It's flipping time | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's flipping time

yes he was - was a comment on people getting over excited about a great recruiting assistant being added to the staff and contacting high-profile recruits of their former employer.

for the kids that don't have a ton of other big-time offers this may work out great - but I'm taking a wait and see attitude on the kids with offers from all the big boys. They can love these coaches all they want, but they're going to need to see some sustained success on the field before they start turning down the SEC and Big 10 powers to join these great recruiters at Syracuse (IMO).

For sure. But maybe we get a bump in the average of our recruits because we have better recruiters. Plus, we've been saying - maybe it just takes one - and some success and we've got some serious momentum.

61245562.jpg

The best news I've heard so far is that the vault at St. Thomas Aquinas has been opened up again. Rocco Casullo has a great relationship with HCSS and respects him.

4_467570.jpg

QB John O' Korn 6-3 210

If we can flip O' Korn it will take the sting out of losing Allen. Who knows, that could open a pipeline to STA. It doesn't hurt that George McDonald is a Florida recruiting maven.

33648171-251e-e211-b4bb-002655e6c126_original.jpg

I like that O' Korn has played against 7A level talent & won the state championship in that division. He also had two 8A wins against top four teams.

Could DM leaving lend to the old adage, when one door closes another one opens? I'm beginning to think it is entirely possible. The next three weeks will give us some clues.

Could DM leaving lend to the old adage, when one door closes another one opens? I'm beginning to think it is entirely possible. The next three weeks will give us some clues.

Great point.

holy crap - Marrone got Greg Adkins on the staff - he's already got David Oku coming in for a visit - recruiting is about to blow up!!!

(Oku is the top all purpose RB in the country - they should just offer him #44 and it's a done deal)

This post is awesome. I like that they retained shafer and think he'll do a nice job. Sounds like he has some nice staff members coming on board. Hope we see some quick results recruiting. But these boards are too funny.

Is OKorn a strictly pocket passer or does he also run ?
From the videos I've watched, he looks more like an opportunistic runner. He's a good enough athlete to make a play when things break down, but not someone to call up designed runs for.

From the videos I've watched, he looks more like an opportunistic runner. He's a good enough athlete to make a play when things break down, but not someone to call up designed runs for.
So in other words, think Ryan Nassib.

Can anyone put a short summary together on what we know and what is a rumor? We are all over the place, not to be unexpected I guess, and would be great having the latest we know in an update.

Is OKorn a strictly pocket passer or does he also run ?

He runs a lot and does so well. Stays in the pocket a lot in these highlights with some runs out of the pocket straight ahead and roll right passing.

FYI Mojo - it was Stan Drayton. ;)
shoot - you're right - would've been an even more appropriate analogy too :mad:

this is why Shafe needs to hold onto these assistants for a few years now - Drayton did seem to be making some quality inroads for SU down in Florida before jumping ship so quickly

So in other words, think Ryan Nassib.
I think he's got better speed than Ryan. I watched the videos again and there were more designed runs than I remembered. I'm just not sure if he's going to be fast enough to run like he did in the videos when he gets to the D1 level. He runs a 4.97 40, FWIW.

much better runner then Nassib. Doesn't have the same cannon, but puts much better touch on his ball. I love his size. Would be saying Zach who if we can land this kid.

To many on this board, a kid flipping means he is a quitter.
Only if he leaves SU. Those are the same people who thought it was great that DM left the Saints in season to take the SU job, but damn him for taking an NFL HC job.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Is this "O'Korn Flip" all pure speculation or is there some real smoke to this?

When I look at his recruiting profiles on the other sites, it looks a bit odd:

Houston- Verbal

Additional Offers from:
North Carolina
South Florida
Syracuse
UCF
Wisconsin

Schools visited or camped at from above: NONE (odd, at this stage of the game)

I can't imagine he'd be committed to any school he has not visited (although stranger things happen).

Maybe the commitment is just window dressing for a guy who knows he has a year of Prep School ahead of him?

...Or maybe the recruiting sites visits info. on him is not accurate/updated (I would not have a hard time believing that)

Is this "O'Korn Flip" all pure speculation or is their some real smoke to this?

Houston- Verbal

Additional Offers from:
North Carolina
South Florida
Syracuse
UCF
Wisconsin

I can't imagine he'd be committed to any school he has not visited (although stranger things happen).

Maybe the commitment is just window dressing for a guy who knows he has a year of Prep School ahead of him?

...Or maybe the recruiting sites visits info. on him is not accurate/updated (I would not have a hard time believing that)
Is this "O'Korn Flip" all pure speculation or is their some real smoke to this?

Houston- Verbal

Additional Offers from:
North Carolina
South Florida
Syracuse
UCF
Wisconsin
Pure speculation and wishful thinking by those still in Doug denial.couchburn

Only if he leaves SU. Those are the same people who thought it was great that DM left the Saints in season to take the SU job, but damn him for taking an NFL HC job.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

You keep twisting it around. Not mad he left but pretty crappy the way he did it.

Whish you would have started this thread with "Flipmode Squad"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All I know is I was chastised in chat a week ago suggesting it was probably better that we open up the coaching job...four coaches and pair tree later it still remains to be seen whether or not this was a good move. I know that the one guy I didn't want leaving left zach Allen. Given our qb situation next year I couldn't think of a more important position for us.
Consider the chastisement still in effect.

Can't wait to see the magic this staff pulls over the next few weeks. I LOVE what I'm hearing so far.

The next chapter of Syracuse Football has officially begun...

What are you hearing?

I just don't see much positive so far..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom