Jackson Meeks love | Syracusefan.com

Jackson Meeks love

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
Need to give Jackson Meeks a little love. He seems to be one of (if not the) most intense receivers / competitors we have. And that catch was absolutely huge. He’s gotta get more run.

Need to give Jackson Meeks a little love. He seems to be one of (if not the) most intense receivers / competitors we have. And that catch was absolutely huge. He’s gotta get more run.
Yep dudes a man, strong athletic quick fast and intense. Guys a gamer. And add smart. Never seen a kid get the ball to the refs to get them to set it up so quickly when we were fighting the clock

That one catch was amazing. From last year’s drops to this? Fantastic.

One questions on…given his experience figured he’d start ahead of his former GA teammate Haynes. Is Haynes just better talent? Love having them both.

That was an outstanding catch. The WR group was the least experienced group that was on the field yesterday. Not counting JRS because he was a scratch. Hatcher was the only WR that had any starts last year.

Meeks and Haynes got little if any WR snaps, Pena was out all year, Gill was a freshman back up, Ross was in HS. They did great out of the gate, potential was realized.

OG was much more fluid, we know Villari can make plays.

LQA was used like the Bilks use Cook, Nixon was very good on those arrow routes, and he did it to both sides, which is a great skill to have. Willis on screens could be great.

Loved Meeks yesterday as well. Not only the outstanding catch but a couple other things stood out:

- At the end of the half with time running out, when he made that short catch, he immediately popped up and RAN the ball over and handed it to the ref showing his awareness of time and situation
- Also, there were numerous times I saw him as the first guy congratulating both offensive and defensive players coming off the field after a big play.

The kid is a gamer, a winner, and very mature. I hope he gets more run in place of Umari going forward. Think he's the kind of guy you want on the field as much as possible for many reasons

He was our most overlooked or underrated add out of the portal last year. Guy is the consummate team player, works hard and is a tough, physical receiver that can help set the tone. He won’t put up video game numbers but he’s a great glue guy and team leader. I’m very happy he’s part of the program.

That was an outstanding catch. The WR group was the least experienced group that was on the field yesterday. Not counting JRS because he was a scratch. Hatcher was the only WR that had any starts last year.

Meeks and Haynes got little if any WR snaps, Pena was out all year, Gill was a freshman back up, Ross was in HS. They did great out of the gate, potential was realized.

OG was much more fluid, we know Villari can make plays.

LQA was used like the Bilks use Cook, Nixon was very good on those arrow routes, and he did it to both sides, which is a great skill to have. Willis on screens could be great.
What a great idea. Would love to see Willis in the open field. He’d be a real problem and defenses would have to plan for him. They are going to have to plan for LA as it is. To have a two-headed running and receiving back situation could be fun.

Edit: I’d actually like to see them both in at the same time. That could really open up the field for the wide receivers if they both had to be covered in the flat.

Last edited:
Loved Meeks yesterday as well. Not only the outstanding catch but a couple other things stood out:

- At the end of the half with time running out, when he made that short catch, he immediately popped up and RAN the ball over and handed it to the ref showing his awareness of time and situation
- Also, there were numerous times I saw him as the first guy congratulating both offensive and defensive players coming off the field after a big play.

The kid is a gamer, a winner, and very mature. I hope he gets more run in place of Umari going forward. Think he's the kind of guy you want on the field as much as possible for many reasons
I think he will get more run and Hatcher a bit less.

Meeks play a bunch, he also got hurt which took him out for a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom