Its time to sit Cooney | Syracusefan.com

Its time to sit Cooney

tino

Scout Team
I really think he has had enough chances to come out of his slump. Its in his head and chances are that he wont come out of this funk unless there is a change. Try not starting him and bring him in later. It would not hurt to do this , what can we lose , I really feel he should have not been brought in at the end, he had the perfect shot and he didnt take it , he was scared...you need to take him out JB,,, no time to lose now

He's the starting shooting guard for the next two years after this.

I really think he has had enough chances to come out of his slump. Its in his head and chances are that he wont come out of this funk unless there is a change. Try not starting him and bring him in later. It would not hurt to do this , what can we lose , I really feel he should have not been brought in at the end, he had the perfect shot and he didnt take it , he was scared...you need to take him out JB,,, no time to lose now
that is a great way to get him out oif his funk. We aren't going anywhere if he doesn't get red hot. Not saying that he will, but if he doesn't make 4 or 5 a day, we are done.

Really?

my thoughts exactly. You want to bench the 2G who has a shot (pun intended) of scoring, in favor of a guy who's game limits his scoring ceiling to about 8 points in a game?

Cooney probably won't come out of his more than month-long funk before the season ends, but they have to ride with him and hope like heck he gets out of his own head.

Don't think we should give up on him. We need him to get out of this slump, and there just aren't any other great shooters on the team (or should be great anyway)

This is BS. First of all who are you going to put in? Secondly, Cooney is a work in progress, but his remaining two years, he will be an excellent player. Don't forget, he is the leader and #1 option on this team next year.

I'm praying that Cooney gets his act together because this year he's the only option. G brings very little offense. I'm hoping a Buss and BJ get a real chance next year to help us.

Last edited:
This is BS. First of all who are you going to put in? Secondly, Cooney is a work in progress, but his remaining two years, he will be an excellent player. Don't forget, he is the leader and #1 option on this team next year.

#1 option... Yikes!

Double yikes.

Sit Cooney now? Really? This time of year? OK backing away. As an aside JB never changes from day 1 of the first Conference game. Not slagging on Boeheim all you 'Boheimista's. Just how it has always been.

I really don't think that more Gbinije is going to help, at all.

JB made some comment about Gbinije being "unleashed" in the post-season. Was that him "unleashed"?

no backcourt depth was a known problem coming into this season. way too late to fix it now.

This team only has 7 guys. Nobody is sitting. We're going down with what we got. Very disappointing after the great start.

that is a great way to get him out oif his funk. We aren't going anywhere if he doesn't get red hot. Not saying that he will, but if he doesn't make 4 or 5 a day, we are done.
Agree with your general point, but we don't need 4-5 a game from him 2-3 at a 35-40% clip would be just fine.

no backcourt depth was a known problem coming into this season. way too late to fix it now.

Actually, coming into this season, we had five guards allegedly vying for playing time. Please don't forget we have two **** players riding the pine, instead of competing in our backcourt.

no comment

Really it would be three guys since even when our centers are wide open during pick and rolls we don't even try to get them the ball. I can understand not wanting to throw the ball to Keita, but Christmas has shown a decent offensive game on a number of occasions this season. Why run pick and rolls if the defense doesn't even need to cover the guy rolling to the hoop since they know we never pass it to him.

My original post was sarcastic btw.

Actually, coming into this season, we had five guards allegedly vying for playing time. Please don't forget we have two **** players riding the pine, instead of competing in our backcourt.

ok but also keep in mind that 4 of the above had never played a single minute for us and the 5th couldn't shoot a lick when he did.

Cooney is an in the mix guard - he needs to be recruited over for the starting minutes

I like the thought but which SG do you suggest we get? Don't think there are any good ones left out there.

I like the thought but which SG do you suggest we get? Don't think there are any good ones left out there.
Well, Kaleb Joseph could play alongside Ennis for some minutes (if TE is here).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom