It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Can't take too much away from one game, but Kyrie really looks like he's ready to be a top 10 player in the league. Also, the Spurs are amazing in their ability to find bench players and maximize their value.

It will be interesting to see if Kyrie takes that next step. He's always been a lethal scorer when locked in and healthy. He should be well past his 2015 injury now. 3rd year with Lebron and the rest meaning the chemistry is there. Age wise he should be just entering his prime. This would seem to be his time to make the leap to an elite guard(in the Paul, Curry, Westbrook class) if he's going to make it. If not, there's certainly nothing wrong with what he's been up to this point.

Looking forward to checking out Toronto vs Detroit and Memphis vs Minnesota this evening. FYI, most providers have free NBA league pass this week.
and Clippers/Blazers on Thursday. The race for 3rd seed in the West is going to be intense this year (I'm assuming warriors & spurs get the top 2)

Looking forward to checking out Toronto vs Detroit and Memphis vs Minnesota this evening. FYI, most providers have free NBA league pass this week.

The first week league pass thing is so great. I love catching teams that I don't ever see much of but want to. Detroit and Minnesota are definitely two teams I'm intrigued by this year.

and Clippers/Blazers on Thursday. The race for 3rd seed in the West is going to be intense this year (I'm assuming warriors & spurs get the top 2)

I think the Clippers have potential to be that team that makes its run after most had kind of written them off as a team that would never get it done. Sort of like Dallas in 2011. The bench should be better than it was in the years they fell short. Starting 5 has been very good, they just were wrecked by injuries this past year. I think they've got a shot this year.

Portland should have a nice regular season. Lillard is one of my favorite players to watch.

Last edited:
Philly is fun to watch so far!

Embiid looks smooth. If they can pull off an Okafor or Noel trade(or both) for some legit guards, and Embiid stays healthy they will really have something.

Philly's finest right here. Westbrook's reaction was hilarious.

Embiid looks smooth. If they can pull off an Okafor or Noel trade(or both) for some legit guards, and Embiid stays healthy they will really have something.

Philly's finest right here. Westbrook's reaction was hilarious.
Haha! That guy is so angry lol. How does that even happen!?

Bucks looking exactly as I expect. Giannis is simply amazing, but with Middleton out for the year, this team will tank, and tank hard.

I feel bad for Anthony Davis. With Evans and Holiday, he's got a weak team around him. With those two injured, hes got nothing around him.

50 Pts, 16 reb., 5 assists, 7 steals, and 4 blocks. And they lost.
if there is any cosmic justice in basketball, the universe will clear a path for his exit from that backwater while he is still in his prime

did anyone have $$ on gbinije A) making the league and B) scoring his 1st 2 pts on 2-2 from the FT line??

now he makes FTs...

I think Kawhi Leonard is my favorite non-Melo NBA player.

There is no reason he won't be 1st or 2nd team all NBA, top 5 MVP top 5 DPOY for the foreseeable future.

Also, Tony Parker looks like he's going to end up coming off the bench before the year is over.

Rose and Noah both look good tonight. I may have been wrong.

Can't wait to talk myself into the Knicks getting a top four seed only to have my hopes deflated before the all star game.

I think Kawhi Leonard is my favorite non-Melo NBA player.

There is no reason he won't be 1st or 2nd team all NBA, top 5 MVP top 5 DPOY for the foreseeable future.
IMHO, he's been the 2nd best all-around player in the league for the last couple of years, and the perfect Spur - cut right from Duncan's mold, character-wise.

If Leonard is really going to score like this, my god.

My opinion is that Noah will likely be a good contributor when he plays. How much he plays remains to be seen. Rose, I'm still way down. He's shown some of the burst, but he's not really a passer (4 assists total in 2 games) and he can't finish like he used to. I feel like he'll show enough where you think he's 90% of the old Rose and then you look at the stats and he;s got a true shooting% below 50 without a lot of assists.

Did anyone else see Cousins foul out with 6 fouls himself in the 4th quarter? Pretty hilarious to watch it go down.

Did anyone else see Cousins foul out with 6 fouls himself in the 4th quarter? Pretty hilarious to watch it go down.

I'm sure Malachai had a blast watching that

maxresdefault.jpg