IthacaMatt Says ... | Syracusefan.com

IthacaMatt Says ...

IthacaMatt

Old Timer / Unofficial Contributor for 25+ years
Lots of stuff to like tonight. Here are my scattershot impressions.

I really like that Red started Lucas Taylor, and broke any expectations with his first few rotations.

My thoughts - I was disappointed that McLeod didn't play at all until only 10 minutes left. Doesn't seem ready for more than 10 minutes, although I thought he did pretty well

Carlos seems indispensable. Assists, nice pull up game, great job.

Freeman reminds me of a Jerami Grant kind of player.
Eddie was very solid.

Starling fouled too much on defense but otherwise had a very good game. Got to the rim. Chris Bell did good things, very happy with his game.

Moore is a big guard. I think he'll be a better version of Judah. Lucas Taylor was OK, and he has plenty of time to get his feet, but he didn't grab the opportunity tonight, IMO.

Petar was really good. He and Davis, he and Eddie, he and Freeman, all of those groups are "enough" to defend the inside and rebound for a 4 minute stretch. That's something we learned tonight.

I haven't seen a box score yet, but boy that was fun

Let me add that I was mostly disappointed that we didn't see more from Kyle Cuffe.

I have a feeling as the season goes on and the rotation slims down, Cuffe will be the guard that doesn’t see much playing time.

There will be probably six or eight games for guys to secure their place in the rotation. Not a good debut for Kyle tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom