Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Don't fool yourself. He is just as interested in getting paid to play basketball. That's why he came to the US to play HS basketball, to get noticed.

Ennis may well not be here when Briscoe would arrive, but Joseph puts an end to that question. Briscoe sees himself as a pg, and will only go to a school to play that position. He may have really wanted to play at SU, but the situation didn't break right for him, and he has moved on.

I think IW gets a really bad rep from most posters on here. My view is that he is nowhere near the egotist that everyone says he is. I am a big fan of Trevor & Buss, especially, but IW is far more talented than either of them at this time.

And lastly, you don't give up a talent like IW in the hopes that you get another talented player the next year. A bird in hand...
Evidently, we just don't want another guard.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Syracuse just got a pledge from point guard Kaleb Joseph, but Whitehead believes there’s still a place for him there.
“I don’t think one guard committing would change that but we’ll see when I go visit what they’re talking about,” he said.

Zach Braziller tweeted that Whitehead isn't expected to attend the elite camp. Not sure whose camp he got that from, but it's out there.
original.gif

Adam Zagoria interviewed Whitehead at Elite 24 - asked him about Kaleb's commitment impacting decision. Syracuse discussed toward end.

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?content_id=29961739

When was that interview taped?

Zagoria just went on record at 4:54 EST 8-21-13 confirming that IW has dropped SU from consideration. https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/370333128285761536
No doubt this kid has a sincere personality, and is uber talented. But his recruitment has fungus growing on it. Now the money (UCLA) is being piled up, and Crean has suddenly decided that he needs IW (lol). No matter, IW still can't figure out whether he's going east, west, north or south.

Meanwhile, the better programs are quietly satisfying their backcourt needs. Cuse included.

Zagoria just went on record at 4:54 EST 8-21-13 confirming that IW has dropped SU from consideration. https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/370333128285761536
No doubt this kid has a sincere personality, and is uber talented. But his recruitment has fungus growing on it. Now the money (UCLA) is being piled up, and Crean has suddenly decided that he needs IW (lol). No matter, IW still can't figure out whether he's going east, west, north or south.

Meanwhile, the better programs are quietly satisfying their backcourt needs. Cuse included.
That interview was taped yesterday and the Zagoria tweet was from Wednesday. The conflicting reports with this kid are quite hilarious. We're interested, we're not interested, he's visiting, he's not visiting, he likes hot dogs, no likes hamburgers.:rolling:

The tweet is from 8-21-13 and the interview was posted on SNY on 8-23-13. So there are several possibilities. 1.The interview was taped prior to 8-21 and was posted in spite of the later development. 2. The tweet was posted but was based on unreliable sources. 3. Whiteheads recruitment is being conducted in several parallel universes and information is being posted here from all of them which is leading to a great deal of confusion.

Disclosure: I'm pretty sure it's #3.
Edit: Uh, actually it could be #1... or 2 for that matter, not quite sure. Stay tuned!

That interview was taped yesterday and the Zagoria tweet was from Wednesday. The conflicting reports with this kid are quite hilarious. We're interested, we're not interested, he's visiting, he's not visiting, he likes hot dogs, no likes hamburgers.:rolling:
That's how the biz works, right? Reporting contradictions and controversies attracts more attention (and ultimately more revenue) than reporting accuracy and truth.

Will be interesting to see where he finally lands. Any bets on a name not mentioned yet? St Johns...? i kid i kid

The tweet is from 8-21-13 and the interview was posted on SNY on 8-23-13. So there are several possibilities. 1.The interview was taped prior to 8-21 and was posted in spite of the later development. 2. The tweet was posted but was based on unreliable sources. 3. Whiteheads recruitment is being conducted in several parallel universes and information is being posted here from all of them which is leading to a great deal of confusion.

Disclosure: I'm pretty sure it's #3.
Edit: Uh, actually it could be #1... or 2 for that matter, not quite sure. Stay tuned!
Yesterday was media day for the Elite 24. That video was recorded yesterday and posted today.

Will be interesting to see where he finally lands. Any bets on a name not mentioned yet? St Johns...? i kid i kid
Maybe he thinks he can go to 5 schools at once.
And boy are his arms tired.
:rolling:

Maybe he thinks he can go to 5 schools at once.
:rolling:

lol ... I am thinking he is looking to figure out his options if the first semester doesn't work out.. needs to find a good fit before the trade deadline.. each year he is in school. Only player to start for 8 different schools?

Francis - any realistic chance or no?
Imho if the staff still wants him and the elite camp visit happens then I think we can land him. IU might land a commitment from another guard this weekend and I just can't see him being too excited about Minnesota.

With no shortage of mixed messages regarding where IW might end up it's become apparent that there will be no clarity until the very end of the process. It seems like we've been giving love to this kid for an eternity at this point. Outside of all of that I'd be thrilled if we end up with him. I've always considered him an heir apparent for Dion. There are many parallels between them and perhaps the biggest difference is that Dion practically committed in utero whereas we'll find out about IW post mortem. In the end, IW committing to Syracuse would be a tremendous addition to the team

With all of the talent we have right now and incoming it is going to be a daunting task for the staff to keep everybody happy with playing time. That would be especially true with the guards should IW decide Orange. Ahh...such first world problems to have!

Imho if the staff still wants him and the elite camp visit happens then I think we can land him. IU might land a commitment from another guard this weekend and I just can't see him being too excited about Minnesota.
Seriously, he even mentioned in the interview that people go to Minnesota to get away from attention, the media, and expectations. Basically Lil' Pitino is pitching that if you fail here, no one will notice. And if you do well here, still no one will notice.

Seriously, he even mentioned in the interview that people go to Minnesota to get away from attention, the media, and expectations. Basically Lil' Pitino is pitching that if you fail here, no one will notice. And if you do well here, still no one will notice.
:rolling: C'mon Slick Rick Jr, I thought you could do better than that.

so if you cheat on your wife with your buddy's wife no one will notice either- noted - old man slick rick should have thought that through.

Hmmm... after watching Ennis look VERY good... granted in Canada, but tonight was against a good team... is there a chance he could be one and done? In which case, Whitehead wouldn't just be a luxury... we'd need another guy who can handle the point when Joseph sits.

Hmmm... after watching Ennis look VERY good... granted in Canada, but tonight was against a good team... is there a chance he could be one and done? In which case, Whitehead wouldn't just be a luxury... we'd need another guy who can handle the point when Joseph sits.

This is my exact reasoning for us hopefully still being all in on IW. We just don't know what can happen between now and 2015. You can't save the scholarships hoping everything goes as planned. If you have a chance to grab a potentially great player at a position of need, and have put in years of work, you go get em

TE is not a surprise to any of us on the RB. He plays within the scheme and doesn't get rattled. He's also getting to the rim and finishing. His floater is not there yet, but probably will be soon. And to run the offense for 44 minutes like he did last night against Carelton and have one TO ..., in his 3d college game with 6 practices ... impressive to say the least.

The only two deficits at this point are ... 10-20 pounds ... and at least a serviceable outside shot from range.

Visiting IU with an entourage it sounds like. The Hoosier drumbeat grows louder.