Class of 2014 - jaboree williams | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 jaboree williams

At some point we have to win a battle right? Seems on even ground we tend to lose more often than not.

money3189 said:
From reading some of his old articles. That kid loves Wake Forest. Thats all it is.
Wake is a great academic school and he's one guy that truly cares about academics. I can't fault the guy.

How is it even ground ? He's been committed to Wake for months and is enrollimg next month. Our coaching staff has been talking to him for 7 days.
Absolutely. It is pretty obvious that he loves Wake Forest, and the only reason he even considered any other program is because of the coaching situation at WF. He gave SU a look and was very impressed, but when he was satisfied with the coaching hire at WF, he decided to stay with the school he committed to, we lost nothing.

Not just Williams but over the years. I don't blame Williams for staying loyal, that's a good quality to have. Even recently we could go down the list. Beau, Ward, Holley, Ishaq, Mavety, Cabinda obviously there are others. There are more that go elsewhere in these battles than choose us. Hope it turns around but its been like this for years now. We get strung along for awhile and then dropped. If Williams was committed to the school he should not have wavered. Wake Forest is Wake Forest regardless of who is coaching the team.

Entropic said:
Not just Williams but over the years. I don't blame Williams for staying loyal, that's a good quality to have. Even recently we could go down the list. Beau, Ward, Holley, Ishaq, Mavety, Cabinda obviously there are others. There are more that go elsewhere in these battles than choose us. Hope it turns around but its been like this for years now. We get strung along for awhile and then dropped. If Williams was committed to the school he should not have wavered. Wake Forest is Wake Forest regardless of who is coaching the team.

Each recruit is different. Williams went to a peer school for academic reasons.

Coaches are important - ask Z.Allen.

We still 20+ battles a year for players. Some players require more fight than others.

We appear to have won the battle for K.J. Williams, Zaire Franklin, A.J. Long, Alin Edouard, Paris Bennett, Colton Moskal, Erv Phillips Corey Cooper, and everybody else thats committed to us this year.

Sure we may not have won a battle for an absolute major player with offers from alabama, LSU and FSU, but it's not like we aren't winning any fights for players.

Come on and be serious. Most of the guys we have committed had Syracuse as their BEST football option in that they only had a couple major offers. We should be beating out mid majors. Moskal had Cuse and Minn., Phillips had Cuse, Bennett had Cuse and Pitt. 3/4s of the commits had few to no major offers. We won a few battles yes, but again we lose way more than we win.

Entropic said:
Come on and be serious. Most of the guys we have committed had Syracuse as their BEST football option in that they only had a couple major offers. We should be beating out mid majors. Moskal had Cuse and Minn., Phillips had Cuse, Bennett had Cuse and Pitt. 3/4s of the commits had few to no major offers. We won a few battles yes, but again we lose way more than we win.

KJ picked us over Michigan.

I just can't agree with this. Our recruit's offer lists have grown substantially over the past 5 years. We were battling Akron consistently when Doug Marrone came here. And this season's recruiting haul is looking to be one of the most substantial in a long time if you're looking solely at offer lists.

Which the accuracy of has been debated.

But, I bet that if you look at our commits offer lists cumulatively as well as the recruits that are left on the board that we have a good shot with, it would dwarf what it was a mere four years ago.

Furthermore, you're not taking into account how much less attention an early commit gets once they stop attending camps and such. Once they commit there are multiple reasons why they may or may not get more offers,

Have you looked at Cooper's list of schools? Or Williams or Edouard?

When you have probably 100 or more offers out, you are going to lose more then you win. The players we are recruiting now for the most part, all have better offers then previous years. We're back to recruiting against our peers, and not MAC, CUSA, SUNBELT, and the like which is where we were a couple years ago.

Beau was a Wisconsin legacy recruit, Holley didn't consider us from day 1, Mavety really didn't have that much interest in us (didn't even visit), Cabinda was a lifelong PSU fan. Ishaq was a national recruit. These were never even battles.

We were never "strung along" in any of these cases.

Corey Cooper (O) Miami, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Iowa St, Kentucky, Lville, Maryland, Minny, UNC, NCSt, Ok St, Pitt, Vandy, Wake, WashSt, WVU

3/9/2013 Naesean Howard (O) Buffalo

3/14/2013 AJ Long (O) Arizona, UCLA, Ohio

6/2/2013 Zaire Franklin (O) Arizona, Pitt, UConn Temple

6/14/2013 Colton Moskal (O) Minnesota, Cincy, Bowling Green, N. Illinois, Toledo, New Mexico, Wyoming, W. Mich, CMich

6/21/2013 Rodney Williams (O) Temple, Buffalo > CAMP KID

6/24/2013 Parris Bennett (O) Pittsburgh, Bowling Green, Toledo, CMichigan, WMichigan

7/7/2013 KJ Williams (O) Michigan, Rugters, Missouri, Arizona, UCLA, Pitt, Wisconsin, Vandy, UCF, Uconn,

7/27/2013 Lamar Dawson (O) BG, CMich, Cincy, N-Illinois, Ohio, Toledo, WMich

9/1/2013 Erv Phillips (O) Temple

9/8/2013 Jamal Custis (O) Rutgers, Pitt, Virginia, Central Florida, UConn

10/6/2013 Aaron Roberts (O) Illinois, Ball State (oklahoma's been contacting him)

10/20/2013 Alin Edouard (O) Miami, BC, Mississippi, LVille, Nebraska, Penn State, Tennessee, Arizona, Wake, Cincy, USF, FIU, FAU

I just can't agree with this. Our recruit's offer lists have grown substantially over the past 5 years. We were battling Akron consistently when Doug Marrone came here. And this season's recruiting haul is looking to be one of the most substantial in a long time if you're looking solely at offer lists.

Which the accuracy of has been debated.

But, I bet that if you look at our commits offer lists cumulatively as well as the recruits that are left on the board that we have a good shot with, it would dwarf what it was a mere four years ago.

Furthermore, you're not taking into account how much less attention an early commit gets once they stop attending camps and such. Once they commit there are multiple reasons why they may or may not get more offers,

You can't agree with it because it's not accurate. It's just another case of a person taking things for face value without taking the time to do any analysis.

You can't agree with it because it's not accurate. It's just another case of a person taking things for face value without taking the time to do any analysis.

I just posted an offer list breakdown, that shows some type of quantifiable data towards this topic. With the data we have, I thought it was interesting.

PhatOrange said:
Corey Cooper (O) Miami, Arkansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Illinois, Iowa St, Kentucky, Lville, Maryland, Minny, UNC, NCSt, Ok St, Pitt, Vandy, Wake, WashSt, WVU 3/9/2013 Naesean Howard (O) Buffalo 3/14/2013 AJ Long (O) Arizona, UCLA, Ohio 6/2/2013 Zaire Franklin (O) Arizona, Pitt, UConn Temple 6/14/2013 Colton Moskal (O) Minnesota, Cincy, Bowling Green, N. Illinois, Toledo, New Mexico, Wyoming, W. Mich, CMich 6/21/2013 Rodney Williams (O) Temple, Buffalo > CAMP KID 6/24/2013 Parris Bennett (O) Pittsburgh, Bowling Green, Toledo, CMichigan, WMichigan 7/7/2013 KJ Williams (O) Michigan, Rugters, Missouri, Arizona, UCLA, Pitt, Wisconsin, Vandy, UCF, Uconn, 7/27/2013 Lamar Dawson (O) BG, CMich, Cincy, N-Illinois, Ohio, Toledo, WMich 9/1/2013 Erv Phillips (O) Temple 9/8/2013 Jamal Custis (O) Rutgers, Pitt, Virginia, Central Florida, UConn 10/6/2013 Aaron Roberts (O) Illinois, Ball State (oklahoma's been contacting him) 10/20/2013 Alin Edouard (O) Miami, BC, Mississippi, LVille, Nebraska, Penn State, Tennessee, Arizona, Wake, Cincy, USF, FIU, FAU

Mind you these are offers before the kids committed to Cuse. I am sure more schools would have got involved if the kids were open to it... Like Franklin

Clawson must be a great salesman/recruiter. He has only been on the job a week and just before the Dead Period he does an in-home with a QB commit of ECU and flips him. I would love to hear the pitch.

Clawson must be a great salesman/recruiter. He has only been on the job a week and just before the Dead Period he does an in-home with a QB commit of ECU and flips him. I would love to hear the pitch.

well at least he is flipping ECU's qb, and not Edouard. Hopefully he no longer plans to visit

well at least he is flipping ECU's qb, and not Edouard. Hopefully he no longer plans to visit

The flip gives Wake two QBs for the class of 2014... but I wonder if he will be making room.

I'm getting a little angry. Sure it's an ECU flip, but I want to see us flip some kids too... I really like our class, just want to hear about SS's recruiting prowess not Clawson. Come on

I'm getting a little angry. Sure it's an ECU flip, but I want to see us flip some kids too... I really like our class, just want to hear about SS's recruiting prowess not Clawson. Come on

What difference does it make whether we flip kids or not - I just want so we us land quality prospects.

What difference does it make whether we flip kids or not - I just want so we us land quality prospects.

I agree, I'm with ya. There are just a few quality kids that we are/were trying to flip that I wanted. Hate hearing how a new coach can come in and close so fast. Just angry about our flips last year I guess. And I know they were to Miami etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom