It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin! | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

It's showtime -- let the (NBA) games begin!

Yup. We're going to be in quite the pickle when it comes time to re-sign him. I'm guessing we let him field offers on the market and match whatever he gets as a RFA; probably best to do that rather than fight over how much he should be worth post-injury.

76ers are gonna be in the same boat with Embiid.

Could they offer him a 5 year deal or no? (Just wondering; if he goes to RFA the most he can get is 4. Not sure they would want to give him 5 years, just asking)

Man, Embiid is going to be super tough. Its like there's no way you can let him leave, but you're also very likely to see him hurt for most of that contract.

Could they offer him a 5 year deal or no? (Just wondering; if he goes to RFA the most he can get is 4. Not sure they would want to give him 5 years, just asking)

Man, Embiid is going to be super tough. Its like there's no way you can let him leave, but you're also very likely to see him hurt for most of that contract.

I'm pretty sure we only gave Giannis 4 years so I believe the 5 year deal is still available.

Yeah you're right. That seems a little unwise, if I wee the Bucks I would want to do everything I could to keep him there as long as possible. That said, he hadn't completely broken out when they signed him (last September) but still.

Bucks discussed max contract with Giannis Antetokounmpo, who took less

I think the goal was to keep him at less than the max due to the uncertainty around the CBA at the time. If he had signed a max deal, it could have turned out to be worth far more than the Bucks had anticipated. I also don't think the Bucks are really afraid of him ever wanting to leave; Giannis has become really attached to the city of Milwaukee. Obviously that could change by the time his contract is up again, but the Bucks seem to be going in the right direction. We'll see though. I'd also guess they didn't want Giannis at 5 years and Jabari at 4 and have the potential of losing both the same year.

I think the goal was to keep him at less than the max due to the uncertainty around the CBA at the time. If he had signed a max deal, it could have turned out to be worth far more than the Bucks had anticipated. I also don't think the Bucks are really afraid of him ever wanting to leave; Giannis has become really attached to the city of Milwaukee. Obviously that could change by the time his contract is up again, but the Bucks seem to be going in the right direction. We'll see though. I'd also guess they didn't want Giannis at 5 years and Jabari at 4 and have the potential of losing both the same year.

The CBA point is fair, I guess. It definitely seems like Giannis isn't going anywhere, but like you said, a lot can happen, and I would just want to do anything I could to ensure he was signed for as long as possible. Probably won't end up being an issue.

Grant with a monster board and dunk!

Westbrook is murdering people tonight.

Grant playing really well.

17-43 for Russ. I know he got a triple double and had 51 points, but they won't win any games with his usage being that high.

They can complain about his teammates, but he gives them no shot to get into rhythm and I don't know how they are running any of Donovan's offense.

17-43 for Russ. I know he got a triple double and had 51 points, but they won't win any games with his usage being that high.

They can complain about his teammates, but he gives them no shot to get into rhythm and I don't know how they are running any of Donovan's offense.
Yea, he went hero ball after I posted that.

Their team doesn't make any sense. Ball dominant guard and no shooters..?

Yea, he went hero ball after I posted that.

Their team doesn't make any sense. Ball dominant guard and no shooters..?

To be fair, the team was mainly constructed around the idea of having Westbrook and Durant. But having said that, they made no attempt to fix their issues after Durant left/at the deadline. That front office has a ton of work to do.

That 4th quarter from Russ was probably among the worst single quarters a player has ever had. 3/17 in one quarter is just unfathomable. OKC had a real shot to win this one and he just completely fell apart in the last quarter.

Westbrook is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now because he's not a front runner who joins up with others he can't beat and plays balls out every night.

That being said, they need to majorly retool that team. Westbrook was awful in the 4th but look at how ridiculously terrible they were at the end of the 3rd when he had to take a breather.

He's out there for a majority of the time with Oladipo, Roberson and Grant with the rotating in of Adams, Kanter and McDermott. Regardless of defense, McDermott has to play more to give them a shooter.

Russ is such a ferocious competitor, you wish you could turn down some of the out of control/wild plays by like 5-10%, but I'm not sure you can do that and still have him be Russ.

Westbrook is probably my favorite player in the NBA right now because he's not a front runner who joins up with others he can't beat and plays balls out every night.

That being said, they need to majorly retool that team. Westbrook was awful in the 4th but look at how ridiculously terrible they were at the end of the 3rd when he had to take a breather.

He's out there for a majority of the time with Oladipo, Roberson and Grant with the rotating in of Adams, Kanter and McDermott. Regardless of defense, McDermott has to play more to give them a shooter.

Yeah, this seems pretty clear to me. His shooting ability is simply too important. It's not as if the defense is doing very well without him anyways.

Having said that, he was open in the 4th quarter multiple times and Westbrook just blatantly ignored him.

Harden certainly has the better supporting cast in terms of scoring. The team is built around it. When you can bring Lou Williams and Eric Gordon off the bench, with guys like Ariza and Anderson already in the line-up, the floor is so spread out. Even Beverley known for D is hitting big shots.

Kanter needs to play more. I know his D isn't great and it's a bad matchup, and maybe he isn't healthy, but he is the second best offensive player. When Nene or Capela are out there, Kanter needs to be in for his offensive rebounding and scoring inside. What OKC lacks is any semblance of a back-up PG. They have nobody else. Russ and Victor are both scoring guards, even though Victor has really struggled, and that has really killed them.

Houston is the better team so none of this surprises me at all, but OKC had a big opportunity last night and blew it.

Harden certainly has the better supporting cast in terms of scoring. The team is built around it. When you can bring Lou Williams and Eric Gordon off the bench, with guys like Ariza and Anderson already in the line-up, the floor is so spread out. Even Beverley known for D is hitting big shots.

Kanter needs to play more. I know his D isn't great and it's a bad matchup, and maybe he isn't healthy, but he is the second best offensive player. When Nene or Capela are out there, Kanter needs to be in for his offensive rebounding and scoring inside. What OKC lacks is any semblance of a back-up PG. They have nobody else. Russ and Victor are both scoring guards, even though Victor has really struggled, and that has really killed them.

Houston is the better team so none of this surprises me at all, but OKC had a big opportunity last night and blew it.
Patrick Beverley might be on of my favorite role players of all time. Love his game.

Indiana is in danger of blowing this game after having a huge lead... at home.

Indiana is in danger of blowing this game after having a huge lead... at home.
Or, another way of looking at it, the Cavs have turned it on big-time, coming back from, what, 25 at the half?

I expected the Cavs to lose one game,maybe tonight, but not in a blowout. At least that won't happen.

If I'm not mistaken, Kyrie's been on the bench the 4th quarter. Hurt? Or just playing poorly.

BTW, this just in: LeBron's a freak.

Or, another way of looking at it, the Cavs have turned it on big-time, coming back from, what, 25 at the half?

I expected the Cavs to lose one game,maybe tonight, but not in a blowout. At least that won't happen.

BTW, this just in: LeBron's a freak.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply Indy was blowing it. The Cavs are asserting their will.

Bron is putting on a clinic. It's games like this when you watch Bron and wonder how he can't be the MVP... We just take his greatness for granted.

Yeah, I didn't mean to imply Indy was blowing it. The Cavs are asserting their will.

Bron is putting on a clinic. It's games like this when you watch Bron and wonder how he can't be the MVP... We just take his greatness for granted.
He has my MVP vote. :)

Kyrie and Love both on the bench the 4th quarter. Frye and Williams playing well.