its time for a new stadium | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

its time for a new stadium

Were you at the WF game? That was the hottest I can ever remember being in my entire life. Of the many issues one has to deal with when going to a football game, BO should NOT be one of them.

It's been hotter in there than at the WF game.
You should've been there opening night, or any other sweltery summer night when there were 45k+ butts in the seats.

Were you at the WF game? That was the hottest I can ever remember being in my entire life. Of the many issues one has to deal with when going to a football game, BO should NOT be one of them.
I hope you guys don't get us on your schedule anytime before mid-October. If you do, don't sit on the east or north ends...

Edit: It's kind of insane for my southern mind to wrap around *any* building to not have air conditioning, much less a domed stadium. I think that's just a climate difference thing, though. I've also never shoveled snow.

I like the game to be played on natural grass.

"If they don't come you should build it..."

Insanity - we can't fill the stadium we currently have and its an indoor dome in CNY. Hell as it is of the 30,000 we can get per game 10,000 of them leave the the 3rd quarter to beat the "traffic." You would get at least 10,000 less per game if you made these so so fans sit out in the cold and/or weather. That and the place would be half a loud, god dam aweful idea.

Now if you want to talk about building a new basketball stadium downtown, lets talk.

I'd much rather prefer a brand new practice facility to help attract better recruits than a new stadium.

Last year the team got most its wind on grass and most it's losses on turf ... just sayin ... I love the dome but wish they could have real grass too.

I hope you guys don't get us on your schedule anytime before mid-October. If you do, don't sit on the east or north ends...

Edit: It's kind of insane for my southern mind to wrap around *any* building to not have air conditioning, much less a domed stadium. I think that's just a climate difference thing, though. I've also never shoveled snow.

It is insane ... especially when it's named after the guy who invented air conditioning. :bat:

And that adds another $100 million to the cost.

Gang, it ain't happening quite yet.

We can't get more than 30,000 fans for a guaranteed good weather game against Toledo, who nearly beat Ohio State. Tough sell right now, even with the upcoming ACC $ infusion.

Go to the damn games, people.

The people will come back when the team is a solid winner, expecting to win 75% of their games or better, and DOING IT...

It's the same old song & dance...

You have a solid core of diehards who would show up if Syracuse kept GROB, then you have the average fan who needs more incentive to interrupt their weekend, & this particular fan comprises the vast majority of people.

This won't change, so accept it while we wait for DM to make us an annual title contender. ONLY THEN will we generate the revenue to think about upgrades to the Dome or a new stadium...

Anybody got figures for college football attendance nationally since they started televising most everyone's games... a few years ago?

Welcome to Syracuse, the only football team in the world where the fans bitch about not being able to watch a game without air conditioning!

Welcome to Syracuse, the only football team in the world where the fans bitch about having to watch a game in the outdoors.

But seriously, the people who don't see why we need a new stadium, are ridiculous. Make another dome if you want to keep weather conditions out, but for sake, the Dome reeks of ing depression and concrete. It's old, it looks old, and its not attractive at all.

I've said this many times before, and I still think it's true. The Carrier Dome is to SU football as Cameron Indoor Stadium is to Duke basketball. They are both very small compared to their more modern brethren, but they do, when packed with rabid fans, give their teams a huge home field/court advantage. The greatness of the Dome is that it doesn't need to house 100,000 fans to be effective. It's uniqueness is what makes it the icon that it is.

I love the carrier dome and we have had some great games and lasting memories. After watching the game from work today, and then getting home to watch some more college football, it is obvious we need a new stadium. I am in favor of keeping the carrier dome for the time being, as it is great for basketball and lacrosse, until we can build a new stadium and make the transition from the dome. Is it is time to build a state of the art outdoor stadium? If Syracuse really wants to become a top 25 contender, we need a new facility. Obviously we can't afford to build our own stadium, but its time for Doc Gross to reach out (probably already has) and find a suitor. Two thirds of the season will be played in nice or decent weather. The questionable weather comes into effect in November, and even the idea of a retractable roof isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but something needs to be done sooner rather than later. Every season we continue to play in the dome, the more and more outdated our program becomes. Thoughts?

Waste of money.

Edit: It's kind of insane for my southern mind to wrap around *any* building to not have air conditioning, much less a domed stadium. I think that's just a climate difference thing, though.

AC is only needed for the first couple football games and Commencement. But it is needed. You have to be a real die-hard to go to an early season football game.

I've also never shoveled snow.

I had to do a double-take on your handle as I first read it as Boonville, which is usually near the top of any heavy snowfall list. Friendly tip: Don't even become BoonvilleJacket.

But seriously, the people who don't see why we need a new stadium, are ridiculous. Make another dome if you want to keep weather conditions out, but for sake, the Dome reeks of ******* depression and concrete. It's old, it looks old, and its not attractive at all.

What's ridiculous is how many people think the real world works like Field of Dreams... If we build it, they will come. And that it's needed to be a winning program again. USC plays at a stadium in a ghetto, Miami won championships playing in a dumpy, rat-infested building in front of a lot of empty seats, and Minny's new stadium hasn't done sheet for them.

The last item on the list of needs.

Better locker and study hall areas - better trainer's room - new practice facility - new hall of fame area.

The Dome is fine.

This

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I think SU should just paint the concrete orange so it'll look better on tv for the fans that don't show up and watch the game on tv and complain that SU doesn't (fill in the blank).

Upgrade the practice areas and weightlifting.

i don't like the angle the cameras are at either they are to low makes it look like a hight school game.

Why do I get the feeling that most posters who continually bad mouth the dome do not even go to the games? Here is a thought for those who hate the dome. Gather yourself and all your friends and attend all SU home games to the point where the "old crappy place" is filled to over capacity and has a waiting list of 10,000 fans who want to attend. Then I bet you may see some action on a new facility. Me, I am older then the dome and I think all it lacks is some upgrades and some actual fan support!

i don't like the angle the cameras are at either they are to low makes it look like a hight school game.
Don't watch it on TV.

Come to the games - best sightlines in college football.

The endzone seats might be the best in the house.

I love the carrier dome and we have had some great games and lasting memories. After watching the game from work today, and then getting home to watch some more college football, it is obvious we need a new stadium. I am in favor of keeping the carrier dome for the time being, as it is great for basketball and lacrosse, until we can build a new stadium and make the transition from the dome. Is it is time to build a state of the art outdoor stadium? If Syracuse really wants to become a top 25 contender, we need a new facility. Obviously we can't afford to build our own stadium, but its time for Doc Gross to reach out (probably already has) and find a suitor. Two thirds of the season will be played in nice or decent weather. The questionable weather comes into effect in November, and even the idea of a retractable roof isn't a bad idea. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but something needs to be done sooner rather than later. Every season we continue to play in the dome, the more and more outdated our program becomes. Thoughts?

Yeah, sure, someone has 500 million sitting around with nothing better to do.

The Dome is a treasure, wish more people got that.

How many people who want an open air stadium ever sat nrhough a game in Archbold? I did and I'll take the Dome.

Ands if we want a new stadium, where is the $$$$? Shall we take up a collection?

I'm not claiming that we should sink money that would put us into debt to do it, but we need a new stadium as soon as its possible. I'm sorry but stadiums built in the era the Carrier Dome was are, on the whole, ing horrible venues that were not designed with longevity in mind.

How many people who want an open air stadium ever sat nrhough a game in Archbold? I did and I'll take the Dome.

Ands if we want a new stadium, where is the $$$$? Shall we take up a collection?

I did too ... It was warmer to sit on the actual concrete than it was to sit on the seats themselves. It was as cold as I ever remember being.

It's way to early to think about a new stadium ... until we start filling up the one we got. If they did get a new stadium then think about how many people will come when they double or triple prices of all tickets and concessions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom