It is now official. | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

It is now official.

I know we're not supposed to talk about the former site, but Scout is doing something hilarious right now. They are listing over 903 current users, but most of them are names I've never heard of. If I were a new person wandering over there I would think that place is JUMPING! 903 people logged on! Has to be on purpose. grasping for straws...

It has to do with how they display who is on over how many hours and on what boards.

Example - When I came on to write 2 1/2 years ago at SUFan.com we had like 250 or so consistently on the pay board. That number crested at 800 during free trials and eventually settled at 675-725 consistently for the past 6 months.

I noticed the month this site was formed and was leaving they had changed it. There were "only 21 users online" for like a week. I'm guessing they changed it to the last 15 minutes or something.

Now I guess they changed it to the past 48 hours and included the free boards as there is no way there are 950 people on Manley. Has never happened, even during free trials.

Makes them look good though.

I don't work for this site or that site, so as far as I'm concerned; I can address it however I'd like. Has nothing to do with my departure at Scout.

For them, it's just good business, so they'll keep displaying it like that.

Did anyone tell Cali, I think he is confused. He was on the other site wondering why he could not get into Manley.

Did anyone tell Cali, I think he is confused. He was on the other site wondering why he could not get into Manley.

Yep, Cali knows. He has posted here already. He wants to stay over there.

Yep, Cali knows. He has posted here already. He wants to stay over there.

I helped him out. He thought this site had a Manley and that is what he was looking for. I explained the set up to him.

Thank you for this. I was getting panic attacks wondering where everyone went. I started prepping for the hurricane Friday, still don't have power, came back last night to find this. Looks great!

Site looks great. Glad to be aboard. Now if I can only get my power back on so I can watch the game on Thursday. It's looking a little dicey.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in and say thanks for all you have done at scout through the years and thanks to what you are creating here now.:) I too, as were many, was extremely disappointed at what started happening at scout on our site.:( The decision to move was simple. Like all big decisions in life one of the big factors is the people in your life...family,friends, etc. The people who I've enjoyed listening to moved, so I moved. The people and our shared passion as Orange fans, that's what makes the site. Admins keep up the good work of shepherding your orange flock on to ever oranger pastures.

Love the new site, my only gripe is that you can't go directly to the next thread without going back to the main forum screen and then clicking the next thread. Thanks for all you guys do!

Love the new site, my only gripe is that you can't go directly to the next thread without going back to the main forum screen and then clicking the next thread. Thanks for all you guys do!
Good to see ya on here. Tampa 2012? Never too soon to ask. :)

I must say on a personal note that I know and understand the issues many publishers had with the 'old' site. I cannot blame anyone for making the jump and I like the layout here. There are some good people at the old organization, but unfortunately the direction from the bosses at Fox Interactive Media never seemed to be clarified. All the good ideas the admin people had seemed to be nothing more than that -- ideas. The new software rolled out 3 years ago was supposed to be constantly updated and improved. Unfortunately, it's the same bland, buggy software today it was then.

Anyhow, good luck here at the new digs and in all future endeavors!

I must say on a personal note that I know and understand the issues many publishers had with the 'old' site. I cannot blame anyone for making the jump and I like the layout here. There are some good people at the old organization, but unfortunately the direction from the bosses at Fox Interactive Media never seemed to be clarified. All the good ideas the admin people had seemed to be nothing more than that -- ideas. The new software rolled out 3 years ago was supposed to be constantly updated and improved. Unfortunately, it's the same bland, buggy software today it was then.

Anyhow, good luck here at the new digs and in all future endeavors!

Thanks Kyle. Don't be a stranger, you always brought good insight. We've only been up 4 days but we'll be adding a lot more here than just the forums.

Thanks Kyle. Don't be a stranger, you always brought good insight. We've only been up 4 days but we'll be adding a lot more here than just the forums.

I will be more than happy to stick around! I've very much enjoyed participating in discussions over here.

Good to see ya on here. Tampa 2012? Never too soon to ask. :)
Possibly. Depends on the date. If it is in the November time range, it is quite possible. My sister in law is getting married on the first or 2nd week in November. I can't see my wife agreeing to 2 flights to Florida so close together, but you never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom