It Always darkest before the coming of dawm | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It Always darkest before the coming of dawm

We lost by 7 in a weird, unique circumstances game. I'm embarrassed by the over reaction.
It's all good. We'll get the **** kicked out of us multiple times this year, the Dome will be emptier than its ever been, most likely no bowl game and let's hope Babers can hold onto his recruits.

Sorry, many of us thought days like yesterday were behind us.

It doesn't help that we play in arguably the best football conference in the country now. I won't watch this team become Rutgers/Vandy. Not doing it.

I'll give Babers as much time as he needs but it's mainly because he's our only chance.

It's all good. We'll get the **** kicked out of us multiple times this year, the Dome will be emptier than its ever been, most likely no bowl game and let's hope Babers can hold onto his recruits.

Sorry, many of us thought days like yesterday were behind us.

It doesn't help that we play in arguably the best football conference in the country now.

That's what I'm saying. The reason we're all having a mid-Grob reaction to this game is that it felt like a Grob game.

But it's the only one I remember in the Babers era.

I also assume you thought we'd get are *** kicked vs VaTech last season.

Babers assessment was spot on. We weren't ready mentally vs the emotion/Shafer. That was in him and he took the blame.

We're lucky to have him.

I think the Shaffer emotion is total BS.

If we lose to Central Michigan this week we officially go from Dino Babers Honeymoon phase to Dino Babers Hot Seat phase.

Please don't lose to Central Michigan!

sometimes your brain wants to believe something sooo bad that it doesn't register and comprehend what the eyes are truly telling it. step back. blink. and then tell me what you truly see. it's bad.

The hardcore fans are dealing with a culmination of things.. This game was the straw that broke the camels back.

I watched us lose to a mid-major due to piss poor play from our team in a half empty Dome on my iPhone while Clemson ran down the hill on my television in prime time to a packed out mega stadium with orange balloons released into the sky as they beat a ranked SEC foe.

We're not even in the the same stratosphere and while the rest of the country lives, eats and breathes football, our University and Alumnus seem to care less about it.

If they don't care, why should we?

Apathy has truly set in and it's not because of one loss.. It's because of a University that isn't willing to do what takes to field a competitive P5 program and it all came to a head yesterday evening.

If they want to earmark ACC money into a General Fund at the expense of the Football program while not getting much out of our donors, that's fine.. but don't expect the fanbase to blindly root for this program...the program that got you those ACC paychecks in the first place.

I take exception with your second to last paragraph. If the U didn't care Shafer would still be on our sideline coaching the team in a tennis bubble doubling for intramural flag football.

I agree that we have a massive donor issue in relation to our peers, but we are very different type of school and I hope we finally have an AD that gets it (Coyle did and decided ) as opposed to one that thought he was our Spike Lee at hoop games.

I think the Shaffer emotion is total BS.

I don't. Watch the players post game interviews. Rewatch the game - more than half the mistakes were mental.

Ish and Erv don't drop the ball in this offense. Proven guys dropping easy catches? Not. focused.

sometimes your brain wants to believe something sooo bad that it doesn't register and comprehend what the eyes are truly telling it. step back. blink. and then tell me what you truly see. it's bad.

I truly see a one game blip in an emotionally weird game for our best players that we lost by 7.

So was I. But that's 1 game out of 14 in the Babers era.
Who cares if it is "one game"? The point is SU lost to a team that they shouldn't have lost too. Losing a game like this gives the illusion that SU has not and may not turn any corner. So many on here want to believe that Babers is going to turn this around because he is getting some better (on paper at least) recruits and talks a great agenda. The unfortunate thing is that Babers has not been a HC for a P5 school in one of the best conferences in the country. His system so far has been bubble pass and drive right/left. I for one am not impressed with the babers scheme. Almost all NCAA football teams run a faster offensive to get in as many plays as possible, other then that I don't see any play calling that looks impressive or makes the defense think. I want this coaching staff to succeed, however I cannot get over the fact that even if these players were not recruited by this staff (if they are so great as may fans believe) they should at the very least make them competitive and not lose games like yesterday.

Who cares if it is "one game"? The point is SU lost to a team that they shouldn't have lost too. Losing a game like this gives the illusion that SU has not and may not turn any corner. So many on here want to believe that Babers is going to turn this around because he is getting some better (on paper at least) recruits and talks a great agenda. The unfortunate thing is that Babers has not been a HC for a P5 school in one of the best conferences in the country. His system so far has been bubble pass and drive right/left. I for one am not impressed with the babers scheme. Almost all NCAA football teams run a faster offensive to get in as many plays as possible, other then that I don't see any play calling that looks impressive or makes the defense think. I want this coaching staff to succeed, however I cannot get over the fact that even if these players were not recruited by this staff (if they are so great as may fans believe) they should at the very least make them competitive and not lose games like yesterday.

<puts killdozer in the "out on Babers" column>

There is a lot to like about the system, the recruiting, the way he handles himself in game and at the podium.

1 game is 1 game. By 7. You're entitled to your own opinion. Just think people are largely over reacting.

What's so special about NY? The state's recruiting is terrible. SU is a private school that the vast majority of residents have no connection to. The northeast has the weakest college football fandom of any region in the country, by far, and that's with Penn State fans and ND subway alums living there.

Institutionally and culturally SU has a lot more in common with the FCS schools in the northeast than P5 FBS schools in the rest of the country.

I'm not saying SU can't be good. Just that it's hard to wrangle money and interest from alums when the program has been terrible forever, the school's fundraising is lousy, and those that care about football spend their money on the NFL teams they've followed since childhood.

Yes, SU is private, but it also bares the city's name and encompasses the metro area. So, somewhat uniquely, the area/residents do have a connection with it. People though want to be associated with success, not failure, and for nearly two decades now the SU football program has been putrid. The reason so many of the residents have lost interest is because of the same 'ol same 'ol. It's very deflating. I know many who no longer bother going because of the constant losing. SU bares the brunt of the program's current state, 'you get out what you put in.' It has certainly taken its toll. Us diehards are just torturous hopeless romantics...

Yes, SU is private, but it also bares the city's name and encompasses the metro area. So, somewhat uniquely, the area/residents do have a connection with it. People though want to be associated with success, not failure, and for nearly two decades now the SU football program has been putrid. The reason so many of the residents have lost interest is because of the same 'ol same 'ol. It's very deflating. I know many who no longer bother going because of the constant losing. SU bares the brunt of the program's current state, 'you get out what you put in.' It has certainly taken its toll. Us diehards are just torturous hopeless romantics...

When we lose, people like to focus on the symptoms of losing. It's like a boulder rolling downhill. Easy to get swept up.

I'll need to see a lot more listless efforts to believe Babers doesn't have us on the right track.

<puts killdozer in the "out on Babers" column>

There is a lot to like about the system, the recruiting, the way he handles himself in game and at the podium.

1 game is 1 game. By 7. You're entitled to your own opinion. Just think people are largely over reacting.
My comments were not just about Dino, it's about how long SU fans have been disappointed about some losses. Never said I was out on Babers so don't put words in my mouth, posters on here love to do that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom