ivan maisel's kid at RIT went missing | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ivan maisel's kid at RIT went missing

It's a hike from RIT to either one of those two places. Not like Geneseo where you walk out of the Bar right onto main street and Aunt Cookies Sub shop.

Yep. It was easier to drive down to Monroe ave to go to one of the knock off hots places than drive out to Lyell ave or Main st.

A lot of RIT's programs are 5 year programs with required co-op experiences. I know all of their engineering majors require taking semesters off to get work experience. Also, one of my best friends is an accounting major there and she's taking this semester off to co-op, so I'm guessing it's common across more majors than just engineering.

One of the reasons I chose Clarkson over RIT.. I get through in 4 years with my internship experience coming in the summer. Also, I couldn't stand to live in Henrietta.

You can do your co-ops in the summer. RIT is on a quarter system and each co-op is technically one 3 month quarter. You're required to do 2. Some like to bundle it up into one 6 month stretch.

I had almost 2 quarters of classes from taking AP classes and college equivalent classes (including my Syracuse University Freshman English, go SU!) before I ever stepped foot on that campus so I was actually able to take a spring off and do mine over a spring/summer and graduate in 4 years. A lot of the 5 year kids (at least on the business side where I was) were engineering program flameouts. Most of the business, art or liberal art students could graduate in 4 years fairly easily if you just did your co-ops over 2 separate summers.

But it's a good point on the 4/5 year programs. US news and world report listed 4 and 6 year graduation rates. 6 year was in the 60% range.

You can do your co-ops in the summer. RIT is on a quarter system and each co-op is technically one 3 month quarter. You're required to do 2. Some like to bundle it up into one 6 month stretch.

I had almost 2 quarters of classes from taking AP classes and college equivalent classes (including my Syracuse University Freshman English, go SU!) before I ever stepped foot on that campus so I was actually able to take a spring off and do mine over a spring/summer and graduate in 4 years. A lot of the 5 year kids (at least on the business side where I was) were engineering program flameouts. Most of the business, art or liberal art students could graduate in 4 years fairly easily if you just did your co-ops over 2 separate summers.

But it's a good point on the 4/5 year programs. US news and world report listed 4 and 6 year graduation rates. 6 year was in the 60% range.

I believe RIT switched to spring/fall semesters a year or two ago. I could be wrong though.

I believe RIT switched to spring/fall semesters a year or two ago. I could be wrong though.

They did? Guess I should say "was" on a quarter system then. Wow didn't know that. I always hated the quarter system. We had the worst spring break weeks because of that, talent was pretty scarce lol.

tep624 said:
I went to RIT - winters at that school get downright depressing and miserable. I guess they've built quite a few new structures around the campus to give it more of a community feel but when I was there in the mid to late 90's it was a bunch of government looking buildings in the suburbs of Rochester surrounded by desolate swamp land.
Dribbles makes up for all of that, right?

TexanMark said:
IMHO, RIT has one of the ugliest campuses
They make up for that by having no women?

Closed, Statesmen has been getting business.
statesmen was closed too for a while, not sure if it's back open

i can't imagine being a college student this winter. it wasn't this cold any of my 4 years stumbling around

Closed, Statesmen has been getting business.
I cannot believe that Basher closed down a huge money maker to turn it into a Sorority house. I have some great memories from there.

Horrible story.

Prayers are with the young man and his family.

They have a little plaza close to RIT now, TC Rileys, B&N, etc...and some more normal student housing. Looks better than it did a decade ago.

Still, horrible campus. Also, may be the worst place to drive past in the entire country....people leaving that campus just pull into traffic constantly. It's like all the worst drivers in the country decided to go to the same school.

I am one of those that transferred after 1 year at RIT. One of the most miserable places in the world.

They have a little plaza close to RIT now, TC Rileys, B&N, etc...and some more normal student housing. Looks better than it did a decade ago.

Still, horrible campus. Also, may be the worst place to drive past in the entire country...people leaving that campus just pull into traffic constantly. It's like all the worst drivers in the country decided to go to the same school.
lovin cup is a good place too

I went to Naz for grad school but lived near RTI at Rustic Village. I do remember back in the mid 90's a cool bar where we played beach volleyball under a bubble during the winter. The homecoming queen from my high school inexplicably went to RTI. Then again, she hated it there!

I went to Naz for grad school but lived near RTI at Rustic Village. I do remember back in the mid 90's a cool bar where we played beach volleyball under a bubble during the winter. The homecoming queen from my high school inexplicably went to RTI. Then again, she hated it there!
hot shots

Was she an art major? If it wasn't for the art school and the business school...needless to say I tried to go to Geneseo as often as I could.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom