Class of 2014 - jaboree williams | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 jaboree williams

I agree, I'm with ya. There are just a few quality kids that we are/were trying to flip that I wanted. Hate hearing how a new coach can come in and close so fast. Just angry about our flips last year I guess. And I know they were to Miami etc.

The kids we lost last year weren't the only ones coaches were coming after. So yeah I get your point but maybe Jaboree Williams was our Marquez Hodge or Tyler Provo or Isaiah Johnson. Things last year could have been ALOT worse.

The kids we lost last year weren't the only ones coaches were coming after. So yeah I get your point but maybe Jaboree Williams was our Marquez Hodge or Tyler Provo or Isaiah Johnson. Things last year could have been ALOT worse.

Thats true as well. I remember hearing that Marrone was especially good at holding onto to commits when other schools came in late. Hope Shafer is able to do this as well!

Clawson must be a great salesman/recruiter. He has only been on the job a week and just before the Dead Period he does an in-home with a QB commit of ECU and flips him. I would love to hear the pitch.

i think the pitch is easy. come play in the ACC and get national exposure v playing in whatever league ecu plays in.

i think the pitch is easy. come play in the ACC and get national exposure v playing in whatever league ecu plays in.

It's a little different in Carolina. ECU was looked at as the best FB program in the state this year. They beat the heck out of State and Carolina and barely lost to VT. They don't have to be in the ACC to play the ACC.

It's a little different in Carolina. ECU was looked at as the best FB program in the state this year. They beat the heck out of State and Carolina and barely lost to VT. They don't have to be in the ACC to play the ACC.
I think Duke gets the nod for best FB team in NC this year. Regardless, if you rank who is more recognized nationally among: ECU, UNC, NCSU, Duke and Wake; where do you think ECU would come in? Maybe 4th.

dont disagree, although i stand by my theory that it would be a persuasive argument

dont disagree, although i stand by my theory that it would be a persuasive argument

I agree that is a persuasive argument but I still wonder if that was the speach
I think Duke gets the nod for best FB team in NC this year. Regardless, if you rank who is more recognized nationally among: ECU, UNC, NCSU, Duke and Wake; where do you think ECU would come in? Maybe 4th.

LOL.. I actually forgot about Duke FB. I guess it's the novelty of them having a winning FB program. Nationally because of BB I would say Duke and Carolina are more recognizable. This ECU flip though is a FL kid who had offers from PSU and Air Force so that is why I don't think it was come play in the ACC that was the selling point. I read a little more and it seems it was the promise of early playing time and that Clawson is telling them that he is going to turn Wake into the Vandy/Stanford of the ACC.

CuseLegacy said:

Watch these teams slowly have "scheduling conflicts" and be unable to play ECU

I agree that is a persuasive argument but I still wonder if that was the speach

LOL.. I actually forgot about Duke FB. I guess it's the novelty of them having a winning FB program. Nationally because of BB I would say Duke and Carolina are more recognizable. This ECU flip though is a FL kid who had offers from PSU and Air Force so that is why I don't think it was come play in the ACC that was the selling point. I read a little more and it seems it was the promise of early playing time and that Clawson is telling them that he is going to turn Wake into the Vandy/Stanford of the ACC.

Acc is a lot closer to home then the big ten schedule as well. Clearly, this is kid who wanted to stay local based on choice of school.

Has Jab Williams come out and publicly re-affirmed to Wake and stated that his recruitment is over or is everybody just making assumptions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom