It’s time to retire the phrase that these tournament runs are flukes. | Syracusefan.com

It’s time to retire the phrase that these tournament runs are flukes.

I’ll probably start a firestorm, but this team was always a ncaa tournament team if Sidibe had no gotten hurt. That one injury four minutes into the season changed so many of the moving parts. It took SU almost all season to work things out.

Just my opinion, but going to at least the Sweet 16 as a double digit seed 3 times is not a fluke.
There will always be idiots out there that roll with the “tavern league zone catches teams by surprise and always good for a couple cheap wins in March” narrative. Fluck ‘em.

I’ll probably start a firestorm, but this team was always a ncaa tournament team if Sidibe had no gotten hurt. That one injury four minutes into the season changed so many of the moving parts. It took SU almost all season to work things out.
Even without Sidibe we’re obviously a tournament team. The second we stopped riding Griffin and Joe 35+ we’ve only lost 2 games.

You are absolutely freaking right! The man can coach. Everybody (almost) says this team doesn't have talent but they are once again in the Sweet Sixteen.
45 years as a head coach and I still see these pundits before the game and at half time picking against him. Show some respect for the man.

Michigan St used to be that low seed that would always make a run in the tourney. We've replaced them now
Was thinking the exact same. And Izzo was a hero with the media during that run. Now that it's 3 for JB in the last several years, it's clearly a pattern and not a fluke. Let's see if he gets the same love...

March is the most important month. While sometimes losing to a bad team at the start of the year is no fun it is not where seasons are make it or break it.

1000% agree. No fluke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom