It is Official; TCU is Joining the Big 12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It is Official; TCU is Joining the Big 12

The other announcement is probably the 6 year commitment to conference from all members (they were previously waiting on Mizz and now Mizz did not get enough votes for SEC). So expected that B12 members all commit their TV rights to conference for 6 years, and SEC is left with having to invite WVU.

What's funny is the BigTen is not making any moves so Rugers and UCONN are pretty much screwed. No way Big12 goes that far east coast to expand, all of it's members will be pissed about having to travel that far for a couple of games.

TCU gets them back to 10 teams if Mizzou doesn't leave. They don't need to invite anyone else immediately.

I still think that Mizzu winds up in the SEC I just can't see them turning down the ST. Louis and Kasas City markets. But then agian I am usually worng so who knows.

ECU fans are forming a huge circle...Holland is in the middle.

The other announcement is probably the 6 year commitment to conference from all members (they were previously waiting on Mizz and now Mizz did not get enough votes for SEC). So expected that B12 members all commit their TV rights to conference for 6 years, and SEC is left with having to invite WVU.

What's funny is the BigTen is not making any moves so Rugers and UCONN are pretty much screwed. No way Big12 goes that far east coast to expand, all of it's members will be pissed about having to travel that far for a couple of games.

The SEC will go hard after an ACC school(s) before they invite WVU.

Food for thought, though: This almost guarantees that SU/Pitt will have to stay until 2013, right?
The NNBE must hold on to Syracuse & Pittsburgh until they find at least 2 replacements. They should want those two out ASAP, but right now it's not Possible.

I wonder how much heroine Marinatto has injected today?

The Captain has instructed the band to continue to play.

Wow it is going to get messy now. I don't blame TCU one bit.

I feel bad for UConn, Rutgers, Louisville, USF and Cincy in this mess.

For what it's worth, I envy SU and Pitt in this mess.

UConn will be ok. Somehow. I think we'll be ok.

Didn't the ACC up it's buyout to $20 million? Gonna be a lot harder to pry teams out of there.

I don't see that so much as a deterant if the money can be made leaving. It helps the remaining teams get some cash flow and gives them a chance to ease the loss of possible future income but these buyouts are like a no trade contract you can find ways to make it work if you really want too.

Another nail in the coffin.

CBS Sports Link

So if we're stuck in the league a little longer, we get to share some of that $5M right? Make the check out to SUOCBIP (SU Offensive Coordinator Budget Improvement Program). Thanks Horned Frogs. I'm sure the scraps will be working hard to use your Fiesta and Rose Bowl appearances in their Continued BCS Inclusion pitch.

TCU just gave SU and Pitt it's horned frog up the yazoo for leaving in the first place.

Do they still have to pay?

I don't see that so much as a deterant if the money can be made leaving. It helps the remaining teams get some cash flow and gives them a chance to ease the loss of possible future income but these buyouts are like a no trade contract you can find ways to make it work if you really want too.

But if a university can make close to the same money in the expanded ACC and have an easier road to a BCS game, and play it's traditional rivals; why would they want to go to a meat grinder of a conference like the SEC where it seems 75% of the athletics programs are under NCAA investigation? besides the university presidents will prefer the academics of the ACC over the SEC. I think WVU is gone soon.

But if a university can make close to the same money in the expanded ACC and have an easier reoad to a BCS game, and play it's traditional rivals; why would they want to go to a meat grinder of a conference like the SEC where it seems 75% of the athletics programs are under NCAA investigation? besides the university presidents will prefer the academics of the ACC over the SEC. I think WVU is gone soon.

I was thinking more of Maryland to the B1G and not the sec. I agree with what you're saying.

UConn
Rutgers
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida
Central Florida
Cincinnati
Temple
West Virginia
East Carolina
Army
Navy

12 teams, and how many were members of BCS conferences in 2003 when the raiding started?

Two.

Can someone please welcome UConn, Rutgers, and Oliver Luck to ConferenceUSA II.

TCU: Undefeated in the Big East!

UConn
Rutgers
Louisville
Memphis
South Florida
Central Florida
Cincinnati
Temple
West Virginia
East Carolina
Army
Navy

12 teams, and how many were members of BCS conferences in 2003 when the raiding started?

Two.

Can someone please welcome UConn, Rutgers, and Oliver Luck to ConferenceUSA II.

No way do the basketball people allow that to happen unless you're saying they brake off or talk some schools into being football only. I'd have to think that the BE isn't in the position to make those kinds of demands and if I were any of those schools, except for the military ones, I want the good stuff too and that's with basketball being included.

Caption contest:

tcucabbagepatch.gif

No way do the basketball people allow that to happen unless you're saying they brake off or talk some schools into being football only. I'd have to think that the BE isn't in the position to make those kinds of demands and if I were any of those schools, except for the military ones, I want the good stuff too and that's with basketball being included.

Well, not many options for adding on the basketball side that also play football. Memphis and Temple? UMass might be a possibility, but after that it's a whole lot of blech.

Army and Navy for football only?

I am so happy to be watching this from safety. Let Rutgers and UConn burn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom