someone watching a HS game of his that he was just dominating smaller, weaker compettion?

Plus the thing I had a huge issue with, a 2 guard with no outside shot, who supposedly excelled at M2M defense, coming in and just dominating at Syracuse off the bat.

And before anyone points out that the Harris/Brasky stuff was hyperbole, it was definitely a by product of serious expectations of the guy.

kids will always be overvalued on the high school level. most rankings take potential into consideration, even more so than the player's actual current ability. i think harris had the athleticism to be good. he just didn't want to.

he grew up too fast. had a baby i think by the time he was 17.

but briscoe is definitely no bust like paul harris. SU just got lucky that his sister happens to play on the women's team. he not just some kid that boeheim has attached himself to because the kid attended his summer camps. briscoe will be a McD's, jordan brand classic, and nike hoops summit selection.

That Bill Brasky is a son of a bitch.

kids will always be overvalued on the high school level. most rankings take potential into consideration, even more so than the player's actual current ability. i think harris had the athleticism to be good. he just didn't want to.

he grew up too fast. had a baby i think by the time he was 17.

but briscoe is definitely no bust like paul harris. SU just got lucky that his sister happens to play on the women's team. he not just some kid that boeheim has attached himself to because the kid attended his summer camps. briscoe will be a McD's, jordan brand classic, and nike hoops summit selection.

I'm sure Paul Harris didn't want to be good. That makes a ton of sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom