Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...ng-seniors-isaiah-whitehead-and-jaquan-newton
New article on the Whitehead/Newton situation. Interesting notes below.

While the two biggest schools on each player's list are Minnesota and Syracuse, Whitehead said there are other possibilities in the works, too.

“It can be anywhere, you never know,” he said. “Both of our lists are wide open.”

Minnesota has made a stronger push since Richard Pitino took over the Golden Gophers, with assistant coaches Kimani Young and Dan McHale working the Northeast effectively. Whitehead and Newton have become more interested in Minnesota in recent weeks, and the two plan on visiting the campus together in the fall. Sources said the visit could come in September.

As for Syracuse, the Orange have been pursuing Whitehead longer than pretty much everyone. They have been considered one of the favorites for his services for a couple of years, and they haven't cooled on him recently. Are the Orange as strongly after Newton? Sources told CBSSports.com that the staff does indeed like Newton, although Kaleb Joseph is another primary target in the class of 2014.

the idea of playing for Pitino JR may sound all cool and original and stuff like that now, but just wait until he visits "The Barn" . Things will change quickly.

Although with that said I have always had that feeling that we aren't going to get Whitehead. I haven't thought once during the whole process that he is ours. Hopefully I am wrong

All this makes me fondly reminisce about how we knew Dion Waiters was coming to play 4 years before he arrived on the hill. What ever happened to kids who knew who they were and where they wanted to go? I think that's one of the things I like about McCullough... he wanted to be Orange, and let us know early. What a treat for die hard fans. We get to enjoy the thought of him for 2 years in advance.

If you couldn't already tell, the 24/7 Sports crew really grinds my gears. What is the point of making a prediction if you are just going to change it an infinite amount of times?

images.jpeg

If you couldn't already tell, the 24/7 Sports crew really grinds my gears. What is the point of making a prediction if you are just going to change it an infinite amount of times?

View attachment 4048
Because when Jerry reads things on the Internet (especially twitter) they are 100% true, that's what I heard from a French model once.

I am truly humbled that my Cuse bias has reached the great State of Minnesota, which is of course the beacon of mankind and the pinnacle of higher civilization that all others should strive to imitate.

If only I could find it on a map...

I am truly humbled that my Cuse bias has reached the great State of Minnesota, which is of course the beacon of mankind and the pinnacle of higher civilization that all others should strive to imitate.

If only I could find it on a map...
The home of meat raffles. Actually, very hip arts history. It did give us Prince.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

And that's Wisconsin talking. Which generally reeks of cow shint due to a larger populace of dairy cows than people. Seriously every big 10 state their all useless.
BIG is the biggest farce in the history of the World. Why is watching football and basketball in that conference like watching paint dry?

BIG is the biggest farce in the history of the World. Why is watching football and basketball in that conference like watching paint dry?

Not only that...but their hallowed halls of academia are actually just propped up hyperbole. B10 schools are basically student/alumni factories (40-80 thousand students) that care more about research dollars than they do about teaching their students. Ask anyone who has ever attended a B10 school. Most classes are taught by TAs and you are just a number.

Zags just tweeted that Coach Book from Arizona reached out to Whitehead and theyre going to be recruiting him harder. I could be mistaken, Francis can probably correct me, but I think he's the guy who got them Rondae Jefferson and Briscoe.

Zags just tweeted that Coach Book from Arizona reached out to Whitehead and theyre going to be recruiting him harder. I could be mistaken, Francis can probably correct me, but I think he's the guy who got them Rondae Jefferson and Briscoe.
Richardson will be a head coach somewhere real soon...hell of a recruiter, BX guy to boot
Yessir. Zona is recruiting everybody and their daddy. Can't have em all right?

Book's a St. Ray's alum and best thing he ever did was turn down Mike Rice's offer to make him the associate head coach when he just got the Rutgers job.

Yessir. Zona is recruiting everybody and their daddy. Can't have em all right?

Book's a St. Ray's alum and best thing he ever did was turn down Mike Rice's offer to make him the associate head coach when he just got the Rutgers job.

Can I expect us to turn up the heat on Malichi?