Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

According to 24/7 whitehead is no longer considering syracuse.. What? Are they short in scholarships?

According to 24/7 whitehead is no longer considering syracuse.. What? Are they short in scholarships?

Hey bro, who knows what's going on right now, some people say we are not going to get/take him others say we still have a shot.

I like the picture of you and dion waiters.

So let me get this right. Whitehead talked and flirted with the idea about package deal with Newton( a pg) and considered us, minny, ucla, etc. But now since the Joseph (a pg) verbal he is not considering us? Oooook. Me thinks either he is feeling shunned and upset or the staff told him no thanks. either way, its all good. Would have loved to see him in Orange but I understand the need for saving the scholly for 15. The whole thing with this kid has been a lot confusing...

So let me get this right. Whitehead talked and flirted with the idea about package deal with Newton( a pg) and considered us, minny, ucla, etc. But now since the Joseph (a pg) verbal he is not considering us? Oooook. Me thinks either he is feeling shunned and upset or the staff told him no thanks. either way, its all good. Would have loved to see him in Orange but I understand the need for saving the scholly for 15. The whole thing with this kid has been a lot confusing...
Agree. As much as I wanted him here, we knew it was going to be a series of ups and downs, confusion. Another lesson learned might be that once a prospect grows tired of SU questions, probably not going to be our guy. Sort of had that feeling of Briscoe for a long time now.

Agree. As much as I wanted him here, we knew it was going to be a series of ups and downs, confusion. Another lesson learned might be that once a prospect grows tired of SU questions, probably not going to be our guy. Sort of had that feeling of Briscoe for a long time now.
I thought he (Briscoe) might have been instructed to tone down the SU love by someone (ie father). That devotion to one school early on would be a hinderance to publicity and attention and would take away possibilities. I'm still hoping that after he surveys the field he comes back to his original (and best) plan - but the AZ stuff has me worried.

The best part of losing IW is that Tyler and Kaleb are THAT good. If IW made the choice to look elsewhere because of the competition, he's better off somewhere else.

Why are some assuming IW turned us down after Kaleb committed?
It seems to me (based on Jake's comments) that we moved on.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

I think IW ticked JB off with his gushing about IU's 11th hour offer. After recruiting him for 2 years, having staff at most of his summer events, and JB personally going to see him 3 times (the last flying to Milwaukee just to see him)...I think they just said screw it we have good options in the next class. Too bad because IW might have put us over the top for NC in 2014 he's that good of a scorer. But that's life. Lots of elite kids to go for in 2015 class.

Ton of conflicting reports from braziller and zagoria and kline on twitter, if Jake doesnt have twiter he should get one asap and lay down the law

Ton of conflicting reports from braziller and zagoria and kline on twitter, if Jake doesnt have twiter he should get one asap and lay down the law

WHat are they saying, short story?

All the twitter reports seem accurate to me. Seems there is only one way interest between whitehead and Syracuse...which is what I've been hinting at for days.

WHat are they saying, short story?

@JordanLittman: Isaiah Whitehead's assistant coach, James Barrett, is disputing the earlier report that Whitehead is no longer considering Syracuse. #iubb

@TheAlexKline: @HooprecruiterNY smh you know how rumors are.

@AdamZagoria: There is no longer mutual interest between Syracuse and Isaiah Whitehead, sources confirm to @SNYtv

I mean in a way they all ould be right since as Jake noted we moved on, yea isaiah can still have interest but its no longer reciprocated.

Wow. I liked his game. I don't like the games. Oh well.

// this function returns a scholarship
public bool GetScholarship(bool recruitingGames, bool drama, ref midMajor)
{
bool scholly = true;​
if (recruitingGames || drama)​
{​
scholly = false;​
midMajor = true;​
}​
return scholly;​
}

If anybody saw tonight's scrimmage you have to wonder why either side would want to end this recruitment. IW should certainly not be afraid of competition from Cooney, or Buss, and Syracuse should definitely not feel content with what we have. Regardless it looks like we are moving forward. Hopefully next years class isn't scared away by the same thing.

If anybody saw tonight's scrimmage you have to wonder why either side would want to end this recruitment. IW should certainly not be afraid of competition from Cooney, or Buss, and Syracuse should definitely not feel content with what we have. Regardless it looks like we are moving forward. Hopefully next years class isn't scared away by the same thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Cooney looked a lot like last year, missed his first 9 shots. Sure could use IW's offensive skills.

Let this be a lesson to the recruits out there...Syracuse waits for no player. If you dance around and go back and forth we will move on.

Imho if Zeke Whitehead called up OGJB and said that he wants to join the team, then the old man has to be senile not to accept the commitment. I think with KJ in the fold that JB doesn't want to waste time with the Lincoln High circus though.

Getting Whitehead at this point would be a luxury. I realize hes uber talented and would help, but do we really want to deal with his crap. If Ennis stays past this year, it would be interesting to see the two co-exist. IW comes off to me as someone who needs the ball in his hands all the time, and he won't have that here playing with Tyler.

We have played one summer league game, where Trevor Cooney missed his first 9 shots, and then made his last 4. Wayyyy to small of a sample size in August none the less to tell us he won't be a productive player. On the opposite end Michael Gbjinje went 1-6 and people think hes amazing. I think some of us need to meet in the middle with those two. I am not an apologist for either player, but come on this is August people. Lets get through the next 3 Canadian games to draw some more conclusions. When people who are suppose to make shots miss them they are going to look bad. Andy Rautins didn't even start being a productive player for Syracuse until halfway through his second season with us.

is it just me or does the whole whitehead thing remind of Doron Lamb? Were we not his top choice without strong mutual interest? at least per the twitter/social media wire?