It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

It's amazing what POS coaches both Hurley brothers are

Most people, if they recognize it soon enough, can get out and try something else. 2001 Undoubtedly, due to circumstances often beyond their control, some are stuck.
My wife has evolved to hating her current job, but hasn't done anything about it. That's on her.
Most people?

Talk about letting your privilege shine.

Most people, if they recognize it soon enough, can get out and try something else. 2001 Undoubtedly, due to circumstances often beyond their control, some are stuck.
My wife has evolved to hating her current job, but hasn't done anything about it. That's on her.
I disagree. I don't think it's possible for most. There are a certain number of jobs in each field. There will always be competition for the most sought after jobs. Someone will lose out. The menial but necessary jobs outnumber the attractive jobs. And the realistic fact is, not everyone is capable of doing just any job for a number of reasons, be it educational opportunity, intelligence level, physical limitation, etc. There will always be jobs done by people that do them because they have to, not because they want to. I'm someone that has worked in two completely different fields and currently has a job working with people across a wide variety of demographics. I'm fortunate that I was able to make a change about 10 years ago that is better for my life, even if I still don't love what I do. And I think my current career has allowed me to have insight that I lacked years ago. I'm glad you apparently have a career you enjoy.

I believe Bob Hurley is in the Basketball HOF.
i agree . sheet can every coach disciplined by the NCAA .bobby hurley was suspended what 2 games? and fined 20k by the NCAA. what we got ? don't throw stones when we got a two timer.

Last edited:
i agree . sheet can every coach disciplined by the NCAA .bobby hurley was suspended what 2 games? and fined 20k by the NCAA. what we got ? don't throw stones when we got a two timer.
Bobby Hurley has never won squat, and Boeheim booted him from the tournament a few years ago.

Most people?

Talk about letting your privilege shine.
Dude, use trite, meaningless buzzwords much?

Between the two of us I am probably the only one who has faced foreclosure. I've gone without paychecks for weeks so I could pay others. I was the sole support for six people, for 10 years. Even with that, 8 years ago, in my 50s, I decided to change my job, change my office and hired different staff. I was willing to risk what little we had to reach my goals.

There are very few people can't leave job A to move to job B. Money is usually not the reason. Recent studies show people who change jobs average about 10% raises with each move. Look at all of the people who have simply elected not to work at all.

What happens is that people say they want to change but they find reasons why not.
I won't have as much vacation. I have to start at the bottom. It's a longer drive.

Being unable to change jobs is different than being unwilling. Fear of change is real. Staying and complaining are more comfortable than change.

(Again, there are no absolutes, and I know that changes, especially to health, can reduce or eliminate options.)

Dude, use trite, meaningless buzzwords much?

Between the two of us I am probably the only one who has faced foreclosure. I've gone without paychecks for weeks so I could pay others. I was the sole support for six people, for 10 years. Even with that, 8 years ago, in my 50s, I decided to change my job, change my office and hired different staff. I was willing to risk what little we had to reach my goals.

There are very few people can't leave job A to move to job B. Money is usually not the reason. Recent studies show people who change jobs average about 10% raises with each move. Look at all of the people who have simply elected not to work at all.

What happens is that people say they want to change but they find reasons why not.
I won't have as much vacation. I have to start at the bottom. It's a longer drive.

Being unable to change jobs is different than being unwilling. Fear of change is real. Staying and complaining are more comfortable than change.

(Again, there are no absolutes, and I know that changes, especially to health, can reduce or eliminate options.)
You’re letting your own experiences shade your perception of what most people can or can’t do. Good for you and your path. Just don’t think that ‘most people’ can do the same. I can, and have, but that leap of faith was made much easier by having a wife with a good job with benefits that gave me the small sense of security to be able to move forward with my own gig. Not everyone has that second income, plus healthcare benefits, that I had.

All I’m asking of you is to realize that your experience isn’t the norm.

You’re letting your own experiences shade your perception of what most people can or can’t do. Good for you and your path. Just don’t think that ‘most people’ can do the same. I can, and have, but that leap of faith was made much easier by having a wife with a good job with benefits that gave me the small sense of security to be able to move forward with my own gig. Not everyone has that second income, plus healthcare benefits, that I had.

All I’m asking of you is to realize that your experience isn’t the norm.

Well said.

JB is 100x any coach. Never complains. Loses with grace. Keeps name out of the news. That's why we love guy, am I right? Guy represents Syracuse. Hurley was my leader for replacing JB when he retires from his post, but now have lost all respect for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom