It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 56 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

I think people over-scrutinize Cleveland and under-scrutinize the rest of the East.

Consider this for Boston: the team's best player is a listed 5'10" and plays *horrible* defense and has to be on the floor for the final five minutes of a game.

I think they are a well-coached team and I think what IT does is amazing, but in a seven game series, all your deficiencies are exposed.

Just as important, IT is literally the only guy that can go get his own shot.

Just as important, IT is literally the only guy that can go get his own shot.

Funny thing is, some fans who are all into the stats but don't really know the game think that skill doesn't matter anymore.

Should've traded for Melo.

Funny thing is, some fans who are all into the stats but don't really know the game think that skill doesn't matter anymore.

Ball movement and shooting can do a lot, but you at least need someone that's capable of getting the defense off balance so that you can start swinging the ball. Without Isaiah on the floor, Boston doesn't have that. Even if they had just gotten someone like Lou Williams at the deadline, that probably would have helped a lot.

There's definitely a subset of fans who underrate shot creation, and a subset who overrate it.

They should have traded for Jimmy Butler or Paul George.

Yeah. I mean...we all know Cleveland is winning the East. I know why media pretends to know different...because they need something to talk about. But fans should all know better.

As much as I like Thomas(I used to draft him in fantasy every year and stew that Sacramento didn't use him better) and as good as he is, and as incredible of a season he's had, Jimmy Butler is the clearly the best overall player on either team. No question about that.

It's more likely than not that Cleveland wins the East, but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion like the past two years. If they end up playing Washington I think they can give them problems because they have multiple guys who can create and shoot. It's going to be a really high scoring series if it gets to that.

If it's Atlanta/Boston/Chicago or Milwaukee against them forget it. I think Toronto may have a slight chance as well.

As far as Boston goes, Al Horford looks really old this series.

It's more likely than not that Cleveland wins the East, but I don't think it's a forgone conclusion like the past two years. If they end up playing Washington I think they can give them problems because they have multiple guys who can create and shoot. It's going to be a really high scoring series if it gets to that.

If it's Atlanta/Boston/Chicago or Milwaukee against them forget it. I think Toronto may have a slight chance as well.

As far as Boston goes, Al Horford looks really old this series.

If Washington plays Cleveland, is Wall going to average like 28-14 for the entire series?

I had an argument with a guy who legitimately thought Kyle Korver was a better player than Melo.

Was he basing it on the all american teams in college where Korver got first over Melo getting 2nd? That was a joke, too.

Was he basing it on the all american teams in college where Korver got first over Melo getting 2nd? That was a joke, too.

It was on nerd stats and "efficiency" and all that stuff, lol. Zero understanding of the differences in responsibility they shoulder on the court, and the need for players that can create shots, draw doubles, draw extra defensive attention, etc.

It was on nerd stats and "efficiency" and all that stuff, lol. Zero understanding of the differences in responsibility they shoulder on the court, and the need for players that can create shots, draw doubles, draw extra defensive attention, etc.

It sucks too because advanced metrics (for lack of a better term, i guess it applies here) provide a hell of a lot of value, but you (rightfully) lose people when you make a point like that and it can almost invalidate anything else.

If Washington plays Cleveland, is Wall going to average like 28-14 for the entire series?

Maybe, but I think they still lose 4-1 in the series.

Love Wall. He's like Russ light.

I just don't think they have the chops to stay with Bron when he goes beast mode.

Maybe, but I think they still lose 4-1 in the series.

Love Wall. He's like Russ light.

I just don't think they have the chops to stay with Bron when he goes beast mode.

If they lose it's not going to be because of Lebron. He's put up nearly a triple double with Love/Kyrie playing really well through two games and their margin against an average Pacer team is still thin. I don't trust their defense.

If they lose it's not going to be because of Lebron. He's put up nearly a triple double with Love/Kyrie playing really well through two games and their margin against an average Pacer team is still thin. I don't trust their defense.

I don't trust their defense, either, but I just think all the other Eastern teams aren't that good, in terms of ceiling.

BTW, the Bucks might be my favorite team to watch in the playoffs. Fun team. Not scared of CLE, either.

Still don't feel great about the Bucks chances of upsetting the Raptors, but they've played much better than I expected so far. Hoping for the best.

Would the Bucks be better off with Parker? Probably, I wonder how much.

Also, I was having this debate with a buddy a few months back; is Monroe going to opt out? i said yes

Would the Bucks be better off with Parker? Probably, I wonder how much.

Also, I was having this debate with a buddy a few months back; is Monroe going to opt out? i said yes

Yes, the Bucks would for sure be better with Jabari. In the very least, it pushes Snell to a role off the bench and probably pushes Teletovic out of the rotation entirely. Both of those things would be very good for the Bucks. Add in the fact that Jabari is yet another terror in transition, is the best shot-creator on the team, etc. I'm guessing we'd try to hide him defensively on Carroll in this series. Hopefully he'll eventually learn the defensive rotations; that part would be a mess right now, but it's a mess once we make our first sub anyways.

Regarding Monroe, yeah, I assume he'll opt out. I think the Bucks will likely try to retain him though but we'll see. Snell is a RFA too so the Bucks have some decisions to make this offseason. We also have to wait and see if Hawes opts out of his deal.

Yes, the Bucks would for sure be better with Jabari. In the very least, it pushes Snell to a role off the bench and probably pushes Teletovic out of the rotation entirely. Both of those things would be very good for the Bucks. Add in the fact that Jabari is yet another terror in transition, is the best shot-creator on the team, etc. I'm guessing we'd try to hide him defensively on Carroll in this series. Hopefully he'll eventually learn the defensive rotations; that part would be a mess right now, but it's a mess once we make our first sub anyways.

Regarding Monroe, yeah, I assume he'll opt out. I think the Bucks will likely try to retain him though but we'll see. Snell is a RFA too so the Bucks have some decisions to make this offseason. We also have to wait and see if Hawes opts out of his deal.

yeah, I kinda forgot that Parker seemed to take a step forward this year before he got hurt. Added the three, increased usage, got turnovers. Injury is a killer.

He's now 2 got ACL injuries; and he's going to be due an extension after next year.

yeah, I kinda forgot that Parker seemed to take a step forward this year before he got hurt. Added the three, increased usage, got turnovers. Injury is a killer.

He's now 2 got ACL injuries; and he's going to be due an extension after next year.

Yup. We're going to be in quite the pickle when it comes time to re-sign him. I'm guessing we let him field offers on the market and match whatever he gets as a RFA; probably best to do that rather than fight over how much he should be worth post-injury.

76ers are gonna be in the same boat with Embiid.