Isaiah Jones not fine | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Isaiah Jones not fine

I suspect HCDB’s odd approach to injuries is a result of being so completely shell shocked from several years of an insanely high number of injuries to key players for extended periods of time. Yes, I know other teams have injuries too. But just looking at SU, under HCDB we have had more bad luck injuries than I can ever remember at a time following SU. Last year was indescribable. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed this year. But maybe someone needs to sacrifice a chicken or something.

poor kid can’t make it past game 3 of the season. any other year i would say losing 2 of our top 3 receiving threats would be detrimental, but if this was a season we can absorb a couple injuries it looks like this is the year. Still it would have been nice having your all-american TE/WR, Jones and Wohlabaugh for at least part of the season. It does look like we have a glowing weakness at TE. There is nobody behind OG and i didn’t think it was possible but it only looks like we have 1 RB. We might need Marlowe to go ironman god forbid anything happen to LeQuint.

I had a lengthy post during preseason camp breaking down each positional unit, and commenting on the depth / quality.

We've sustained big injuries at OL and WR. Fortunately, we have the depth to get by at both, but we're hitting the danger zone.

I suspect HCDB’s odd approach to injuries is a result of being so completely shell shocked from several years of an insanely high number of injuries to key players for extended periods of time. Yes, I know other teams have injuries too. But just looking at SU, under HCDB we have had more bad luck injuries than I can ever remember at a time following SU. Last year was indescribable. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed this year. But maybe someone needs to sacrifice a chicken or something.
You should look at Maryland and Arizona State the last half decade or so.

You should look at Maryland and Arizona State the last half decade or so.
I’m sure that anecdotally you’re right. I’m just comparing to decades of Syracuse football.

I’d be surprised if SU has not been in the top 10 percentile of injuries for the last 20 years.

lots of teams have tons of injuries.. Some have much better depth.

Clemson may have lost 2 yesterday.

Ive not heard anything additional about Jones but I will say he’s one of the nicest, genuinely good hearted and sharp kids I’ve been able to speak with. I wish him nothing but success. He’ll be a success wherever life takes him.

Easiest Orange to root for.

People are taking this personally and it ain’t personal.
Dino is here to win football games. If he thinks deceiving an opponent about an injury will help us win then I have zero issue with that tactic.
I’m more frustrated to see Jones go down with another long term injury. Don’t take your frustration on injuries out on coach. He’s just trying to use every tool he has to win.

Babers clarified that SU wide receiver Isaiah Jones did suffer a lower-body injury against Purdue. He didn’t give any more details.

If he reveals the specific body part, he's afraid that teams will target him in the future.

Babers clarified that SU wide receiver Isaiah Jones did suffer a lower-body injury against Purdue. He didn’t give any more details.

If he reveals the specific body part, he's afraid that teams will target him in the future.
Glad it is not an injury to his repaired shoulder. Hopefully he will be well enough to get back on the field soon.

Dino is here to win football games. If he thinks deceiving an opponent about an injury will help us win then I have zero issue with that tactic.
I’m more frustrated to see Jones go down with another long term injury. Don’t take your frustration on injuries out on coach. He’s just trying to use every tool he has to win.
^^^ This

I've said I'm on board with the lying. I just pointed out that Baber's used to dance around it. Now he's just flat out lying. Nothing wrong with it. Just new for Dino

I have a feeling Jones may play. Emily during her podcast with Axe was saying that Jones was warming up pregame for Army. She said he seemed to be going through the normal motions minus he was wearing sneakers. Dino said in his presser today he did not want to give specifics so the opponent can’t target the area. If he plans on waiting to be fully healthy and past the injury prior to returning, that comment doesn’t make sense.

Who is out for Clemson? I heard they got banged up against FSU
Wiggins, one of if not their best corners. They are down an offensive lineman too. Their young WR Brown was down against FSU and came back. The winning TD for FSU in OT came against Wiggins backup.

I have a feeling Jones may play. Emily during her podcast with Axe was saying that Jones was warming up pregame for Army. She said he seemed to be going through the normal motions minus he was wearing sneakers. Dino said in his presser today he did not want to give specifics so the opponent can’t target the area. If he plans on waiting to be fully healthy and past the injury prior to returning, that comment doesn’t make sense.
He dressed?

He dressed?
No, he did the preliminary warmup with the team according to Emily. He did not dress. Seems to me that if he was going to warm up though that he can’t be too far off. I’m not ruling anything out at this point. The comments from Dino about his status I’ll take with a grain of salt. I know many people on here said he appeared fine on the sideline after leaving the Purdue game.

Wonder if he has a nasty bruise someplace

I’m confused - So he may be “almost fine”?

Wiggins, one of if not their best corners. They are down an offensive lineman too. Their young WR Brown was down against FSU and came back. The winning TD for FSU in OT came against Wiggins backup.
wow, I am very curious who will go up against the backup CB, Alford looked great against a mediocre Army at best.

I’m not willing to say it was a flat out lie, and I’m not an apologist. Things develop. What might’ve been true Sunday could’ve changed by Tuesday. There could be other reasons that it was withheld too.

Regardless, Dino speaks loosely. He’s not a guy that is razor sharp from an accuracy standpoint. Never has been. Although it seems cut and dry, never know what’s going on behind closed doors.
Yours is such a fair take on this. Another possibility, with the HC being involved in every facet, maybe an assistant told him before the extent of the injury was plain.

Being that it's lower body does anyone remember from the game what it might have been? Ankle, knee ?

I had a lengthy post during preseason camp breaking down each positional unit, and commenting on the depth / quality.

We've sustained big injuries at OL and WR. Fortunately, we have the depth to get by at both, but we're hitting the danger zone.
danger zone fx GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom