Class of 2015 - Isaiah Briscoe | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Isaiah Briscoe

Would rather take Battle or Murray in 2016, lets be honest if his Dad's gonna try to make demands from us, we don't need the distraction. We've had too many in the last 5 years...Fab, Southerland, Grant.

Why would you list Grant as a distraction? Other than injuring his back and missing some games he was a reliable contributor to the team and program. Labeling him as a distraction is less than fair.

Why would you list Grant as a distraction? Other than injuring his back and missing some games he was a reliable contributor to the team and program. Labeling him as a distraction is less than fair.
Just saying him missing the first game due to academics, I loved Grant, best bouncer since Hak.

Just saying him missing the first game due to academics, I loved Grant, best bouncer since Hak.

As I recall, it wasn't due to academics. He played in an unsanctioned summer league game. Jeremi was a great kid from everything I have read.

He didn't miss that game due to academics, he missed it because the NCAA has a dumb rule as usual that you can only play in one summer league during the off season and he had played in two. Shame on him for playing b-ball I guess. Those clowns even suspended a player before last season for the whole year initially for playing in a church league lol. Anyway Back to Grant. Trust me he was far from a distraction and was well liked by his teammates and coaches.

He didn't miss that game due to academics, he missed it because the NCAA has a dumb rule as usual that you can only play in one summer league during the off season and he had played in two. Shame on him for playing b-ball I guess. Those clowns even suspended a player before last season for the whole year initially for playing in a church league lol. Anyway Back to Grant. Trust me he was far from a distraction and was well liked by his teammates and coaches.

Thank you! I knew it had something to do with some stupid summer league rule. But I remember it was hardly something that would cause you look badly upon Jeremi.

Thank you! I knew it had something to do with some stupid summer league rule. But I remember it was hardly something that would cause you look badly upon Jeremi.

Yeah i wasn't directing any hate towards Jerami, just distraction in general. We've seem to have a lot of them in the past 5 years, especially with the Bernie Fine investigation

Here's the thing, if your good enough they will find you. Not so sure what his dad is so scared about. If he's good enough to go to the NBA why would you guide him to a smaller school with less compition. Competition is what makes players better. Being complacent won't make him a better player, and I really think the competition at syracuse could push him to the next level. Maybe I got dem orange colored glasses on but not concerned about losing out on him. Next man up

It's funny that you would never hear anything close to this on the football side.

Yeah i wasn't directing any hate towards Jerami, just distraction in general. We've seem to have a lot of them in the past 5 years, especially with the Bernie Fine investigation
We have had a lot distractions indeed, but Jerami should never be considered one of them for missing one game against Cornell because of a dumb summer league rule.

It's funny that you would never hear anything close to this on the football side.
Completely agree and have said that it is very contradictory for us to say one thing on one board and another on the other board. But I can also see the argument that in football it is easy to get lost in the shuffle with over 100 players on the team. Also, besides Rb, dline, and wr there arnt many substitutions during the game. Much easier to find playing time for basketball players.

Isaiah Briscoe has trimmed his list to seven schools and is targeting a fall decision, as first reported by SNY.tv.

George Briscoe said his son, a 6-foot-3 combo guard from Roselle (N.J.) Catholic and the Playaz Basketball Club, is now considering UConn, Villanova, Louisville, Arizona, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Rutgers.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/briscoe-cuts-to-seven-targets-fall-decision/

Isaiah Briscoe has trimmed his list to seven schools and is targeting a fall decision, as first reported by SNY.tv.

George Briscoe said his son, a 6-foot-3 combo guard from Roselle (N.J.) Catholic and the Playaz Basketball Club, is now considering UConn, Villanova, Louisville, Arizona, St. John’s, Seton Hall and Rutgers.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/briscoe-cuts-to-seven-targets-fall-decision/
I heard rumor he's going to trim his list. To 6. From 7.

"The wait is over. The decision has been made and announced. Isaiah Briscoe is going bluegrass.

The five-star Roselle Catholic point guard announced on ESPNU on Thursday that he had picked Kentucky over St. John's and UConn."

http://highschoolsports.nj.com/news...catholics-isaiah-briscoe-commits-to-kentucky/

Funny to see the Briscoe thread on like page 2 of Recruiting Board, goes to show you how much has changed with his recruitment. Also funny to see is the first post, which says SU is the leader & we may even get a commitment in the summer...back in 2012 haha. My how things can change in recruiting sometimes. Def don't mind how it all turned out for SU, though.

It's Kentucky, along with Skal Labissiere

Jeff Goodman@GoodmanESPN
Isaiah Briscoe commits to Kentucky. Arguably the best point guard in the class. Tough, tough kid.
After his visit last weekend to STJ with the over the top comments about how much he loved the place, the coach, playing in MSG, yadda yadda. What a tool. Paypal Cal again. Not really surprised though. Cal's budget must be bigger than ever.

After his visit last weekend to STJ with the over the top comments about how much he loved the place, the coach, playing in MSG, yadda yadda. What a tool. Paypal Cal again. Not really surprised though. Cal's budget must be bigger than ever.

Interesting though, I read he is not signing is LOI. Gonna sign in the spring though.

Leave open the Possibility of overseas for a year ?

I thought Briscoe's father was concerned about Isaiah being the focus of the offense.

Who knows if these players are still there next year but can't see the rea$oning over SJU.

2015-2016
Point Guards:
Andrew Harrison- junior
Tyler Ulis - sophomore
Isaiah Briscoe- freshman

Shooting Guards:
Aaron Harrison- junior
Dominique Hawkins- junior
Devin Booker- sophomore
Charles Matthews- freshman

Others Guards still in the mix
Malik Newman- freshman
Antonio Blakeney- freshman

Maybe he will jump overseas and this is his way to gain even more publicity over the next few months.

I thought Briscoe's father was concerned about Isaiah being the focus of the offense.

Who knows if these players are still there next year but can't see the rea$oning over SJU.

2015-2016
Point Guards:
Andrew Harrison- junior
Tyler Ulis - sophomore
Isaiah Briscoe- freshman

Shooting Guards:
Aaron Harrison- junior
Devin Booker- sophomore

Malik Newman- freshman

Maybe he will jump overseas and this is his way to gain even more publicity over the next few months.
Yeah, exactly. Focal point at Kentucky!

2015-2016
Point Guards:
Andrew Harrison- junior
Tyler Ulis - sophomore
Isaiah Briscoe- freshman

Shooting Guards:
Aaron Harrison- junior
Devin Booker- sophomore

Malik Newman- freshman

The Twins won't be around and Ulis is the only ball handler that will return.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom