Class of 2014 - Isaiah Whitehead | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Isaiah Whitehead

Tobias ain't got nothing on this guy.
View attachment 4070
image.jpg

Steph says hi

Keep looking through YouTube highlights, it is less common in his highlights (esp. Vs. "The Hammer"), but I have come across him throwing down a few times. Regardless, nice athlete, good bady control and able to finish with both hands which is a huge plus.

looks like they were a little touchy when mentioning the cow barn. not saying the Carrier Dome is the best venue in the world (nevermind it packs 35k in), but there is also this place called the Melo Center that is used as the primary practice facility. $17m State of the Art practice facility vs nothing I believe? I may be wrong, but I thought I read somewhere they didn't really have a basketball only practice facility? That was more of the reasoning for my comment.

The thing I really like about Whitehead is that he is always in attack mode when he has the ball. He crossed that kid up at half court because he saw a lane.

Best of the UA Undeniable Camp - 7-5-13 - ESPN Insider

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Under Armour continued its "Grind" session circuit this week at Inglewood High School and the talent on display was high level. The Undeniable Camp introduced the players to a variety of skill-development drills, as well as some freelance scrimmaging.

Best Scorers
Isaiah Whitehead (Brooklyn, N.Y./Lincoln)
2014, SG, 6-4, 185
Claims offers from Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland and Minnesota, with Kentucky and Florida showing interest
Whitehead plays at one speed: attack mode. He is relentless in the open court and his overall approach reminds me a bit of Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson. Whitehead’s jump shot is now a weapon and there are few players around the country who finish through contact like he does. He needs to do a better job of managing his pace (plays too fast) and allow the game to come to him more than forcing the issue, but he's a definite talent.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=7428&refresh=true

Best of the UA Undeniable Camp - 7-5-13 - ESPN Insider

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- Under Armour continued its "Grind" session circuit this week at Inglewood High School and the talent on display was high level. The Undeniable Camp introduced the players to a variety of skill-development drills, as well as some freelance scrimmaging.

Best Scorers
2014, SG, 6-4, 185
Status: Claims offers from Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland and Minnesota, with Kentucky and Florida showing interest
Whitehead plays at one speed: attack mode. He is relentless in the open court and his overall approach reminds me a bit of Indiana Pacers guard Lance Stephenson. Whitehead’s jump shot is now a weapon and there are few players around the country who finish through contact like he does. He needs to do a better job of managing his pace (plays too fast) and allow the game to come to him more than forcing the issue, but he's a definite talent.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbrecruiting/national/post?id=7428&refresh=true
Wow. Doesn't even list us as an offer, but lists Maryland, Minny and Zona?
Still, not sure if this is on IW or our "pals" at ESPN.

Wow. Doesn't even list us as an offer, but lists Maryland, Minny and Zona?
Still, not sure if this is on IW or our "pals" at ESPN.
Wouldn't go crazy over that. Sites tend to just throw out random school names when they mention them in an evaluation.

The thing I really like about Whitehead is that he is always in attack mode when he has the ball. He crossed that kid up at half court because he saw a lane.

He can tend to drift on his jump shot at times. A real scorer, good hands on defense.

He would commit to UK instantly if he get an offer from them

time to cut the cord and move on. He already is figuring as a one and done player and will just be auditioning for the NBA his only year in college.

some of these coaches really needs to get it into these recruits heads that there is only one ball to go around and there is a good possibility that they will be recruited over the next year if they don't go pro.

Notice Miami, Fl, UCLA, Ore colors? No Minny anywhere. Me thinks crystal ball predictions should change.

That is because Minny just realized they had a basketball program and they haven't made basketball shoes in their colors. I think the hiring of little Dick Pitino helped the fan base realize there is a basketball program.

That is because Minny just realized they had a basketball program and they haven't made basketball shoes in their colors. I think the hiring of little Dick Pitino helped the fan base realize there is a basketball program.
Lol Lil Dick Pitino.

Finkelstein (E S P N) on Whitehead at the Hoop Group Elite Camp:

2014, SG, 6-4, 195
Offers from Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, St. John’s and Syracuse, among others
There wasn’t much for Whitehead to prove this week, and everyone knew it. He was the most talented guard in the gym and there were only a handful of others who had a chance to keep it close. When he chose to assert himself, it was only a matter of him deciding how he wanted to get his shot off because he was capable of creating space for his trademark pull-ups or bullying his way to the rim virtually on demand. When it was all said and done, he took home the camp MVP award, led his team to the championship and put on a show in the all-star game.