It is officially SU hoops season... | Syracusefan.com

It is officially SU hoops season...

iommi

Living Legend
Football team is a joke...hoops practice started today. Symmetry.

After that football debacle, I can't wait to get any news from practice. Pictures. Anything.

LGO!

The two aren't really related they are two different programs with the same school name and fans. Most of us would kill for basketball to win another national championship.

This years team could surprise people. Just like '03.
No. We are in for a 22 win season. Not terrible. We just watched terrible. But not what we have ben for the last 5 years or so.

No. We are in for a 22 win season. Not terrible. We just watched terrible. But not what we have ben for the last 5 years or so.

22 sounds a little light but I agree we will take a big step back and I think JB is anticipating it. I will prefer being optimistic and hope we exceed expectations. This team will have a ton of growing pains. I think they'll be fun to watch though. Run and gun is our only chance.

Don't get too excited about hoops.

I've been excited every year since 1976 and for good reason. Preach your Debbie Downer syndrome somewhere else. What could you possibly not be excited about. Unless your last name is Auerbach ,Popovich or Francis your opinion is one of a million. You will have to grow longer arms to pat yourself on the back if we suck this year. And God forbid CM doesn't play well. Your quote makes us out to be Providence. We're the 'Cuse. Get outta here with that junk.

ORRange said:
I've been excited every year since 1976 and for good reason. Preach your Debbie Downer syndrome somewhere else. What could you possibly not be excited about. Unless your last name is Auerbach ,Popovich or Francis your opinion is one of a million. You will have to grow longer arms to pat yourself on the back if we suck this year. And God forbid CM doesn't play well. Your quote makes us out to be Providence. We're the 'Cuse. Get outta here with that junk.

We're not going to suck. We'll make the tourney. That's about it.

I fully expect another 20+ win season, strong push in the BE tourny, and competing for a title. We have alot of unknowns, but that could work to our benefit. Without the hype train building up like last year, we will come into the tourny with something to prove. Anyone who doubts we can deliver isn't a real SU fan.

I fully expect another 20+ win season, strong push in the BE tourny, and competing for a title. We have alot of unknowns, but that could work to our benefit. Without the hype train building up like last year, we will come into the tourny with something to prove. Anyone who doubts we can deliver isn't a real SU fan.

A "strong push in the BE tourney" will be quite the accomplishment this year, but I'd love to see it......

i'll let u know after 10 minutes, first game, how we'll do. no secret i'll be watching joseph and how he flows in the offense. it's not about points or even assists, but if he's a catalyst or a hindrance

i'll let u know after 10 minutes, first game, how we'll do. no secret i'll be watching joseph and how he flows in the offense. it's not about points or even assists, but if he's a catalyst or a hindrance
I'm shocked to hear it will even take you 10 minutes.

Don't know if we'll be able to tell in 10 minutes, but you have identified the key factor.

I think Joseph has a huge weight on his sholder. Imo we need a isolation/go to scorer and unless its BJ, Roberson learns a postup fadeaway, or McCullough pulls up from the three point line alot I think by default it will be him. Good teams have a go to guy who can make tough shots. Great teams often have two. I love cooney but him and tough shots haven't mixed yet.

Whatever happens in hoops season, it won't be as bad as watching a toss sweep to a 240lb RB in your own endzone.
Nothing like lining up in the shotgun when you have the ball at your own 1 and giving it to a slow RB 5 yards deep in the end zone...and thinking anything good will come from it. Apparently our fans are smarter than our OC.

Are you sure you need the full 10 minutes, Bob Lichtenfeld?

Football team is a joke...hoops practice started today. Symmetry.

After that football debacle, I can't wait to get any news from practice. Pictures. Anything.

LGO!
It always was basketball season for you. You should support both teams, not just Basketball. Goes for a lot of others.

It always was basketball season for you. You should support both teams, not just Basketball. Goes for a lot of others.

BS. I've watched every game. I went to the ND game. I follow the program and support it. I post less frequently on the football board but I'm a fan and root like hell for our football team.

2 1st rd fowards anda 3rd team all ACC SG. That's my prediction

They are related in the sense that they both have had bad offenses for most of the last 10 years.

The two aren't really related they are two different programs with the same school name and fans. Most of us would kill for basketball to win another national championship.

BS. I've watched every game. I went to the ND game. I follow the program and support it. I post less frequently on the football board but I'm a fan and root like hell for our football team.
My apologies. I just don't like the idea of "Basketball season has officially started" stuff. I know its hard... To watch football right now, doesn't mean you give up like that although they are rather upsetting to watch.

There are basketball only's though. They do exist. Sorry for framing you :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom