Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

What does the "circus" have to do with the chances of Briscoe choosing SU? I think the main thing keeping him away was the road block that Ennis was to him at PG. No offense to Joseph but if Briscoe were to look at SU's roster today he would see no PG's in the way of his playing time in 2015. 5 star PG's do not avoid schools just because a 3 star freshman may be in the class ahead of him. If Briscoe ends up a one and done we'd still have 2 more years of Joseph plus whatever other PG we bring in.
As we've done in the past, we don't go after kids that try to turn their recruiting process into a spectacle. The ship has sailed, and Briscoe's not gonna be on it.

As we've done in the past, we don't go after kids that try to turn their recruiting process into a spectacle. The ship has sailed, and Briscoe's not gonna be on it.
Not sure I agree with you. I don't think SU backed off of Julius Hodge, Tobias Harris or Nerlens Noel who are the only 3 that fit that I can think of right now. We didn't get them but that doesn't mean SU didn't want them up until the end. I think maybe we as fans thought "Oh we don't want that guy because its a spectacle" which made us feel bwetter when we didn't get them but that doesn't mean SU wouldn't have taken them with open arms. As far as I know SU has not rescinded the scholarship offer from Briscoe which they would do if they really didn't want him anymore.

Not sure I agree with you. I don't think SU backed off of Julius Hodge, Tobias Harris or Nerlens Noel who are the only 3 that fit that I can think of right now. We didn't get them but that doesn't mean SU didn't want them up until the end. I think maybe we as fans thought "Oh we don't want that guy because its a spectacle" which made us feel bwetter when we didn't get them but that doesn't mean SU wouldn't have taken them with open arms. As far as I know SU has not rescinded the scholarship offer from Briscoe which they would do if they really didn't want him anymore.
Doron Lamb, Tony Wroten, Isaiah Whitehead, and that's off the top of my head. We don't publicly rescind offers so there's no way of knowing but we clearly have backed off and stopped recruiting him.

He was 100% coming to Syracuse back when he was a freshman/sophomore and then everything went to hell because of certain people around him giving him advice. Other schools stopped recruiting him because it was a foregone conclusion he was coming here.

Not sure I agree with you. I don't think SU backed off of Julius Hodge

Hodge backed off of SU because of two factors:

upload_2014-4-25_15-45-10.jpeg

upload_2014-4-25_15-45-27.jpeg

We know it won't happen, but we would own Jersey;

View attachment 14275

This is funny because the Briscoe camp is who is keeping Briscoe from SU. Its probably too late even if he wanted to come to SU now although I believe we offered him when he was 15 and were one of the first major schools to do so. He'll end up like Whitehead at some lesser east coast school. We also landed Ennis and Roberson out of Jersey last year and I believe they were the top two players.

This is funny because the Briscoe camp is who is keeping Briscoe from SU. Its probably too late even if he wanted to come to SU now although I believe we offered him when he was 15 and were one of the first major schools to do so. He'll end up like Whitehead at some lesser east coast school. We also landed Ennis and Roberson out of Jersey last year and I believe they were the top two players.
Louisville, Yukon, SJU, and Rutgers seems to be the main schools with the most buzz around him at the moment. I really have no clue where this kid will end up at. Few years ago it seemed definitely SU, then last year Zona, and now I don't think he or his dad really have a good idea what they want to do.

Louisville, Yukon, SJU, and Rutgers seems to be the main schools with the most buzz around him at the moment. I really have no clue where this kid will end up at. Few years ago it seemed definitely SU, then last year Zona, and now I don't think he or his dad really have a good idea what they want to do.
From what I heard from some local sources is that his father has a list of demands that a coach will have to meet which include that Briscoe will only play PG and never SG and he must start or play major minutes as a freshman in an up tempo system. If that is true, I can see why the staff backed off on him. Maybe that would have worked out for him at SU but JB would never promise it to anyone. Somebody will. Wouldn't surprise me if he waits until Spring to sign so he can judge who is leaving a program and better determine where he can play immediately. Rick seems very hot for him at Ville at the moment even though he does have 2 PGs on his current roster who are unlikely to leave after this season...maybe one moves over to SG next year.

Hey jordoo! Good to see you bro.

From what I heard from some local sources is that his father has a list of demands that a coach will have to meet which include that Briscoe will only play PG and never SG and he must start or play major minutes as a freshman in an up tempo system. If that is true, I can see why the staff backed off on him. Maybe that would have worked out for him at SU but JB would never promise it to anyone. Somebody will. Wouldn't surprise me if he waits until Spring to sign so he can judge who is leaving a program and better determine where he can play immediately. Rick seems very hot for him at Ville at the moment even though he does have 2 PGs on his current roster who are unlikely to leave after this season...maybe one moves over to SG next year.
I'm sure there is some truth to that. The staff just stopped recruiting this kid all together at the start of last summer. Obviously something had to have happened that turned JB and the rest of the staff off.

tee1222: 1058935 said:
Hey jordoo! Good to see you bro.

Hey bro, Hope all is well on the home front my man!

That's funny, I have a feeling he'll end up at Hall and you didn't even mention them. Kid seems like a mess regardless of where he goes.

That's funny, I have a feeling he'll end up at Hall and you didn't even mention them. Kid seems like a mess regardless of where he goes.
I feel sorry for the kid. His father is apparently the one who is screwing him up.

Making demands and expecting things to get handed to you seems like a good lesson to pass down to your son.

I am sure his dad has his best interest in mind. He probably just wants a situation where his son has the best shot to succeed. In order to accomplish that, he is looking for a situation with as few obstacles as possible. I am not sure if that is his rationale, but that is what it appears to me. I don't know how I would guide my son if he were to have so many great opportunities. I would like to think think that I would let him make the choice, provided it was made with significant information on the schools involved and proper thought. Schools like Syracuse or Arizona are going to have other guards on the roster. It isn't often that a Tyler Ennis situation comes along where the kid is plugged in and plays a ton right away. It is even less often that the kid put in that situation succeeds as well as Tyler did. Isaiah seems like a good kid, I wish him well wherever he ends up.

It's unfortunate since is seems if Briscoe had made a decision to cultivate HIS relationship with SU he well could have committed to Syracuse by now and then focused on his own personal development and his game. He would have ended up stepping onto the SU Campus as the starting PG with massive exposure/ love/ and a clear pathway to being selected high in the Draft when he became ready to make his decision.

There is an abundance of evidence now that SU is a fantastic place for a PG or SG to demonstrate his talent, compete at the highest levels of College Basketball and be the focus of 34,000 rabid fans in the Dome and millions of SU fans around the world and then, if the talent is there, be recognized and projected as a lottery pick in the NBA draft.

But, now it will be interesting to see where he ends up because SU seems out of the question.

It's unfortunate since is seems if Briscoe had made a decision to cultivate HIS relationship with SU he well could have committed to Syracuse by now and then focused on his own personal development and his game. He would have ended up stepping onto the SU Campus as the starting PG with massive exposure/ love/ and a clear pathway to being selected high in the Draft when he became ready to make his decision.

There is an abundance of evidence now that SU is a fantastic place for a PG or SG to demonstrate his talent, compete at the highest levels of College Basketball and be the focus of 34,000 rabid fans in the Dome and millions of SU fans around the world and then, if the talent is there, be recognized and projected as a lottery pick in the NBA draft.

But, now it will be interesting to see where he ends up because SU seems out of the question.
Some kids don't do so well in big settings.

Some kids don't do so well in big settings.
That's a really insightful point. I have to say I hadn't thought of that. All things considered and with so much on the line with these kids it's easy as a fan to lose sight of how difficult it can be for the kid making the decision.

Here's the thing, if your good enough they will find you. Not so sure what his dad is so scared about. If he's good enough to go to the NBA why would you guide him to a smaller school with less compition. Competition is what makes players better. Being complacent won't make him a better player, and I really think the competition at syracuse could push him to the next level. Maybe I got dem orange colored glasses on but not concerned about losing out on him. Next man up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom