I've seen enough | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

I've seen enough

We will be underdogs at VT.

It’ll be interesting to see how much yesterdays games influenced things (likely not more than a point move total), but going into yesterday the analytics projected Syracuse to be a 2-3pt favorite on the road. Losses to top teams and victories against garbage teams don’t lead to huge adjustment, so analytics will likely still favor Syracuse.

Hopefully they expect a lot of emotion to affect the betting, as a Thursday game that’s very possible. Emotion is why Syracuse could be an underdog. If Syracuse is an underdog, I may be hammering that because it’s not supported by actual game results.

(As an aside, the analytics which favored recent results had us as a bigger favorite than ones which equally weight all games. The idea that Virginia Tech “found themselves” is not based on analytics - it’s an overreaction to ONE game. So I’m unsympathetic to that argument in favor of VT as a favorite).

We may disagree on which ones but…​

IMG_8972.gif

They're all playing better- VT included. They somehow find ways to end seasons with more "depth" than we do.
At this point, I'm mentally preparing for the perennial "Dino Swoon" these last few games.
Ive said it before and I will again. Given the way we lost the last 3, and the improvement of the back 5 teams on the schedule, those games look a hell of a lot less winnable than 3 weeks ago. I know the company line all year has been 'but the second half schedule is more mananageable.' That isn't as comforting right now as it was.

It’ll be interesting to see how much yesterdays games influenced things (likely not more than a point move total), but going into yesterday the analytics projected Syracuse to be a 2-3pt favorite on the road. Losses to top teams and victories against garbage teams don’t lead to huge adjustment, so analytics will likely still favor Syracuse.

Hopefully they expect a lot of emotion to affect the betting, as a Thursday game that’s very possible. Emotion is why Syracuse could be an underdog. If Syracuse is an underdog, I may be hammering that because it’s not supported by actual game results.

(As an aside, the analytics which favored recent results had us as a bigger favorite than ones which equally weight all games. The idea that Virginia Tech “found themselves” is not based on analytics - it’s an overreaction to ONE game. So I’m unsympathetic to that argument in favor of VT as a favorite).

VT is crap but they seem to at least be getting better week to week. They beat Pitt, hade a much better showing than us at FSU and beat Wake in the last three weeks. Going in to our byes they actually have momentum. We are the opposite.

VT is crap but they seem to at least be getting better week to week. They beat Pitt, hade a much better showing than us at FSU and beat Wake in the last three weeks. Going in to our byes they actually have momentum. We are the opposite.
They are going to get the benefit of some officiating too I believe.

The odds of us ever going into this bye with momentum we're always very low.

This always projected as a "time to get right" bye and matchup.

100%. A guy like the liberty coach is already to well known. Like I said this week Syracuse if/ when they hire a new coach has to think way outside the box and if it works then hope they can keep them in 3-4 years. Thinking guy like lance Leopold when UB hired him not Kansas
Here a crazy name. Mack Leftwich. Ask our old friend Lindsey Scott about him.

I would rather not go 0-12. Lots of coaches have done far worse. And they all get second or third chances.
Well if that’s true they shouldn’t, we can find a good coach who isn’t a piece of crap as a human being. Kinda moot argument anyway.

I would rather not go 0-12. Lots of coaches have done far worse. And they all get second or third chances.
Urban Meyer told his good buddy Chris Ash not to be a candidate for the SYR job. He told Ash that SYR is not a good job. He steered Ash to Rutgers and for that we should all be happy.

Last edited:
We don’t know if this is an up year. Like I keep saying, we’re gonna know in a couple weeks.
Well considering all the players and coaches talked about building off last year (7-5) and shrader said we’d beat Clemson this year preseason it’s expected to be one

Well considering all the players and coaches talked about building off last year (7-5) and shrader said we’d beat Clemson this year preseason it’s expected to be one
If they finish 9-3 then building off last year is precisely what will have occurred.

If not then we have all off-season to talk about how disappointed we are.

The folks who wouldn't want urban Meyer are kidding themselves, if he quickly turned SU into conference contenders I think we would quickly forget about past transgressions. This is true about alot of cfb fans, every coach is a sumbag or cheater or we dislike until he's your coach, then ya defend him. This is so similar to last year on the bball side regarding Pitino, and a religious school hired him, lol.

The folks who wouldn't want urban Meyer are kidding themselves, if he quickly turned SU into conference contenders I think we would quickly forget about past transgressions. This is true about alot of cfb fans, every coach is a sumbag or cheater or we dislike until he's your coach, then ya defend him. This is so similar to last year on the bball side regarding Pitino, and a religious school hired him, lol.

No.

IMO - it’s time for a change. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. I just don’t find the way Dino coaches enjoyable or productive.

Honestly, what scares me more is I’m not sure I have the trust in Wildhack making the right decision on who the next person in charge should be.

Not every coach does what Meyer has done or is a piece of garbage like he is, you are wrong

Not every coach does what Meyer has done or is a piece of garbage like he is, you are wrong
This is all opinion, so I can't be wrong, ha.
I just don't get the high horse position, the objective is to win. Fwiw, I'm not calling for Dino to be fired, I'm realistic that our ceiling is lower than we would like but when you are dismal for 15 out of the last 20 years you might need to roll the dice and take a chance, otherwise your not that committed to winning at the highest levels. Coaches w baggage get 2nd chances all the time if they have a history of winning , generally.

Urban Meyer won’t be the next coach here anyway, I was simply saying that would be my first phone call. I have a bad feeling Dino will win 6 games, and the University won’t pull the trigger. It was simply my opinion which at my current Donor ranking needs to move up a hell of a lot more for anybody to care lol.

IMO - it’s time for a change. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. I just don’t find the way Dino coaches enjoyable or productive.

Honestly, what scares me more is I’m not sure I have the trust in Wildhack making the right decision on who the next person in charge should be.

Has he made an my hires that aren’t alumni?

I wonder what this place looks like if they lose to VT in a few weeks.

First, he wouldn't turn us in to a conference contender. Second, he is a piece of trash and we can find someone who isn't. Third, I don't care what any other school does.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom