It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I'll be back in four months (if I live that long...ha!) to start another season-long thread, Ryan. Mind-boggling, but it'll be LeBron's 15th season.

Looking forward to Warriors-Cavs IV.

No reason to disappear. You can always join us and talk about the Orange on the occasional insanity that is the basketball and basketball recruiting boards :)

Kevin Love finally lost his first post season series as a player in his career.

If Kerr retires that job will be the hottest coaching job in the NBA. I would guess they wouldn't hire Mike Brown. Luke Walton would have gotten it but he went to LA.

No reason to disappear. You can always join us and talk about the Orange on the occasional insanity that is the basketball and basketball recruiting boards :)
He doesn't post on the SU hoops board, We gotta get that to happen

If Kerr retires that job will be the hottest coaching job in the NBA. I would guess they wouldn't hire Mike Brown. Luke Walton would have gotten it but he went to LA.
Hmm, that would be interesting. I almost think they'd have to hire Brown. Wouldn't you want to make the least disruptive move possible with the roster they have?

I think Walton would come back.

Hmm, that would be interesting. I almost think they'd have to hire Brown. Wouldn't you want to make the least disruptive move possible with the roster they have?

Oh man, that's a tough call. Brown has just been generally underwhelming. And you've got the best coaching job in the league.

I guess the question is; who is the hot coaching name right now that you could conceivably get. Walton, I guess, but do the Lakers let him go?
Is there a hot assistant?

Oh man, that's a tough call. Brown has just been generally underwhelming. And you've got the best coaching job in the league.

I guess the question is; who is the hot coaching name right now that you could conceivably get. Walton, I guess, but do the Lakers let him go?

Does it really matter? Lol. I could coach that team and they'll still win over 60 games and make the finals

Does it really matter? Lol. I could coach that team and they'll still win over 60 games and make the finals
This is how I feel about Ty Lue. He is a good coach I am sure. However it always looks like he is standing like a statue and blank stare. He has LeBron so it's like do your thing man.
I judge a good guy coach by how their teams do out of timeouts at executing a play.
Tom Izzo in college is the best at this in the college game.
Brad Stevens does it well in the NBA.

Would Walton just quit on the Lakers? I mean, there's no way the Lakers just let him walk.

I'm not a Mike Brown fan. I was worried about him screwing things up for the Warriors this postseason. But I think with that core the Warriors kinda coach themselves to a certain extent and so the continuity hire could be the smart play. Do you want a bright person coming in and trying a bunch of stuff and risk disrupting a working formula?

This is how I feel about Ty Lue. He is a good coach I am sure. However it always looks like he is standing like a statue and blank stare. He has LeBron so it's like do your thing man.
I judge a good guy coach by how their teams do out of timeouts at executing a play.
Yeah, I don't think Lue is all that good either.

Still blows my mind that only a handful of head coaches have rings... and he's one of them.

Would Walton just quit on the Lakers? I mean, there's no way the Lakers just let him walk.

I'm not a Mike Brown fan. I was worried about him screwing things up for the Warriors this postseason. But I think with that core the Warriors kinda coach themselves to a certain extent and so the continuity hire could be the smart play. Do you want a bright person coming in and trying a bunch of stuff and risk disrupting a working formula?

Yeah I would have to imagine the Lakers would want some pretty serious compensation. I get the continuity argument; I would imagine any coach coming in would see the Warriors have a pretty good thing going and would try and keep the same system in place, but I underestimate the ego of a lot of NBA coaches, I'm sure.

Sounds like this discussion is all hypothetical though

Yeah I would have to imagine the Lakers would want some pretty serious compensation. I get the continuity argument; I would imagine any coach coming in would see the Warriors have a pretty good thing going and would try and keep the same system in place, but I underestimate the ego of a lot of NBA coaches, I'm sure.

Sounds like this discussion is all hypothetical though
Doc Rivers had 4 years 20 million left from Boston when he went to the Clippers.

The Clippers gave one unprotected draft pick to sign him away.

So maybe the Warriors would have to give 2 to get Walton.

Doc Rivers had 4 years 20 million left from Boston when he went to the Clippers.

The Clippers gave one unprotected draft pick to sign him away.

So maybe the Warriors would have to give 2 to get Walton.

Probably not exactly the same though; that team was at the end of it's run, they didn't think Rivers would be a good coach for a rebuilding team. The Lakers hired Walton to navigate them through the rebuilding process. But maybe 2 firsts gets you in the discussion? I dunno, i could see it

I stopped watching the game after the first half. The refs swallowed the whistle on what would have been Durant's third foul when LeBron dunked on him. That spurred Golden State's 27-4 run. Between the NHL and the NBA, I don't know which league has the worse officials. Both calls, or in this case a non-call, changed the entire game.

I'm good on the NBA after this series.

I stopped watching the game after the first half. The refs swallowed the whistle on what would have been Durant's third foul when LeBron dunked on him. That spurred Golden State's 27-4 run. Between the NHL and the NBA, I don't know which league has the worse officials. Both calls, or in this case a non-call, changed the entire game.

Durant hit LeBron in the face. Clear foul. Would've been his third. Game-changer. But that's show biz...and life.

I'll be back in four months (if I live that long...ha!) to start another season-long thread, Ryan. Mind-boggling, but it'll be LeBron's 15th season.

Looking forward to Warriors-Cavs IV.

Don't even joke around about that!

Be well, my friend --and stay thirsty this summer!!!

Therein lies the problem [or TWO problems].

One, NBA officiating is not just inconsistent, but it has always been preferential to the home team in the playoffs. Sometimes egregiously so.

Two, if the refs hadn't gotten so whistle happy in the first half, saddling a number of the key players with numerous fouls, then maybe the second half could have been called more evenly and a non-call here and there wouldn't have such a potentially enormous impact. Nobody wants to see what happened during the college final game happen in an elimination game, with the season hanging on the line. And yet...

Yeah UNC didn't get any calls against Gonzaga in the National Title game.

Syracuse wasn't screwed against OSU and Michigan.

The Cavs had four possessions (three in a row, I believe) in like the lats two minutes where they got zero points. They lost that game by 9. While I don't think they would have won, if they had Pop, I'm guessing that is a one possession game at the end.