It's flipping time | Syracusefan.com

It's flipping time

I agree. Let's go all Homer Simpson on these recruits.

tumblr_maklr2l6Sr1rfugzno1_400.gif

This new staff has some SERIOUS recruiters.. I can not wait to not only finish this year, but to move into the spring and fall and start getting commits in class of '14. We will do some damage.

Can we please have a Junior Day when Louisville comes to town?

Frankly, I'm just excited that there is noise being made by Syracuse on the recruiting trail. It has been a while outside of a few certain athletes we tried to sign but lost out on. Now it's a balls to the wall approach at getting recruits and I'm hoping it goes a long way. For 4 years every bitches about not making any noise with good recruits and how our classes have been underwhelming but now, withing the first couple days, we are already out offering players who are verballed elsewhere and trying to solidifying our commits from the previous regime. Zack Allen is unfortunate but he is one player and I wish him all the best, he's going to need it at TCU. There were going to be casualties, I'm already assuming Edwards is gone too. Life goes on, Allen and others decommitting will not be a dagger for our program. It's time to try and get even better recruits in the upcoming years.

All I know is I was chastised in chat a week ago suggesting it was probably better that we open up the coaching job...four coaches and pair tree later it still remains to be seen whether or not this was a good move. I know that the one guy I didn't want leaving left zach Allen. Given our qb situation next year I couldn't think of a more important position for us.

All I know is I was chastised in chat a week ago suggesting it was probably better that we open up the coaching job...four coaches and pair tree later it still remains to be seen whether or not this was a good move. I know that the one guy I didn't want leaving left zach Allen. Given our qb situation next year I couldn't think of a more important position for us.
Zach left because Hack left (ostensibly) but would have left anyway while a coaching search was underway. He enrolled at TCU this week. We would still be conducting interviews.

We've seriously got some great kids that we're looking at. I can only imagine what next year would look like when our staff has a full year to recruit.

We are excited for an Old Dominion recruit that was passed over by SU once? I don't understand.

who knows, maybe he's this sagas bruce williams. obviously somebody still on staff liked him more than somebody who's now gone. we'll see, scissum might end up at prep school.

To many on this board, a kid flipping means he is a quitter.

who knows, maybe he's this sagas bruce williams. obviously somebody still on staff liked him more than somebody who's now gone. we'll see, scissum might end up at prep school.
Are you sure? I thought I read that he is a great kid from a great family and grades weren't an issue.

holy crap - Marrone got Greg Adkins on the staff - he's already got David Oku coming in for a visit - recruiting is about to blow up!!!

(Oku is the top all purpose RB in the country - they should just offer him #44 and it's a done deal)

holy crap - Marrone got Greg Adkins on the staff - he's already got David Oku coming in for a visit - recruiting is about to blow up!!!

(Oku is the top all purpose RB in the country - they should just offer him #44 and it's a done deal)
44 doesn't mean to most kids.

I thought David Oku was a back a couple years back that chose Tennessee over us?

I still believe Oku would have played a lot for us.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You say it remains to be seen whether or not hiring Shafer was a good move?? How in the HE double Hockey sticks are we going to know 5 days after he was officially hired?

Is he supposed to com down from a Mountain with tablets and 5 star recruit names on them that have committed. What are you expecting?

We won't know until the assistants are officially hired and the product is on the field next year...and guess what, we still might not know then. Just like we didn't know 5 days after Gerg was hired or 5 days after Marrone was hired.

Is he supposed to com down from a Mountain with tablets (??) and 5 star recruit names on them that have committed. What are you expecting?

Lay off the stars. It's not good for your health, and referencing your post above, it may be starting to show.

Lay off the stars. It's not good for your health, and referencing your post above, it may be starting to show.

People expect instant results as if he were Moses, hence the tablet comment. Like fans will get a sign from a higher power telling them that he is the man.

I personally don't care about stars as evidenced by every recruiting class under Marrone was rated last in the big east or close to last.

Seemed to work out pretty well.

All of this questioning of the people in charge who are experienced at what they do by people who know very little about what they do. Let them do their jobs, sit back and relax I think it is going to be fun.

I thought David Oku was a back a couple years back that chose Tennessee over us?
yes he was - was a comment on people getting over excited about a great recruiting assistant being added to the staff and contacting high-profile recruits of their former employer.

for the kids that don't have a ton of other big-time offers this may work out great - but I'm taking a wait and see attitude on the kids with offers from all the big boys. They can love these coaches all they want, but they're going to need to see some sustained success on the field before they start turning down the SEC and Big 10 powers to join these great recruiters at Syracuse (IMO).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom