Jalen Brunson coming back to Nova | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Brunson coming back to Nova

I really wish this kid had interest in Syracuse or that he had a dad or someone who thought we should recruit him. That would have been great.

Didn't he want to come here?

He did. I'm being sarcastic and deflecting my pain through humor. We would have had a solid backcourt with him and Monte Morris.

I just remember a couple posts about him in the recruiting thread, I really didn't follow his recruitment that much.

For his Jr year, you can't make it up.

Villanova PG Brunson to return for junior year

I know it's become your thing to act like players from every other school come back and we're the only ones to have guys go pro, but Brunson wasn't even predicted to get drafted. With the exception of Jerami Grant, all of our guys who have left early have at least gone first round. I don't count Devendorf and Harris - they also had off the court circumstances in their decision to leave early. I'm pretty sure they realized they weren't getting drafted in the first round.

I know it's become your thing to act like players from every other school come back and we're the only ones to have guys go pro, but Brunson wasn't even predicted to get drafted. With the exception of Jerami Grant, all of our guys who have left early have at least gone first round. I don't count Devendorf and Harris - they also had off the court circumstances in their decision to leave early. I'm pretty sure they realized they weren't getting drafted in the first round.

I wouldn't say he had no chance to get drafted, he could have been a 2nd round pick.

I wouldn't say he had no chance to get drafted, he could have been a 2nd round pick.

Yes and our guys have been going first round and you throw a fit when they leave. I really like you as a poster, but you exhaust me when it comes NBA Draft time. It's not as much fun to me either when guys leave so early. I love Syracuse more than any other team I cheer for and love college ball more than the NBA. But I've come to accept it's going to happen and don't really blame the guys if they are going to get picked in the first round.

Yes and our guys have been going first round and you throw a fit when they leave. I really like you as a poster, but you exhaust me when it comes NBA Draft time. It's not as much fun to me either when guys leave so early. I love Syracuse more than any other team I cheer for and love college ball more than the NBA. But I've come to accept it's going to happen and don't really blame the guys if they are going to get picked in the first round.

Lydon is not a lock to be drafted in the first round, the only guys I really questioned was Ennis and Malachi, and Green, but that was long before I was a poster here.

Lydon is not a lock to be drafted in the first round, the only guys I really questioned was Ennis and Malachi, and Green, but that was long before I was a poster here.

I'm confident Lydon will go first round and will eat my words if not. I'll try to be patient with you. I just didn't understand where you were coming from with your original post in this thread.

I'm confident Lydon will go first round and will eat my words if not. I'll try to be patient with you. I just didn't understand where you were coming from with your original post in this thread.

He probably will go in the first round, didn't have a point, just saying that someone with similar stats to Lydon was coming back to school next year, instead of declaring for the draft.

He probably will go in the first round, didn't have a point, just saying that someone with similar stats to Lydon was coming back to school next year, instead of declaring for the draft.

I see your point. I know it greatly frustrates you. Like I said, it's not as much fun for me either to have a revolving door.

Greene and Malachi had a chance to improve there stock had they come back, especially Greene. Ennis made a great decision IMO because he was very unlikely to ever be drafted higher than he was. Greene bounced around for quite a while after his first contract but I think he could have been a lottery pick had he come back to SU. Malachi got drafted and is getting paid. I think he will wind up with a nice NBA career.

Greene and Malachi had a chance to improve there stock had they come back, especially Greene. Ennis made a great decision IMO because he was very unlikely to ever be drafted higher than he was. Greene bounced around for quite a while after his first contract but I think he could have been a lottery pick had he come back to SU. Malachi got drafted and is getting paid. I think he will wind up with a nice NBA career.

Another thing to consider, wasn't Donte a soon to be father? I could be wrong about that. But if so, another thing to consider is these decisions often have other considerations than just draft placement. I know you know that jordoo -just happen to be responding to your post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom