I've seen enough | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I've seen enough

So you’re saying Marrone is coming back? ;)
Tbh Marrone would be the biggest name who would conceivably coach here.

Orgeron, urban, Mullen come on. Stop w these crazy names. Some of these are crazy and would never be hired on the hill.

If we want pie in the sky, Marrone would be the candidate.

Isn't Urban the genius who wouldn't play Cisco? Add that to his resume as well. A big no from me and if SU, though I don't think it would happen, hire this guy...I'll give up my season tickets.

IMO - it’s time for a change. When someone shows you who they are, believe them. I just don’t find the way Dino coaches enjoyable or productive.

Honestly, what scares me more is I’m not sure I have the trust in Wildhack making the right decision on who the next person in charge should be.
This doesn’t line up with who JW likes to hire. There isn’t a former player out there and there isn’t anyone currently in house.

Isn't Urban the genius who wouldn't play Cisco? Add that to his resume as well. A big no from me and if SU, though I don't think it would happen, hire this guy...I'll give up my season tickets.
If by some miracle we could get a coach like Urban they would be blowing walls out of the Dome to add more seating in 5 years.

Last edited:
Ehh I wouldn't see ADJW forcing the alumni angle for football. Hoops and Lax had some natural snap ins with Red and Gait. I think ADJW would look national for best hire.

Ehh I wouldn't see ADJW forcing the alumni angle for football. Hoops and Lax had some natural snap ins with Red and Gait. I think ADJW would look national for best hire.
He’d be forced to because there are zero options out there like he had with both basketball coaches and lacrosse coaches.

If by some miracle we could get a coach like Urban they would be blowing walls out of the Dome to add more seating in 5 years.

The great thing about hypotheticals that aren’t going to happen is you can make them as unrealistic as your heart desires. To be contrarian I’ll go the opposite direction - since Urban has led to controversy and scandal everywhere he’s gone, he’d do the same here. Additionally, he wouldn’t win either since coaching isn’t the only missing piece. The result would be the BOT would tire of the negative publicity and would vote to fire Urban and drop to FCS four years after hiring him.

(Anyone expecting Urban to recapture old glory is overlooking how badly his brand is damaged; after treating paid athletes like garbage no one is going to want their kid playing for that lunatic. While it’s cliche to say you won’t be able to pay them enough to do it - in this case it’s the literal truth. If he does come back to coaching, it will make Johnny Majors second go around at Pitt look wildly successful by comparison).

Willie Fritz would be a great choice-Tremendously successful everywhere he's been

Wille Fritz is 63 years old, spent almost his entire career down South and also turned down the GT job last year, why would he want to come to Syracuse? Guys like this just don't make sense to me. Sure you could overpay him but I am not seeing it. His roster is 90% of kids from Louisiana, texas and Florida, Good coach bad fit

Last edited:
As an update, holy crap did analytics not like our game Saturday. Syracuse projects to be about a 1-3 pt underdog at VT now; that’s a 5-6 pt swing from where it was Saturday. That’s almost entirely due to Syracuse dropping value, VT is still about the same. Analytics really, really did not like our offensive showing Saturday.

I’m changing my opinion, I’d run like hell from this game. Betting on any game after value swings that wildly from one game is a bad bet, regardless of what way you’re betting. But Va Tech being favored would make sense to me now.

Orgeron, urban, Mullen come on. Stop w these crazy names. Some of these are crazy and would never be hired on the hill.

Who gets the job of telling Marrone's wife she has to move back to Syracuse?

I don't think Mullen would have a lot of P5 offers. So I wouldn't say it is not possible.

Who gets the job of telling Marrone's wife she has to move back to Syracuse?
I put it at 5% but i'm saying a household name who would come to Syracuse he's probably your top guy.

i still think if JW decides to pull the rip cord he needs to find someone with HC experience, NORTHEAST experience.

Let's look at our most successful head coaches in past 40 years:

Dick Mac-Umass HC, from Maine
Paul Pasqualoni-from CT, coached in CT and Syracuse before being HC
Doug Marrone-From Bronx. Syracuse grad. His "dream job"

Definition of insanity is doing same thing expecting diff result. The GERGS and Dinos aren't from here. Go back to the well if we want to get back to syracuse football.

Even having Crouthamel being a Dartmouth guy understood the regionalization of northeast football. That's why he was prob against the ACC. What we gained in money we lost in our identity

JW needs to find someone with HC experience, NORTHEAST experience.

Let's look at our most successful head coaches in past 40 years
The landscape is much, much different now than the last 40 years. We need name recognition, someone who can excite the boosters so that we can make a splash in the portal with NIL. Northeast ties are nice, but all that matters now to recruits is how much they can get paid. That's it.

I put it at 5% but i'm saying a household name who would come to Syracuse he's probably your top guy.

i still think if JW decides to pull the rip cord he needs to find someone with HC experience, NORTHEAST experience.

Definition of insanity is doing same thing expecting diff result. The GERGS and Dinos aren't from here. Go back to the well if we want to get back to syracuse football.

Even having Crouthamel being a Dartmouth guy understood the regionalization of northeast football. That's why he was prob against the ACC. What we gained in money we lost in our identity

I'd take Marrone back in a heartbeat. But I don't think he's interested at all, and I think his wife is less interested.

That Holy Cross coach looks appealing. Mid 40s, northeast guy, has won everywhere he's been. Think of the money we could save too. Wouldn't have to whore out our home games to NYC.

But first things first, none of this talk matters unless we lose 3 more games in the regular season.

Wille Fritz is 63 years old, spent almost his entire career down South and also turned down the GT job last year, why would he want to come to Syracuse? Guys like this just don't make sense to me. Sure you could overpay him but I am not seeing it. His roster is 90% of kids from Louisiana, texas and Florida, Good coach bad fit

If we are going for older coaches instead of up-and-coming ones I would seriously look at Gus Malzahn. I would have to think we can hire a coach away from UCF but who knows.

You must not know recent Kansas history. They haven’t won more than 5 games since 2008. Leipold is about to do that two years in a row.
From 2009-2020 they were 26-115 through several different coaches who tried.
Last year Kansas beat #18 Oklahoma State.
He has done a phenomenal job so far.
Yeah and remember this guy?

4010315334_0522cf663f.jpg

I agree with the type of HC having connections in the Northeast and knowing what it means to be at Syracuse.

As to the ACC, we can use our OOC schedule to make up for it. In the Big East 1.0 we had BC, Pitt, VA Tech, West Virginia, Rutgers, Temple in the Northeast. In the ACC we still have BC, Pitt, VA Tech. We can schedule OOC WV, RU, Temple, Penn State, MD, Army, Navy, UConn, UMass to fill in the gaps. The Big East 2.0 had only Pitt, WV, RU, UConn in the Northeast which is one more team than the ACC.

I really think we need to go this route OOC.

Leipold
He wouldn’t come here, why would he? KU can pay him more than we can or are willing to pay him. If he left KU it would be to move up to a bigger program. I am all Cignetti, 24-7, 365, 366 in a leap year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom