It may be Time | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

It may be Time

We overachieved in 2018 by a game or so. We underachieved in 2019 by a game or so. I will not judge HCDB on anything this year other than getting through the season. There are bigger things right now than wins and losses. Next year, there will be more scrutiny.
suggest they scrutinize the reasons for a history of injuries

Context matters. Period.

...unless you really want to have a record discussion witout context. Then we will likely only have 1 win this year, and we've had poor records every year but 2018.

Context matters when we want to explain away winning. But when we lose and have a lot of injuries, then context becomes “excuses”. Got it.

That a job offer? I'm available for remote work.
Perfect the art of a traceless (and digital) hundred dollar handshake, and you'd have my vote to be head of recruiting.

I suggest you bone up on your bitcoin.

Context matters. Unless we lose and have a lot of injuries. Then context becomes “excuses”. Got it.
What are you rambling about? I never said anything about injuries. Got it?

Perfect the art of a traceless (and digital) hundred dollar handshake, and you'd have my vote to be head of recruiting.

I suggest you bone up on your bitcoin.
Joking aside I work in cybersecurity and have A.S. and B.S. degrees in computer forensics and a M.S. in Cybersecurity. What you suggest is feasible. lol

Joking aside I work in cybersecurity and have A.S. and B.S. degrees in computer forensics and a M.S. in Cybersecurity. What you suggest is feasible. lol
LOL - I wasn't joking.

After the team completely falls apart and only wins 1 game, with obviously problems behind closed doors, do you honestly think they will be expected to make a bowl game next year?

If there are issues behind closed doors he should be let go now. This year's record will be because of covid and injuries. Had neither happened then we should have expected a much better record. Setting the bar at 4-8 next year is a joke. Especially given how week our schedule is. Depending on how things play out I could see justifying keeping him at 5-7. But 4-8 is a complete failure for three straight seasons.

The roster is not a mess

Injuries decimated the roster this year

Stability at QB and OL next year changes everything

Also year one of a new D system and a new OC
Can we stop with this new OC stuff. Was he not brought in because he runs dinos offense and has been a previous coach under dino? I have yet to see anything different this year then last except not throwing to the tight ends

We had better talent across the board back then...until we didn’t.

Why?
we did not invest in the program. the arms race was on, and we ignored it . it hurt recruiting and coach p . the program withered on the vine . any money the program made was used elsewhere. typical su. hell the only reason we got a dome was the fire marshal cut the capacity of archbold. su administrators were never committed to the football program, get a life was prevalent long before shaw

The convo that you joined did.
So you're attributing something someone else said to me and then using it as a strawman argument? If that doesn't reek of desperation, then I'm not sure what does.

But I'll pllay ball. What injuries do you want to talk about? Do you want to talk about the virus that's affecting every team, the injuries that arise from our training routine, or our inability to replace players due to poor recruiting/player development?

So you're attributing something someone else said to me and then using it as a strawman argument? If that doesn't reek of desperation, then I'm not sure what does.

But I'll pllay ball. What injuries do you want to talk about? Do you want to talk about the virus that's affecting every team, the injuries that arise from our training routine, or our inability to replace players due to poor recruiting/player development?

Not sure what it is you think I’m desperate about. Coach ain’t going nowhere.

Good luck though. Sorry that you couldn’t enjoy the 10-3 season.

we did not invest in the program. the arms race was on, and we ignored it . it hurt recruiting and coach p . the program withered on the vine . any money the program made was used elsewhere. typical su. hell the only reason we got a dome was the fire marshal cut the capacity of archbold. su administrators were never committed to the football program, get a life was prevalent long before shaw

Boom. Hard to recruit here, especially with crappy facilities.

Hopefully the recent upgrades will help.

Boom. Hard to recruit here, especially with crappy facilities.

Hopefully the recent upgrades will help.
IIRC we leaned on Syracuse providing an elite education to attract student athletes but there was a stretch where Syracuse feel a lot in the educational rankings so we lost that angle too.

Not sure what it is you think I’m desperate about. Coach ain’t going nowhere.

Good luck though. Sorry that you couldn’t enjoy the 10-3 season.
You're desperately trying to push a weird narrative that DB is a good coach, despite poor showings 4/5 years and year 5 blowout losses to Liberty and Wake. I'm not sure why, but if you want, I'll happily speculate.

I did enjoy the 10-3 season, and I never said he was going anywhere this season or probably next season. (I actually think that he'll be around for at least next season and the season after.) Other than what I assume is a desperate attempt to make yet another (overtly stpuid) strawman argument, I'm not sure how you concluded that I think otherwise.

The roster is not a mess

Didn't we say the exact same thing a year ago?

You're desperately trying to push a weird narrative that DB is a good coach, despite poor showings 4/5 years and year 5 blowout losses to Liberty and Wake. I'm not sure why, but if you want, I'll happily speculate.

I did enjoy the 10-3 season, and I never said he was going anywhere this season or probably next season. (I actually think that he'll be around for at least next season and the season after.) Other than what I assume is a desperate attempt to make yet another (overtly stpuid) strawman argument, I'm not sure how you concluded that I think otherwise.

Yeah, I think he’s a good coach. Like every other coach in the last 20 or so years, he’s having trouble getting players here though. Hopefully the recent upgrades will help.

Pretty amazing that he actually went 10-3 here in year 3. Only 4 coaches have won 10 games in a season here.

If there are issues behind closed doors he should be let go now. This year's record will be because of covid and injuries. Had neither happened then we should have expected a much better record. Setting the bar at 4-8 next year is a joke. Especially given how week our schedule is. Depending on how things play out I could see justifying keeping him at 5-7. But 4-8 is a complete failure for three straight seasons.

(1) We can't afford it because of Dino's buy-out.
(2) The player revolt was over COVID testing protocols (or rather, lack of COVID testing), which Dino had no control over. You may recall that OUR players petitioned the ACC to do more testing, and require it of all member schools.

Didn't we say the exact same thing a year ago?
In fairness, the OL is materially worse than anyoen expected. If for no other reason, we got burned by the NCAA making Bleich sit out a year. That decision is arguably not on the school/coaching staff. I truly think that his presence would materially affect the OL, which would have opened up both the passing game and the running game, and kept TD healthier.

COVID may have affeted us more than other schools, as due to our talent, there is more of a drop off between starters and underclass backups. We can't reload. That gap is on the coaching staff, so no dodging of blame there, but it does give fan expectations a little room.

Yeah, I think he’s a good coach. Like every other coach in the last 20 or so years, he’s having trouble getting players here though. Hopefully the recent upgrades will help.

Pretty amazing that he actually went 10-3 here in year 3. Only 4 coaches have won 10 games in a season here.
Amen to that!

It's also why I'm so annoyed with the Dome exterior. I feel like a relatively small investment (covering up the rollercoaster) would lead to a HUGE percieved imporvement in facilities, which we desperately need. There are times to go cheap, and that isn't it. The cost-reward ratio is far too favorable.

EDIT: We probably also need to come up with some kind of wrap to go around the outside, as the walls will now clash with basicallyanything that we put on top due to a 40(!) year difference in age.

Can we stop with this new OC stuff. Was he not brought in because he runs dinos offense and has been a previous coach under dino? I have yet to see anything different this year then last except not throwing to the tight ends
Blocking assignments can be different
who calls the assignment could be different
nomenclature could be different
routes within play calls could be different
added plays to the offense

The emphasis was to teach to TD first...then Rex...now Rex is learning more and the freshmen who were given little exposure to the offense are learning it. They were running the other teams offense through September.
I am not saying that there might not be similarities but there are likely differences and it matters.
Lastly why the anger? To be clear there is not a single fan on this board that doesn’t want Cuse to win Unless they are trolling. Some of us view some factors differently then others. Guess what, we are not entirely right and those who view other things are not entirely right. Like everything, truth falls someplace in the middle somewhere. No need for everyone to be angry or defensive though. We all want the same thing.

(1) We can't afford it because of Dino's buy-out.
(2) The player revolt was over COVID testing protocols (or rather, lack of COVID testing), which Dino had no control over. You may recall that OUR players petitioned the ACC to do more testing, and require it of all member schools.

If we can't afford a buy out that is another story than saying 4-8 and he should stay. If we can't afford a buyout he can go 0-12 and survive.

How is wanting Covid protocols turmoil?

The roster is not a mess

I don't think anyone can argue that our QB Depth chart is a mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom