Jalen Carey - Any Word? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Jalen Carey - Any Word?

Louie and Patrick are best buds from the long time they were on the Knicks together. They go way back together.

I know and understand that. Doesn’t mean I have to like it though lol.

You can’t play shooting guard if you can’t shoot in 2020.

There's a lot of shooting guards that can't shoot at the college level, but that's an entirely different discussion.

I think Jalen would have been an asset here if he'd stayed. I think he was one of those guys who couldn't adapt to the short leash - make a mistake and get sat down. I'm not saying he deserved it, but if he could have been allowed to play enough minutes to get comfortable we would have seen a different player. We saw it on occasion but he wasn't consistent enough and I don't think his psyche was a good fit here.

I wish him well in his new school

I also think he better get moving on a decision before other schools give out all their scholarships!

Also he gets the short leash while Buddy and Girard are lazy slobs on defense and don't get pulled

Last I checked Syracuse wasn’t a mid major and this isn’t 1995.

And last time I checked, I wasn’t talking about Syracuse but where Jalen could go next.

You should go to Iona

You'll likely get to play under two head coaches in New Rochelle. Think how cool that would be.

I’m from Boston I don’t like the greater NYC area lol.

4DF9A9D6-2962-417E-9C46-BDF539BC7E97.jpeg

Jalen Carey was a nice kid and an exceptional teammate, who rooted enthusiastically for his teammates even after getting benched.

But it is amazing how big of a "miss" he was [and I recognize that he was rated highly, had several good programs recruiting him, etc. -- so it wasn't just our coaches], as the hand-picked PG we wanted.

Jalen Carey was a nice kid and an exceptional teammate, who rooted enthusiastically for his teammates even after getting benched.

But it is amazing how big of a "miss" he was [and I recognize that he was rated highly, had several good programs recruiting him, etc. -- so it wasn't just our coaches], as the hand-picked PG we wanted.
Carey & Kaleb Joseph, plus the (in my opinion) unwarranted commitment to Howard & Girard, post-Ennis changed the trajectory of the program.

The weird thing about carey is I thought he’d be good. I never thought Kaleb would be good.

Strange, Carey played on the 21st against Kansas St in what must be a tournament in the Caymen Islands. He didn’t play the next 2 games of the tournament there, the last being yesterday. Hurt? Sent home? Their next game isn’t until Sunday, the 27th at BC. He has no food? Speaking in metaphors or is he really sitting someplace hungry?

Strange, Carey played on the 21st against Kansas St in what must be a tournament in the Caymen Islands. He didn’t play the next 2 games of the tournament there, the last being yesterday. Hurt? Sent home? Their next game isn’t until Sunday, the 27th at BC. He has no food? Speaking in metaphors or is he really sitting someplace hungry?

Carey (undisclosed) missed the final two games of the Cayman Islands Classic, including Wednesday's 57-44 victory over Illinois State.

Carey has been battling hip and groin injuries this season, but he was able to return and put up a strong defensive effort in the opening game of the tournament Monday against Kansas State. He's not quite ready to play three games in a row, however, though he'll get some extra rest before Sunday's showdown at Boston College.

Indicative of our talent evaluation and recruiting over the past decade.

We thought he was going to be Judah Mintz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom