Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Gents,

Apparently IW gave a Cuse update to Scout (subscription)

"Cuse update RT @BSnowScout: Here is the latest on Isaiah Whitehead who just returned from unofficial visit to Indiana scouthoops.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./2/1320104.html"

Anyone with a subscription want to share the love?

Helllll...Give him a call see if he's around. Maybe Melo too...???
That would be great if he's available. The staff always love to bring former players to help out with the Elite Camp. Waiters and MCW I would assume will be down to attend if available.

Gents,

Apparently IW gave a Cuse update to Scout (subscription)

"Cuse update RT @BSnowScout: Here is the latest on Isaiah Whitehead who just returned from unofficial visit to Indiana scouthoops. /2/1320104.html"

Anyone with a subscription want to share the love?
Talked about the IU visit, said SU is still involved but no mention about any other visits yet.

Crean's pitch to Whitehead is that he can play both guard spots. Yogi Ferrell will be a junior if IW decides to play there. Yogi will play 30+ minutes per game.

Also told by a diehard IU fan co-worker (who has some sources) that Whitehead had a good visit, but found himself bored when not on campus or working out.

I think this thread should go dormant until IW commits somewhere. Lincoln and funny stuff going on late cemented the KJ as the staffs number one choice IMO. Whatever really happened Jake nailed it. Its a no on IW.

All the other recruiting talk would do better in other threads at this point IMO.

Talked about the IU visit, said SU is still involved but no mention about any other visits yet.

“Pretty much he is going to take a couple of more visits and go from there,” said Barrett. “Isaiah will probably go to Seton Hall, Louisville, UCLA, Syracuse, and Minnesota. no order which he is going to take visits, but he plans to make those.”
Coach Barrett said Indiana is likely to receive a return trip, it would be an official for their Hoosier Hysteria event.
One school long associated with Whitehead has been Syracuse. The Orange recently picked up Kaleb Joseph, and there was some rumors that they would no longer be an option, but Barrett indicated that isn’t the case.
“With Syracuse they are definitely still an option,” said Barrett. “Coach (Jim) Boeheim has had a lot of guards in the past and they have done well, so they are still an option for sure.”

“Pretty much he is going to take a couple of more visits and go from there,” said Barrett. “Isaiah will probably go to Seton Hall, Louisville, UCLA, Syracuse, and Minnesota. no order which he is going to take visits, but he plans to make those.”
Coach Barrett said Indiana is likely to receive a return trip, it would be an official for their Hoosier Hysteria event.
One school long associated with Whitehead has been Syracuse. The Orange recently picked up Kaleb Joseph, and there was some rumors that they would no longer be an option, but Barrett indicated that isn’t the case.
“With Syracuse they are definitely still an option,” said Barrett. “Coach (Jim) Boeheim has had a lot of guards in the past and they have done well, so they are still an option for sure.”
I should've been more clearer above. I meant to say that no other visits were mentioned as far as any dates being set because everybody is curious if he's coming to the Elite Camp this weekend.

Why would any of the guards, especially the 2s, scare Whitehead away? Bring him in!

Why would any of the guards, especially the 2s, scare Whitehead away? Bring him in!

Agreed. I think it comes more down to whether he wants to be the focal point of an offense the moment he steps foot on campus, or whether he'd be willing to come somewhere where he might start, but not necessarily be the primary scorer.

Agreed. I think it comes more down to whether he wants to be the focal point of an offense the moment he steps foot on campus, or whether he'd be willing to come somewhere where he might start, but not necessarily be the primary scorer.

I wonder if he wouldn't be the focal point of our offense. Ennis can score but he seems like he will be a good distributor. McCollough looks like a great athlete, but I doubt he'll be the focal point of the offense next year. The centers we have aren't primary scorers. If Grant sticks around, he'll take on a major scoring role next year, but I could imagine a scenario where Whitehead could come in and be the leading scorer on the team.

I wonder if he wouldn't be the focal point of our offense. Ennis can score but he seems like he will be a good distributor. McCollough looks like a great athlete, but I doubt he'll be the focal point of the offense next year. The centers we have aren't primary scorers. If Grant sticks around, he'll take on a major scoring role next year, but I could imagine a scenario where Whitehead could come in and be the leading scorer on the team.
There's a reason why Jim payed so much attention to him, he's the truth!
image.jpg

I agree... Team without Grant and Fair next year doesn't really have a go to scorer. Maybe its Coleman... WIthout having to read back up the thread, is he coming to the Elite camp...? I guess it really doesn't matter as Jake said its over!

Is that extra chummy vibe in the pic a good or bad thing?

Grant & IW would be quite a potent 1-2 punch, if Grant is still at SU next year. Inside/Outside, with Ennis distributing and floating in between, and DC2 down on the blocks.

That is some seriously nice spacing on offense.

P.S. That pic was from quite a while ago, no recent visit.

If he's shows any interest at all, SU should keep recruiting him. Who is to say any of the 2Gs SU has distinguishes themselves in any way this year. His recruiting could drag on into the spring; I don't see it benefitting him to commit in the fall, given the way it's going for him. If you put any stock into his wishes to play with McCullough, he'd still have some interest in the Cuse. Minnesota and Indiana would not find anyone better than him, even as a late commit. Heck, he was probably better last year than any guard on Indiana save for Oladipo LAST year. Who else was he considering? UK - they'll have a flood of exits in the spring; Louisville probably will too, and if he expands his list to Kansas, UCLA, heck even Oregon, I think the #17 player would be welcome those place too. SU's in a position where you have a top 2G recruit, with (or used to have) mutual interest, and they don't even need him. How crazy is that? That said ... wow. Passing on a kid who's #3 or #4 at his position. That's painful to read.

Kev

Grant & IW would be quite a potent 1-2 punch, if Grant is still at SU next year. Inside/Outside, with Ennis distributing and floating in between, and DC2 down on the blocks.

That is some seriously nice spacing on offense.

P.S. That pic was from quite a while ago, no recent visit.

"You could come play for a National Championship caliber team and potentially be our leading scorer." That's a pretty strong recruiting line that not many schools could offer.

I bet our "crystal ball" folks have dropped their SU predictions.
Here's the perfect gift for Jerry and company.
Whiteout.jpg

Remember there are 2 parts to the game offense and defense, when Dion got the defensive end he played, the same with MCW.

247 Sports had a headline claiming that "Both Louisville and Syracuse are in the mix for Whitehead". I haven't seen any indication from Whitehead that we are in any mix.