Jalen Carey - Any Word? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey - Any Word?

My crystal meth ball

1575784238368.png

I don’t believe sitting out a year at Syracuse under a medical redshirt qualifies him for immediate eligibility at the start of next season should he decide to transfer at the end of the school year.

I think the earliest he would be able to play at another school should he decide to transfer would be Spring semester of 2021, if he decides to transfer from SU at the end of this semester.

That's correct. You need to establish a year in residence at your new school before you are declared eligible.

Unless you call "heads" in the NCAA Waiver coin flp.

Carey wants to play; I definitely expect him to drop down a level to get more PT

Yeah Jalen isn’t coming back. Boeheim even acknowledged it during the team Skype during the Basket Ball. He asked Jalen how the process is going and if he has whittled his list of schools down. Jalen didn’t drop any school names and Boeheim thanked him for being such a supportive teammate this past season. Howard I’m curious about because there’s been radio silence, although I could see him somewhere closer to home like Canisius or Niagara.

Yeah Jalen isn’t coming back. Boeheim even acknowledged it during the team Skype during the Basket Ball. He asked Jalen how the process is going and if he has whittled his list of schools down. Jalen didn’t drop any school names and Boeheim thanked him for being such a supportive teammate this past season. Howard I’m curious about because there’s been radio silence, although I could see him somewhere closer to home like Canisius or Niagara.

during that same show, JB also thanked the “3 transfers”.

Yes. A little bit lower level of competition on a team where he could press and run the floor seems ideal.
He was a poor fit for this system. Asking him to "play" PG put him in a position that absolutely accentuated his skill deficiencies and probably destroyed his confidence. He is not a PG. Square peg, round hole.

Carey would have been far better served playing off the ball in an uptempo, full court pressing, man to man system like Pitino runs. I'm not convinced he needs to drop to lower level.

He was a poor fit for this system. Asking him to "play" PG put him in a position that absolutely accentuated his skill deficiencies and probably destroyed his confidence. He is not a PG. Square peg, round hole.

Carey would have been far better served playing off the ball in an uptempo, full court pressing, man to man system like Pitino runs. I'm not convinced he needs to drop to lower level.
I'm not sure about his skill level. I had read that his perimeter shooting was not a strength, so that was no surprise. But he also had great trouble finishing at the rim, and his decision-making in the lane was bad.

If he wants big mins out of that group it's Rhode Island right?

If he wants big mins out of that group it's Rhode Island right?
He’s not starting at PG for URI next year so I’m not sure. Fatts Russell has that locked up

He’s not starting at PG for URI next year so I’m not sure. Fatts Russell has that locked up

I feel like Carey is a better SG at this point so maybe playing with Fatts in the backcourt is appealing. Tbh I don't really care just wish him the best.

He is a 2. No Buddy and Jalen is all Cuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom