It's after 3:30 a.m... | Syracusefan.com

It's after 3:30 a.m...

cto

Administrator
...and I am finally back in my hotel room. I will probably post more tomorrow, but I want to say just one thing tonight.

Following the game, hundreds of fans gathered in the lobby bar in the team hotel, just as they did in New Orleans ten years ago, but obviously the mood was very different. At 2 am, after returning from dinner with his family, JB showed up in the lobby. He spent as much time with every fan as each fan wanted to spend with him. He answered the same questions over and over again, and accommated every photo request. It was just amazing. And very touching. His frequent comments about how much he loves and appreciates the SU fan base are so genuine. I can't imagine any other coach doing what he did after such a difficult loss.

Great story to read before I hit the hay cto. JB did a great job this year and I'm glad the folks at the hotel appreciated it even if we have a few clowns here who were ready to begin bashing as soon as the final horn sounded. Let's Go JB and Let's Go Orange!

Many non Syracuse fans and even some Syracuse fans forget that JB is a nice guy. Glad to hear he took the time to acknowledge the great fans who supported the team in Atlanta. Its a rough situation after that ending but he knows who butters his bread and doesn't forget.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for sharing this CTO. And thanks also for being the ambassador for Syracuse basketball that YOU are.

Thanks for sharing this CTO. And thanks also for being the ambassador for Syracuse basketball that YOU are.
Only one problem with this post, doesn't mentioning anything about Georgetown sucking

Only one problem with this post, doesn't mentioning anything about Georgetown sucking

CTO is way to classy to stoop so low...but I certainly am NOT:...and Georgetown still sucks!

Thanks for the post CTO. It is always great to get such great anecdotes and color!

CTO - do you mind if I share your comments elsewhere? This is the sort of classy act that rarely gets publicized - only the negatives. I could paraphrase, but your words are perfectly written.

Thanks for keeping those of us who will never be "connected" in the know.

Like most here, I don't know Syracuse basketball without him, it's gonna be tough when he's gone.

His press conferences alone are worth millions.

An absolute treasure.

You all know my teams, here's my personal Top Coaches List:

1. James Arthur Boeheim
2. Bill Parcells
3. Tom Coughlin
4. Joe Torre
5. Coach Mac
6. Billy Martin
7. Coach P
8. Mike Keenan
9. Joe Girardi
10. Jeff VanGundy

11. Mike Woodson. I really like him for some reason, maybe it's because Boomer & Carton play Funky Cole Medina before a clip, but I think he wins here.

I could flip 6 & 7, but I'd rather drink with Billy than P.

JB is a God. Don't let him ever retire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom