It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are

I don't think JB like either of them. Especially after the way Danny acted during the MSG game a few years back. Total idiot.

No it isn't -- he's a lousy coach. VCU exposed how to defend us, and to not enable our team of shooters to get on track. Any coach worth their salt would have utilized that same blueprint and attacked us with full court pressure.

Bobby Hurley didn't. Because he's a lousy coach. And so is his brother.

Lousy is fair. I would personally reserve PoS for those who knowingly cheat or abuse their players. That’s just me.

Did you see at the end of game JB and BH just kind of walked past each other with sort of a low five no words no exchange of pleasantry? Is that due to COVID to be distancing or do they no like each other? Did they have a pregame huddle?
He’s still pissed how we oop dunked against Duke off the opening tip

My lord the athletes

Last edited:
No it isn't -- he's a lousy coach. VCU exposed how to defend us, and to not enable our team of shooters to get on track. Any coach worth their salt would have utilized that same blueprint and attacked us with full court pressure.

Bobby Hurley didn't. Because he's a lousy coach. And so is his brother.

Yeah, after the VCU game, I expected to see the press to start the game the rest of the season.

I remember their father was some sort of legendary HS coach.

I wonder if he was a clown on the sidelines as well and that is where they are getting it from.
Or do they cause him shame with their antics?
No he was hard on his players but never acted anything like his kids.

JB doesn’t suffer fools well: of course he doesn’t like the whinny fool brothers!

He’s still pissed how we oop dunked against Duke off the opening tip

My lord the athletes

Did you see how much each team was averaging early in the season. Duke was averaging 111 ppg and we were averaging 94 ppg. That was with a 45 second shot clock and teams utilizing the 3 much less. Such fun basketball. Oh, and what defense did we start the game with?

Did you see how much each team was averaging early in the season. Duke was averaging 111 ppg and we were averaging 94 ppg. That was with a 45 second shot clock and teams utilizing the 3 much less. Such fun basketball. Oh, and what defense did we start the game with?
Bill Raf said at the beginning, “everyone forgets about Syracuse that they play pretty good man to man defense.” Also, it was #1 vs #6! Those were the days.

Far be it for me to defend either Hurley. Didn't like either as players and they are both worse as coaches. Danny in particular is a clown. But if my team had just shot 9 free throws in a game and the other team shot 41 I'd probably said something as I walked off the floor too. It's really the way these 2 act, not necessarily what they do. Some of it is both. At the end of the day $20,000 to the conference scholarship fund and a day off seems appropriate.

That is a ridiculous video
Our entire starting 5 played in the NBA and 4 of them were first round draft picks. The only one who wasn't a 1st round pick may have been the best athlete, Stevie Thompson. I know it was a long time ago and things change, but that is quite a contrast to the athleticism, or lack of, we have now.

It was amusing watching Bobby Hurley try to guard Stevie. Stevie must have been licking his chops. Then I realized that is how most of our opponents probably feel when they realize Joe and Buddy are going to check them.

Our entire starting 5 played in the NBA and 4 of them were first round draft picks. The only one who wasn't a 1st round pick may have been the best athlete, Stevie Thompson. I know it was a long time ago and things change, but that is quite a contrast to the athleticism, or lack of, we have now.

The contrast is true for any team in college today. There is nothing approaching this in todays game anywhere! Even if there was, you’d have the Derrick Colemans of the world trying to shoot threes or some nonsense.

Free throws were 41 to 9. Not knowing exactly what he said, I can't blame him.

The contrast is true for any team in college today. There is nothing approaching this in todays game anywhere! Even if there was, you’d have the Derrick Colemans of the world trying to shoot threes or some nonsense.
Derrick Coleman did shoot 3s. He averaged 1.4 a game for his nba career.

and 41 at SU in 89-90 at a time when no big man shot 3s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom