It may not be our worst loss in years | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It may not be our worst loss in years

They were rated 21 and 22 on KenPom the last two seasons. That’s very good. And they’re #6 on KenPom right now. They’re clearly on the upswing back into elite territory. I know you hate Hurley, I do too (he’s trash), but he’s done what he had to do there to resurrect recruiting and get them back on track.
UConn has always played an Aggressive brand of ball. I remember back in the days when the big east was basically a dump and chase hockey game complete with goons, UConn was the one team besides SU that could succeed playing that style but then still be able to go out of conference and put up 90 points playing a speed / finesse style

UConn hasn’t been mediocre. They’ve been relevant nearly every year for the past three or four years, easily among the top 25 or 30 teams in the country. Hurley’s a spastic douche but he’s done a really good job rebuilding that program and their recruiting.
He‘s had 70 wins in the first 4 years with zero tourney wins. We have won 72 in the same time period. Nobody here would be happy with that resume. He was in the top 25 for two weeks before last season.

Last edited:
The home crowds so far have looked like exhibition crowds. Terrible.

Place looks awful when there’s nobody there.
Regarding low attendance-
After a few years not attending because of the issues well-documented here, excitement about the Hak/Gmac 20yr celebration at the 3/04 game resulted in me and the family buying a bunch of tickets ASAP on Sunday.
Figured seats would go fast for a chance to see and celebrate the 2003 champs who should all be there-
Seat map hasn't changed much, which speaks volumes.
Also makes me feel stupid thinking we had to act fast.

Baylor won a national title doing exactly that.

Huh? That's not true at all. They had a few guys that transferred in the traditional way and sat out the 2019-20 season before playing the championship year, giving them a full year in the program and time to practice, get acquainted with teammates and figure out their roles. They didn't have anyone on their roster that utilized the new transfer portal that does not require sitting out a year. That's comparing apples to oranges.

He‘s had 70 wins in the first 4 years with zero tourney wins. We have won 72 in the same time period. Nobody here would be happy with that resume. He was in the top 25 for two weeks before last season.
They've been ranked for the majority of the past 3 seasons. Keep in mind he inherited an absolute dumpster fire from Ollie and didn't clean house. This is his first year with all of his players and they're loaded.

They've been ranked for the majority of the past 3 seasons. Keep in mind he inherited an absolute dumpster fire from Ollie and didn't clean house. This is his first year with all of his players and they're loaded.
I don't get why our own fans are exaggerating Hurley's success. They were ranked exactly two weeks two years ago. Last year they were in and out of the top 25 and lost in the first round. Again it does not take 5 years to rebuild a power program. 70-47 in 4 years vs our 72-55. This year they are good soo far. I did not say anything about this year, but you are exaggerating what Hurley has done before this season. If you don't believe me look at CBB reference.

I want to be better than what Hurley has done at UConn.

This is false.

I don't get why our own fans are exaggerating Hurley's success. They were ranked exactly two weeks two years ago. Last year they were in and out of the top 25 and lost in the first round. Again it does not take 5 years to rebuild a power program. 70-47 in 4 years vs our 72-55. This year they are good soo far. I did not say anything about this year, but you are exaggerating what Hurley has done before this season. If you don't believe me look at CBB reference.

Right, Hurley has been a slow build

Recent impressive turnarounds are Oats at Alabama, Musselman at Ark

Beard at Texas, Woodson at IU, Otzelberger at ISU also appear to be quicker turnarounds

Because they are ranked and we stuck in a downward spiral