I've spent way too many years pining for Scoop Jardine | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

I've spent way too many years pining for Scoop Jardine

Great post... only thin I'll add is that Scoop was a top 30 recruit coming in so I don't think it's fair to say he wasn't elite. He was elite, but at that time we were getting used to getting players like him because of the Melo center bump. For reference Scoop was #31 when he committed and Quade Green is currently #22 in the rankings.

Not to beat a dead horse but the problem isn't the system... our recruiting has slipped from getting MCW - #21, Ennis - #22, Flynn - #23, Jardine - #31 to Joseph - #50 and Howard #80. The earlier guys were not only ranked highly in overall rankings but they were top 2 or 3 points in the country. Then we would pair this elite point guard with an elite forward and a decent center and that would be the core of our team. For this existing group we're missed in all of those categories some due to luck (coleman getting hurt), players not developing/poor scouting (roberson), early and unplanned for departures (malachai) along with the all eggs in one basket philosophy.

As others have said the coaches really need to take a close look at their program building strategy because its not working.

Really? I recall most people were pretty nervous about how we were winning. All of the bounces went our way for a stretch of about 10 games as we built that 25-0 record.

I definitely remember being scolded on here voicing concern but then the homers were coming back with that 'a win is a win' nonsense. Even JB in pressers has shut down that foolish logic.