It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 128 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I'm dropping four-lettered words that Syracusefan.com will not allow right now. Dan Gilbert's an idiot -- a filthy rich idiot. He supposedly, from what I've read, doesn't like to pay for gm's, figures others in the front office can move up through the ranks. He's also supposedly super hands-on. I almost can't wait to see the short-sighted schmuck squirm and sweat when LBJ heads to the Lakers.

he already has a GM in waiting

lebron-james.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking.

It's smart business for bosses to consult with employees before making hires or moves. I was some schmuck newspaper editor, second in command, and while the top dogg and publisher/owner didn't always follow my input on hires or fires, my input was always sought. And I ain't no top 10 all-time best journalist (top 100 maybe, I may sneak in at No. 99).

Did LeBron sign off on acquiring JR, e.g.? Of course, only makes sense. Is he the gm? Please.

Gilbert is a zillionaire who does what he wants -- including getting down on his knees to pleasure LeBron to beg him to come back after trashing him several years earlier. LeBron's family didn't want him to go back to working for that a-hole. It's a business arrangement for LeBron and, from all I read, he's no Gilbert fan.

I'd like to see LeBron end his career in Cleveland, but I'll get some pleasure out of seeing him go to the Lakers in two years for the final chapter. And I'll be a Lakers fan.

It's smart business for bosses to consult with employees before making hires or moves. I was some schmuck newspaper editor, second in command, and while the top dogg and publisher/owner didn't always follow my input on hires or fires, my input was always sought. And I ain't no top 10 all-time best journalist (top 100 maybe, I may sneak in at No. 99).

Did LeBron sign off on acquiring JR, e.g.? Of course, only makes sense. Is he the gm? Please.

Gilbert is a zillionaire who does what he wants -- including getting down on his knees to pleasure LeBron to beg him to come back after trashing him several years earlier. LeBron's family didn't want him to go back to working for that a-hole. It's a business arrangement for LeBron and, from all I read, he's no Gilbert fan.

I'd like to see LeBron end his career in Cleveland, but I'll get some pleasure out of seeing him go to the Lakers in two years for the final chapter. And I'll be a Lakers fan.

I didn't intend to imply he's already acting in that role (and at the same time poke the bear that is fireball...). I just thought he'd like the challenge. To see if he could do what he's been accused of for years.

I didn't intend to imply he's already acting in that role (and at the same time poke the bear that is fireball...). I just thought he'd like the challenge. To see if he could do what he's been accused of for years.

FBJ's no bear (although I'm hirsute). More like a cub.

Lebron, PG, and Russ...let's get them all in Laker gold by 2020!

Dan Gilbert is Daniel Synder with a championship.

That dude is a moron for how passive aggressive he is fighting with LeBron James. Please LeBron go West and leave the East for Boston, Philly, Miami.

How the heck do the Lakers fit Paul George and LeBron James under the cap.

The team has 48 million committed to Mozgov/Deng/Clarkson.

There young players will take up 20 million.

There is no way the Lakers could fit LeBron and George under the cap at their maxes.

How the heck do the Lakers fit Paul George and LeBron James under the cap.

The team has 48 million committed to Mozgov/Deng/Clarkson.

There young players will take up 20 million.

There is no way the Lakers could fit LeBron and George under the cap at their maxes.

There's also no way LeBron goes there if Mozgov/Deng/Clarkson are still there. Obviously the Lakers have some moves to make.

There's also no way LeBron goes there if Mozgov/Deng/Clarkson are still there. Obviously the Lakers have some moves to make.
What team would help the Lakers take those contracts for what would probably be low first round picks if LeBron went there.

Ingram and the 2nd pick wouldn't be moved either. Randle's rights would likely be renounced as well. I don't see how Lakers can add George and James.

What team would help the Lakers take those contracts for what would probably be low first round picks if LeBron went there.

Ingram and the 2nd pick wouldn't be moved either. Randle's rights would likely be renounced as well. I don't see how Lakers can add George and James.

I think they could probably find a taker for Clarkson without attaching anything.

With Mozgov and Deng, they'd have to attach DeAngelo, Randle, Nance, Zubac, or future picks. A team like Brooklyn could easily go for it given their cap space. Attach the right guy (DeAngelo maybe) and you could probably get a lot of teams to take one of those contracts.

Dallas took Bogut from the Warriors just this past summer to facilitate the Durant signing.

So Phil is open to trading Porzingis. The only Knick fan I know happy about this would be Kaiser...

Dallas took Bogut from the Warriors just this past summer to facilitate the Durant signing.
Bogut could play as a defensive player.
Plus he had one year left and expiring contracts have value.

Deng/Mozgov have 3 years left. So it would still be 2 years next offseason.

So Phil is open to trading Porzingis. The only Knick fan I know happy about this would be Kaiser...
Obvious the only teams he could consider are Boston and Phoenix.

3rd pick and Crowder for Porzingis.
Or
4th pick and Bledsoe for Porzingis.

Philip takes Josh Jackson and a Markahan.

Obvious the only teams he could consider are Boston and Phoenix.

3rd pick and Crowder for Porzingis.
Or
4th pick and Bledsoe for Porzingis.

Philip takes Josh Jackson and a Markahan.

The Knicks are a terribly run organization, so you can never rule anything out, but that's not anywhere close to enough for KP.

So I'm sure that trade will happen soon enough.

Bogut could play as a defensive player.
Plus he had one year left and expiring contracts have value.

Deng/Mozgov have 3 years left. So it would still be 2 years next offseason.

My point was more last year you couldn't believe Dallas would do the Bogut deal and seal the path for Durant to GS. Teams will do a deal if they think it's beneficial to them.

So 3rd pick, the pick acquired from Philly and Crowder are on the table according to Brian Robb a source close to the Celtics.

He thinks the Knicks are holding out for Jaylen Brown over Crowder.

I would give the Ainge trade down from 1 to 3 a lot better if that pick goes to the Knicks for Porzingis.

So 3rd pick, the pick acquired from Philly and Crowder are on the table according to Brian Robb a source close to the Celtics.

He thinks the Knicks are holding out for Jaylen Brown over Crowder.

I would give the Ainge trade down from 1 to 3 a lot better if that pick goes to the Knicks for Porzingis.
if the Knicks trade KP for Crowder or Brown and the third pick i might just be done being a Knicks fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom